Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The first ability seems reminiscent of 4* Spidey's
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is that Peter Parker? Why would he use something from the guy who killed his girlfriend (OK OK I know about the snap but)? Why does Spidey need a glider? Why am I surprised that any stupid gimmick is up for grabs these days? I guess Venom has a jetpack and Rhino rocket skates or something. Is there a symbiote Aunt May and is JJJ now The Vulture? Actually that last one...
    Introducing: Ghost Venom Rhulk!

So many questions and none of them capable of answering...
    So first, right, everyone dies.  Then they have to metaphorically make a "deal with the devil". And by "devil" I mean "Robot Devil Mephisto". And by "metaphorically" I mean "get your coat"
  • Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When does this character get revealed again? The bonus character post said 8/8 for this one? 
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Where's the reveal?
    It was supposed to come out yesterday.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I thought this would have been abomination, but sadly looks like a 4* Daredevil.  Would have preferred Abomination and Titania as the two 4*s this month

Unless this is Anti-Hero Titania?   Locks are wrestling moves.   Jim Shooter did borrow the name Mary MacPherran from the real Mary MacPherran when he came up with Titania.

I'm hoping it is Titania, so here's my cover guess 

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hoping that She-Hulk gets a Fantastic Four costume sometime in the future.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just announced on Twitter Spider Man: Oscorp!!!
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Well.... another spiderman -.-
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I do declare we only call this character: Glidey Spidey.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    https://d3go.com/marvel-puzzle-quest-new-character-spider-man-oscorp/

This Spider-man, unlike other Spideys, doesn't work well with them because his red power removes all web tiles. However, his two other powers are great for spiderteam.

Locking 4 random tiles and increasing damage dealt to targeted enemy is nice.

His purple power is awesome. I can imagine those three repeaters behaving like Spider-Bots. Unfortunately, the max total number of web tiles created will be 6.

Easily 3/5/5 for me.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I do declare we only call this character: Glidey Spidey.
    Glider Man!
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Miles's yellow passive at 5 covers, it gains 1 purple, red and blue AP.  The upcoming Spider-man uses purple, red and blue.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His purple power is awesome. I can imagine those three repeaters behaving like Spider-Bots. Unfortunately, the max total number of web tiles created will be 6.

Easily 3/5/5 for me.
    You might want to consider 5/5/3 for that red Nuke which could easily do 40K damage with web tile partners.

Also the passive part of his Purple says he creates another spider bot whenever he takes damage so you don't need to run the active part to get spider bots (esp if Silk is one of your 2 partners doing some burst healing on web tile match/destroy). A pick 3 team with 2099 + Silk and Glidey Spidey gonna be hard to kill.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The problem is he will remove all web tiles after firing his red. I don't remember any of the web tile characters removing all web tiles. I think some of them in 4* and 5* land would remove a few but not all. Come to think of it, there aren't a lot of strong red Spideys in 4* land. I could only think of SMIW and Spider-Gwen.

As for his purple passive, it didn't state it's a repeater because it's missing 1 turn/2 turn-repeater Spider-Bot. It states it as Spider Bot. I think those passive ones are Spider-Bot trap tiles, instead of Spider-Bot repeater tiles.
    Oscorp Egg Bombs – 6 Purple AP
    I’m starting to see why Norman throws those pumpkin bombs all the time! Spider-Man deploys an Oscorp egg bomb, spawning 1 1-turn Spider-Bot Repeater tiles; when they activate, they move to a new random tile, leaving a Web tile behind.
    (Passive) When a Spider-Bot has activated 2 times, it becomes a Trap tile that deals 93 damage, stuns the enemy for 1 turn(s), and activates all other Spider-Bot Trap tiles. Whenever Spider-Man takes damage, he creates 1 Spider-Bot(s). (Max level 180 damage)

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great for 4 tier players but 5* players will nuke a 4* Spider Team in 3 moves. I do like the green herring the devs used to make us all guess She Hulk though . 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SMIW removes half the web tiles every time he takes ability damage. Both are Peter Parker though so I'm not clear if they can even be used together for it to matter. 
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Great for 4 tier players but 5* players will nuke a 4* Spider Team in 3 moves. I do like the green herring the devs used to make us all guess She Hulk though . 
    yea, I thought it was supposed to be She-Hulk.  Until they decided to release a bonus 4* character on Aug 18.  She-Hulk TV series debuts on Aug 18.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 648 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hhhhmmm spider-man on a glider?. Not a fan.  This is coming from an adult who argued with his 8 year old nephew in toys r us why I wouldn't buy him spider-mans helicopter. It got quite heated, didn't buy it tho.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hhhhmmm spider-man on a glider?. Not a fan.  This is coming from an adult who argued with his 8 year old nephew in toys r us why I wouldn't buy him spider-mans helicopter. It got quite heated, didn't buy it tho.
    That must have been a long time ago given the ToysRUs reference.

KGB