Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A - June 2022 (6/10/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited June 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

The entire team here at D3 Go! is super excited to have Broken Circle Studios (BCS) on board and we’ve seen some really great insightful questions in response to the news.  A few questions have been answered by the team so far but with all these great questions, we would like to reintroduce the Monthly Developer Q&A here in the forums to help connect everyone with the team.  This way we can make sure your top questions are being answered by members of the team in the most efficient manner.

So without further ado, let’s get started with the Q&A details to keep in mind.

• Any legitimate question is fair game, but keeping your question clear and concise will help. It's much easier to grasp the intent of a sentence or two.
  • Let's keep this to a max one or two questions each so we can manage things easily and give everyone the ability to participate. This is a monthly Q&A and you can submit further inquiries next time.
  • Please submit your question for this Q&A by Noon PST on June 13th.   
  • The team will review the questions and provide answers in the forums based on the collective questions from the community.  We will post the responses before EOD June 20th.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Let's try to keep this organized too! Please read what other people post so we don't keep repeating the same questions. There is a "like" feature to throw your support behind something you would have posted yourself. 

My question is simply whether we will expect to see a change in the number of movie/TV tie-ins? There are a lot of popular comic characters that haven't made it into the game yet because it seems releases are almost required for each new movie and TV show. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) How does the dev plan to design characters in terms of abilities, synergies and ap costs? Will future gameplay become more like Hulkoye or Polaris/BRB (Marvel Passive Quest) where you can win matches without much trouble even while watching netflix, compared to characters like Shang Chi, Big Wheel and Moon Knight where you need focus?

2) Are there any plan to make trap tiles more intimidating? Currently, most characters with trap tile abilities are being looked upon unfavorably. For example, Mr Sinister, Moon Knight and Yelena etc. Traps are supposed to induce fear due to the element of surprise or fear of unknown. In MPQ, the threat level of trap tiles is probably 2 out of 10.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    I appreciate this new open dialogue.
    Do you plan on implementing difficulty levels?
    Imo each new content could be more enjoyed if they were enabled.
    On pve there is the CL, but any type of gauntlet different than puzzle gauntlet don't has it.
    Precisely on gauntlets not focusing on speed imo the experience could be greater if each player freely could choose the degree of his challenge, for just a tiny amount of extra reward for a excuse. 
    Gauntlets offering difficulty levels may be a bit harder to design but if they are good could be reruned after.
    On the other hand gauntlets with the same difficulty for all players could be really hard for some rosters, leaving the impression that it's not worth the rewards for the effort when on pve it's possible to choose a less difficult scl; and on the other side of the spectre they could be very easy for players like me always playing scl10, leaving the impression that I'm doing minor play just for to earn easy rewards and stomping defenceless bots.
    Traps are supposed to induce fear due to the element of surprise or fear of unknown. In MPQ, the threat level of trap tiles is probably 2 out of 10.

Probably because they can be overwrited. It could be great a new type of trap rejecting the overwrite but then turning visible.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are there any upgrades planned for PVP? I would like to see a minimum guarantee for points for winning a fight as well as an ability to refresh a node's points to see if a 40 pt fight that you queued up a couple hours ago when someone was climbing is still worth that much or if it dropped down to 20 pts or less.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Haven't seen the most important question asked yet.

1: Where's Omega Red?
    (2)followup: gimme Omega Red!
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I'm still waiting on 3* Mack with his Shotgun-axe 
    I also would like a 4* Dr's. FitzSimmons
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you get rid of all the affiliations on supports? Just tie them to heroes, villains, or any character. There are currently 10 supports tied to specific characters or affiliations which is nearly 20% of the supports that go virtually unused.

Also, where is Omega Red?
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing i think really slows the game down at times is information banners. and let's be honest, anyone who's played this game for any length of time knows what's going on. i don't need a banner telling me character x does action y. even on passives. there have been toggles to turn off other things in the game. is it possible to introduce a toggle to turn off these banners? 

A feature i think would be really cool would be having each character/roster slot have a sub-character slot for a duplicate/farmed character. that way you could keep your max-champ and start a new build in the same roster slot without losing your champed character. conversely, the increase in roster slot price could be triggered/tied into the total number of characters in the game x 2 so you can roster a dupe without the added roster slot cost of 300+ Also, bonus roster slots/increased max default health pack storage earned through increasing shield ranks. 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Could old events be brought back?  I enjoyed the seven-day events.  Maybe even switch up the pattern so they don't always start on the same day.  Can the two-day subs go away?

Is the new pattern of having a puzzle gauntlet during a boss event here to stay?  Awesome if it is.  Don't be afraid to have boss events more than once every four or five weeks.  (Please do the double five star in rewards again.  Small generosities keep your long-time vets coming back.)

Any plans for themed synergies?  Some characters have them, but having a team of three guardians or three avengers should do something.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    LONG time player here (since Winter 2013).  Very interested for what's in store.

Question 1:
    Any thoughts on making the presentation for PVE nodes better?

Ever PVE node should show it's status WITHOUT having to tap into it:
    1) How many total clears have been done (3/4, 2/4, etc.)
    2) If the refresh timer has started, and how close it is to finishing (along with #1)
    3) Not as important as 1 and 2, but how many points it's worth.  (so I can easily find which are the highest point nodes that have finished their refresh)

With current UI, I have to tap into and then out of EVERY node JUST to see these 3 statuses of that node.  It's menu throttle fatigue in a big way.

Question 2:
    Abilities that depend on the Health % of either themself (5-Star Thor) or an opponent (3-Star Punisher).  Have there been thoughts to have a "style change" on the health bar to show us that the new effect will be active?  Currently have to do a lot mental math to figure out if these states will be in effect.
    This is done for some abilities that affect an opponent's Health Meter (3-Star Deadpool Red and 5-Star Old Man Daken), so would be nice to see it done for all powers.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Can PVE time slices be like PVP and have 12 hour differences? Two consecutive PVPs do not have the same ending time. 
This discussion has been closed.