**** Spider-Man (Oscorp) ****

Comments

• CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    This is definitely She-Hulk. The series debuts on 8/18, 3* She-Hulk is getting rebalanced, and the clue is ""Something borrowed, something green..." — the "green" should be self-explanatory, and it's Bruce's gamma-irradiated blood that is borrowed.

And the blue "disable" ability sounds lawyer-y, like a cease and desist.

All in all, I'm excited, for this release and the show!
    Objection. Hearsay!
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Objection!
    Sustained!
    Overruled.
    Sidebar.
    Guilty!
    Speculation.
    Hearsay!
    Bailiff.
    Briefcase.
    Disregard.
    In my chambers
    Stop beavering the witness.
    I rest.

I could totally be a lawyer
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    im taking a wild guess and saying it might be frogman, he might have "borrowed"the suit, and he's green....idk.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tiletype?

Doesn't have a value, so not protect/attack/strike. The character can wipe ALL of that tile type, not just friendly/enemy, so it's not countdown or repeater because that would be too powerful. And it's not trap tiles, because that last power has repeaters that activate a few times and become traps, and the Tiletype is something different.

I'm thinking Web Tiles. Could be a Spidey (1* has these colors, 3* swaps red for yellow, 4*/5* Peter swaps purple for green, Miles/Gwen swap blue for yellow, etc), team affiliations are going to be Avengers and one of the Civil War teams (Peter is Iron Man).

Oh and that red power is almost Iron Spidey's proportional punch.

Another Peter Parker? A 4-star comic Peter for the Spidey-versary? Or a Spider-Verse variant?

I absolutely don't think it's She-Hulk because it would be odd to add her as a 4* instead of a 5*. 

But I'm not sure how the clue fits in.... This is going to be like the Doc Ock clue, isn't it?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The dev said they want to introduce more character type tile (Think Dr Strange, Silver Surfer) into the game. It's probably one of type. What Spidey villians do we have that are green and not in the game? 4* Jackal?
  • JHawkInc
    I'm not sure we need another Doc Ock, but people have expressed interest in the female version (though some of that was for more 5* female villains, so she wouldn't be wanted as a 4* like this character), and she's usually seen in the classic green/yellow Doc Ock jumpsuit, could they be Tentacle tiles? My first reflex was "it could only possibly be Web Tiles", but there ARE other options, like Tentacles, or some of the specifics like you mentioned. My first gut reflex was Hobgoblin, but I think the clue would be worded slightly differently (like "borrowed from something green" instead of two separate items), and I don't feel like the powers match very well.

Besides, I'm just now noticing it's a Hero anyways. Spider-Man Beyond? Ben Reilly, pre-Chasm, with the "borrowed" thing being Spidey's name? No idea what the green would be, then.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is definitely She-Hulk. The series debuts on 8/18, 3* She-Hulk is getting rebalanced, and the clue is ""Something borrowed, something green..." — the "green" should be self-explanatory, and it's Bruce's gamma-irradiated blood that is borrowed.

And the blue "disable" ability sounds lawyer-y, like a cease and desist.

All in all, I'm excited, for this release and the show!
    What is exciting you about the show?
    She-Hulk can be really fun with the right creative team, and based on the trailers it looks like they're embracing the comedic side of the character — if they lean into it, there's a lot of potential for a really ridiculous show. If they make the 4th wall breaking a one-off and referential only, I'll be disappointed but will still enjoy the big, buff Tatiana Maslany.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sadly there are no signs of Awesome Andy or Razorback in the She Hulk TV show but it should be pretty fun.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Tiletype?

Doesn't have a value, so not protect/attack/strike. The character can wipe ALL of that tile type, not just friendly/enemy, so it's not countdown or repeater because that would be too powerful. And it's not trap tiles, because that last power has repeaters that activate a few times and become traps, and the Tiletype is something different.

I'm thinking Web Tiles. Could be a Spidey (1* has these colors, 3* swaps red for yellow, 4*/5* Peter swaps purple for green, Miles/Gwen swap blue for yellow, etc), team affiliations are going to be Avengers and one of the Civil War teams (Peter is Iron Man).

Oh and that red power is almost Iron Spidey's proportional punch.

Another Peter Parker? A 4-star comic Peter for the Spidey-versary? Or a Spider-Verse variant?

I absolutely don't think it's She-Hulk because it would be odd to add her as a 4* instead of a 5*. 

But I'm not sure how the clue fits in.... This is going to be like the Doc Ock clue, isn't it?

You may be on to something, apparently the new spider man has a green goblin glider.  Borrowed from GREEN goblin.

• CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Green Suit Spider-Man - the more envious symbiote.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't know such Spiderman exists. This character took part of the ability from SMIW, 2099 and Anti-Venom, add some more effects, and you get GSSM.
  • DAZ0273
    Is that Peter Parker? Why would he use something from the guy who killed his girlfriend (OK OK I know about the snap but)? Why does Spidey need a glider? Why am I surprised that any stupid gimmick is up for grabs these days? I guess Venom has a jetpack and Rhino rocket skates or something. Is there a symbiote Aunt May and is JJJ now The Vulture? Actually that last one...
  • DAZ0273
    I dunno how anyone can afford a rocket glider these days anyway. And I am sure there are several zoning laws getting broken here! You can't fly a drone in most places let alone a rocket sled!  JJJ will have something to say about this but I have to agree, this Spidey does seem like a menace! This is worst than electric scooters!
  • JHawkInc
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is that Peter Parker? Why would he use something from the guy who killed his girlfriend (OK OK I know about the snap but)? Why does Spidey need a glider? Why am I surprised that any stupid gimmick is up for grabs these days? I guess Venom has a jetpack and Rhino rocket skates or something. Is there a symbiote Aunt May and is JJJ now The Vulture? Actually that last one...
    I hadn't heard of it, but it's *super* fresh, like from the run that started in March or so and is only 6 or 7 issues in right now.

The preview for it was "What did Peter Parker do?" and basically he's on the outs with everyone (even MJ and Aunt May), I don't think they've revealed exactly why yet, but he's supposed to be at a new "rock bottom", where turning to Goblin Gear could be a reasonable move (I don't know if we'll believe that as the story progresses, but that seems to be the narrative intent).

Fits the clue, fits my theory about web tiles, fits the character colors and affiliations, fits with something new for the 60th Spidey-versary. Seems like the missing piece to the puzzle was being up-to-date on the comics.
  • DAZ0273
    Yeah absolutely agree coz I never saw this one coming at all, lol! These crazy kids and their new fangled comic booking ideas...
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Introducing: Ghost Venom Rhulk!

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    This would make for a lot of spiders in the 4* tier. 

I'd wonder whether they will make this one (assuming it is Peter Parker) mutually exclusive with the Infinity War 4* we have. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Introducing: Ghost Venom Rhulk!

So many questions and none of them capable of answering...
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Something green: hulk
    Something borrowed: ghost rider possession 

Web tiles from Venom symbiote 

That could be the new character right there /s
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    "Spider Glider" rhyming vs "Goblin Glider" alliteration. Looking forward to the animations!