MPQ What's New August (Updated 8/23/22)

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Chirus said:
    Is oscorp spidey going to be the required character two events in a row for PVE? Jus making sure this isn't a typo. 
    I'm double checking with the event designers to make sure, but it's what's listed in the docs AND on the events on the QA server at the moment. So if it's an error, it's not *my* error. :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    #WorksOnMyMachine
  • Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for the quick response & turn-around on the answer! The double dip is also appreciated.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pumped for another Heroic Boss event - hope we have a different group than Dark Avengers.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm hoping this heroic counts as being close enough to the Spiderversary that we get to use the Spidey affiliation. I always enjoy using the Miles/2099/Silk team.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Flyswatting PVP has Bishop as both progression and placement reward.  Shouldn't it be Spiderman as progression?  Is this because we're double dipping Spiderman in PVE or another mistake.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Won’t be here to find out but  A ) Gateway could have a great power set or B. ) A Chinese character in relation to the Open Door Policy, Mandarin 
  • Excellent
    Excellent Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    "5-Star Clue: Door's always open"

A door is a portal. Who makes portals? The Spot!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Jessica Jones famously always has a broken door. but if we get a second JJ out of the blue, that would be kind of baffling and hilarious.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She-Hulk is feeding the next 5*. So, I think it should be one of the characters from her show and I'm going with Abomination.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She-Hulk is feeding the next 5*. So, I think it should be one of the characters from her show and I'm going with Abomination.
    According to her bio, Abomination is one of her clients.  I'll bet "my door is always open" is something she says to abomination, probably after he accidentally rips it off it's hinges.
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm going with Wong. He's in She-Hulk plus can open doors anywhere.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm thinking it is just a straight-forward The Green Door reference, and 4* She-Hulk (Origin) is going to be immediately followed by 5* She-Hulk (Immortal).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm with Blackheart.
    If I'm right then there is no connection at all between both.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Immortal Hulk PVP will be a bloodbath.  I hope everyone has a ton of health packs ready.

oh and Wanda is buffed too meaning extra health packs required.
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has the next Puzzle Gauntlet been moved up a week? The game is previewing that it starts tomorrow, which, if so, is gonna make for some real dry game play days during the next Boss Event.
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited August 2022
    Options
    New 5-star will be Smart Hulk.

He tells She-Hulk “My door is always open.”
    **Mod note: Please be considerate of others and use the spoiler tag function. -fight4thedream
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    A third 5* Hulk who isn't the Joe Fixit grey hulk? Hopefully he's good. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of repetition with variations of characters already in the game , which I don’t mind to a point with classics like Thor and Hulk. But it still avoids plenty of other single unique characters who could be created . We don’t need Dork Hulk as a 5*, I’d have rather had Abomination