***** Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin) *****

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited May 2022 in Character Details

Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin)
5-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Hero, Inhuman

“Sister to Queen Medusa, Crystalia Amaquelin has the Inhuman ability to control the four classical elements of Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth. In the aftermath of the Terrigen Cloud awakening new Inhumans around the globe, Crystal was appointed the Inhuman Ambassador to oversee diplomatic relations and humanitarian efforts in regions affected by the Mists.”

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)

15236 Health / 61241 Health

175 | 225 | 29 | 27 | 200 | 25 | 111 | 4.0x

700 | 900 | 114 | 106 | 800 | 97 | 445 | 4.0x

Some Say The World- 7  AP

With the power of the elements at her fingertips, Crystal unleashes mayhem and destruction! Deals 1297 damage and creates a Strike tile, Protect tile, and Attack tile of strength 174.

(PASSIVE) Crystal's base match damage is increased by 14 for each type of friendly special tile on the board (includes Strike, Protect, Attack, Countdown, Repeater, and Invisibility).

• Level 2: 1595 damage, SAP strength 56, match damage increased by 16 (At Max: 6412 damage, SAP strength 226, match damage increased by 63)

• Level 3: 1855 damage, SAP strength 56, match damage increased by 17 (At Max: 7455 damage, SAP strength 226, match damage increased by 69)

• Level 4: 1855 damage, SAP strength 80, match damage increased by 20 (At Max: 7455 damage, SAP strength 325, match damage increased by 80)

• Level 5: 2335 damage, SAP strength 108, match damage increased by 26 (At Max: 9383 damage, SAP strength 435, match damage increased by 104)

Elemental Activity - 6  AP

Crystal channels the elements to shape the world around her. Choose an element. Deals 3684 damage to the enemy team. This power’s passive effects change based on the chosen element.

Fire - (PASSIVE) Whenever you make a Red match, deal XX permanent damage

Earth - (PASSIVE) Whenever you make a Green match, Crystal improves a random friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tile by XX%

Air - (PASSIVE) Whenever you make a Yellow match, Crystal creates XX random Charged tile(s).

Water - (PASSIVE) Whenever you make a Blue match, Crystal restores XX health.

• Level 1: 916 damage, Fire deals 532 on match, Earth improves SAP by 50%, Air creates 1 charged, Water restores 549 health (At Max: 3684 damage, Fire deals 2137 on match, Water restores 2207 health)

• Level 2: 1008 damage, Fire deals 585 on match, Earth improves SAP by 55%, Air creates 1 charged, Water restores 604 health (At Max: 4052 damage, Fire deals 2351 on match, Water restores 2428 health)

• Level 3: 1099 damage, Fire deals 638 on match, Earth improves SAP by 60%, Air creates 2 charged, Water restores 659 health (At Max: 4421 damage, Fire deals 2564 on match, Water restores 2648 health)

• Level 4: 1282 damage, Fire deals 745 on match, Earth improves SAP by 70%, Air creates 2 charged, Water restores 769 health (At Max: 5158 damage, Fire deals 2992 on match, Water restores 3090 health)

• Level 5: 1282 damage, Fire deals 958 on match, Earth improves SAP by 90%, Air creates 3 charged, Water restores 988 health (At Max: 6631 damage, Fire deals 3847 on match, Water restores 3973 health)

Note that Earth and Air passives don't upgrade with character level (only ability level).

Inhuman Ambassador -  PASSIVE

(PASSIVE) As the Inhuman Ambassador, Crystal handles diplomatic relations to find and protect Inhumans all over the world. Whenever the enemy makes a match, if they have more AP than you in that color, grant a burst of 1842 health to the team. Inhuman allies get an extra burst of 613 health.

Whenever the enemy makes a Match-4 or greater, also generate an AP in that color.

• Level 2: 504 health, 168 extra for Inhumans (At Max: 2026 health, 674 extra for Inhumans)

• Level 3: 550 health, 184 extra for Inhumans (At Max: 2210 health, 736 extra for Inhumans)

• Level 4: 641 health, 214 extra for Inhumans (At Max: 2579 health, 858 extra for Inhumans)

• Level 5: 824 health, 275 extra for Inhumans (At Max: 3316 health, 1103 extra for Inhumans)

RELEASE SCHEDULE

Store Offerings:

Ardent Crystal Cover Store - March 10 to 14

• Chance to get Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls.

Crystalia Amaquelin Limited Vault - March 17 to 21

• 1x Brave The Elements Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Doc Ock (No Way Home) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

Brave the Elements Legendary Store - March 17 to 21

• 15% chance to get Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin), Storm (Ororo Munroe), Iceman (Bobby Drake).

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points.

Release Debut:

Story:

Lost In Time - March 10 to 14

• Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin) in placement rewards

Featured Event:

The Simulator - March 13 to 18

• Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin) as progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

Trial by Combat - March 10 to 14

• Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin) shards as a placement reward.

Elements of Style - March 13 to 16

• Rewards tokens to the Brave the Elements cover store.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first thought is good but not great.  The stuff she does is pretty useful (true heal, passive ap gen, 90% boost to SAP tiles, match damage boost etc), but she may be too complicated for it all to play well. You need to swap her green passive a lot and just generally babysit her, but I don't know if her ceiling is high enough to justify it.
  • LazyHex
    LazyHex Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Is the abilities listed an error as it stated lvl 70 followed by 270 instead of level 255, followed by 450 for a 5 star 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    For her Green passive, when you choose an element, does it stay that way for the rest of the battle? Or can you switch elements every time you cast her Green?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I'm very confused by the wording of the green power. First it says it deals 3684 damage to the enemy team, then has a special effect based on the element chosen. But the first thing it says under level 1 is more damage:

Level 1: 916 damage, Fire deals 532 on match, Earth improves SAP by 50%, Air creates 1 charged, Water restores 549 health (At Max: 3684 damage, Fire deals 2137 on match, Water restores 2207 health)

So does it do 3684 to the enemy team, then 916 to the target, then have the element's effect based on colors matched? Or is the damage done each time you trigger that element, so that it does 3684 to the enemy team, then if I choose fire every time I match Red it does 916 damage to target AND 532 permanent damage?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using 50 special tiles as a guide, her base damage boost will be 50*104= 5200. SC's max damage is 5360. She has the potential to deal more match damage but you can't put any critical tiles.

Her green AoE (6631 damage) is the most interesting power. Red match deals 3847 permanent damage; Green match improves SAP by 90%, Yellow match creates 3 charged tiles: Blue match restores 3973 health.

Her yellow heals for 3316, or 4419 for inhumans. She also has gain ap of whatever match-4 that enemy makes. 
    It seems to be a counter to SC or those cascade machines. Throw in Colossus and Elektra/Killmonger and you have a rainbow team to keep your ap lower than enemy's and to counter SC.

If you want to focus on match damage increment, Polaris is the only choice. There isn't anyone else better than Polaris for spamming SAP tiles. I think we might see more Polaris/BRB/Crystal in the shield sim in the future because they will be much faster than Polaris/BRB/Kitty. R4G/Polaris/Crystal is good too. And you would focus on Earth or Fire element with this team.

She will be a part of pick-3 meta team in shield sim. For her elemental power, there's a 50% chance of getting something good (red and blue), 25% chance of something risky (yellow) and 25% chance of something useful/useless (green but it depends on her teammates). 

Her powers are almost AI-proof. It's almost impossible for any of her element to be "wrong". And, there's only 1 build for her: 5/5/3.

She'll be part of the meta teams. There's no doubt about it.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way it is worded you cast choose an element then it does the damage portion. I'm guessing the thing will look something like 5* Deadpool black power.
  • Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Shouldn't the next Story after Lost In Time be a 4-day event, like Venom Bomb?

Lost In Time and Simulator are both 3-day events, which means Simulator would end on Wednesday instead of Thursday.

@LakeStone
    Can you please confirm the dates and event schedule after Lost In Time? Thank you!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like she's going to be a pain with Colossus. That yellow could be the first really legit healing power and it's a passive.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    How do you know it's true healing?  I like the green's versatility but red seems meh.  The bonus match damage seems like a hassle for what 4* do better.  Yellow's health seems too low to care much.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for catching my reading error. So, her base match damage is at most +624 damage. A far cry from 5200.  :D
    Her red is straightforward now. So, there's nothing much to talk about.
    The main weakness about her green power is that the more chosen colour you match, the fewer the chances of it triggering as time goes by.
    If you choose Earth, you must make sure there's only one SAP tile on the board to maximise the buff. Here's an illustration. Assuming 3 SAP vs 1 SAP on the board with 500 strength.
    If you buff each tile once with 3 SAP on the board, you get 500 * 3 * 1.9 = 2850 strength. If there's only one tile, it's 3429.5 strength, which is about 20% more. However, you need someone who can constantly fortify this special tile.

Ability type that will generally boost her elemental power: targeted colour fortification, board manipulation.
    For Fire, it's Apocalypse/Wanda/Okoye/Strike tiles

As for yellow, a rainbow team with cheap powers and strong deterrence will be ideal. She covers red/green; Colossus/Mr Sinister/Yellow Jacket blue/black; Elektra/Adam Warlock/Abigail purple/yellow.

For defensive team, Crystal + Colossus/Mr Sinister + Elektra/Abigail would be interesting to test out.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like this kit. She looks like she could be a good partner for a lot of different characters due to her green.
    She is certainly miles better than Abigail, and looks to be a complementary piece to a variety of teams and playstyles. She is not a team centerpiece but a lot of different characters could benefit from her.

It seems to be definitely true healing on the green, since it says restores health while her yellow says it gives a burst of health which is generally how the mechanics are written and understood.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    This looks as if Lost in Time is a three-day event and Simulator is a four-day event. Has Simulator ever been four days?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here’s my evaluation: in general, she’s versatile and upper-mid tier, like Sersi.  But her yellow passive is so defensive, she may make the top 10 most used characters.  Plus, her green power is cheap and can be exploited with the right team.  We have a real meta contender here! 

7 Red AP - Deal 9,383 and create 3 x 435 specials (Strike+Attack+Protect) 
    Cheap hit with OK damage, but the main purpose of this power is to put 3 special tile types on the board.  Someone else could do that though and other characters have better red powers.  This is useful but not great. 
    Red Passive - Increase her match dmg by 104 for each special tile type (max 6) 
    Helpful but not amazing; the main purpose of this power is to get her tanking most damage since she can heal herself with extra health bursts too
    6 Green AP - Deal 6,631 AOE and choose an element. 
    Cheap AOE with an amazing dmg-per-AP ratio.  Easily exploited with Apocalypse, Okoye, beefy strikes or a cost reducer.  People may want to play Electro just to deal with this cheap AOE.  
    Green Passive: 
    Fire - Deal 3,847 on your red matches
    Great for extra passive dmg, which can be increased.  Great with winfinites that involve red matches, like Shang.  
    Earth - Buff a friendly special by 90% on green matches
    This is limitless and can make the strongest specials we’ve ever seen! It’s almost doubling the strength each proc, but it doesn’t work as well with a ton of specials, like Polaris would make.  It would work best with a few fortified specials.  Heck, 1 fortified special would be increased exponentially.  There are a variety of ways to make fortified specials and flood the board with green.  
    Air - Create 3 charged tiles on yellow matches
    This is a niche power that works better in the 4* tier but there are some 5*s that want charged tiles.  Remember that charged tiles could also help the enemy team too.  
    Water - Heal her for 3,973 on blue matches
    This is conceptually good but bad in practice.  If she’s tanking because you have a variety of specials out, then it would be better to choose Earth instead of Water.  If she’s boosted (and thus tanking) then choosing water would be a defensive wall, but you should also have a blue user too, like BRB.  Remember that she’s also likely to do team health bursts, so this healing is extra.  
    Yellow Passive - when the enemy makes a match and has more AP than you in that color, burst heal the team for 3,316 plus 1,103 to Inhumans.  When the enemy makes a match-4 or greater, gain 1 AP of that color.  
    This will be very annoying on defense, especially against cascade happy teams like Shang & Onslaught.  It will be generally annoying against any team though because you typically collect more AP than your opponent.  It essentially negates normal match damage when she’s on defense.  It will be like fighting Medusa & Polaris with a ton of specials on the board.  On top of this, the enemy gains AP on your match-4s.  It’s not a lot, but it could add up, like BRBs AP generation.  
    On offense, this passive also helps, not as much though, but it will help.  The enemy team usually takes the leftover colors you’re not matching, thus triggering the health bursts.  If the enemy gets a lucky match-4+, your consolation prize is a little AP.  I think this power is underestimated.  
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally after SC a character really good for to be effectively meta.
    I love toolkits so versatiles and hers can be annoying on defense.

Her red is cheap and ok. Those are strong tiles and she deals damage.

Her green. Really cheap. My guess is that she can continue changing it. Deals 3684 AoE but at level 5 says 1282 damage. I will take that as a bonus damage.
    Red: with a damage multiplier and a character changing to red(sersi, mordok, cyclops,...) could be great.
    Green: a special tile improved by 90% is great if it is a strong tile. Not fast but great.
    Yellow: 3 charged tiles per match is great, if playing with a shuffler( or sersi)there will be a lot of charged tiles and AP to gain. It's the most useless passive for AI.
    Blue: she restores almost 4000 true heal. If playing with polaris she can end unscathed.

The sinergy with sersi is great but sadly they will compete for green, making it slower.

Yellow passive: it's friendly 3300 healing AoE, 4400 healing for her. Inside a highly defensive team that could be extra annoying, if she chose blue she could heal 8400 in her turn and foe. It's a respectable number.
    And, of course, firing powers and losing AP will activate it often.
    I think me passing on abigail was a great decision for to champ her and leveling her generously.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I guess she has synergy with black bolt and onslaught specifically.

BB because of the charged tiles and onslaught because he has blue and pink spenders and can make an invis tile.

Looking forward to using her and finding more teams for her to go on. Maybe she could be annoying with gedoom and sersi. Lots of ap stealings and healings there. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2022
    She can do a lot of different things but who knows if she'll reach the meta floor like some are saying. I wonder if her green, if she has to have the highest match damage on the team to gain the effect when making the match. If a teammate has higher red or green match damage, does that mean the red damage or green tile buffing doesn't occur ? Maybe I'm overthinking here I  dunno. 

Red is okish, it gets better or worse depending who's on your team and if you have a better red option. Wonder how good she'd be with Kitty, Ultron, who can boost her tiles or Polaris flooding the board. 

Green ability is versatile sure. I don't think I'd pick yellow for charged often. Blue maybe near end of a match to heal her up a bit other than that wouldn't pick blue often. Green is nice but only buffs one tile and as easy as they get matched or destroyed these days hard to say how useful it will be. Unless you try to build a team around tile creation and getting the most use from her green. But that seems like might be more trouble than it's worth and you could be better with other teams that are faster and dish out a lot more direct damage. The red damage component on matches if chosen is nice but still not sure how big of a deal or good that makes her overall. 

Yellow is interesting for a passive. Even at 3 covers around 2k burst team healing isn't terrible. When it goes off it helps negate match damage against you. When you face teams that chase other colors than what you're going for her healing could generate very often. She could be fun to use in tough challenge nodes with boosted 5Carnage, Medusa, or anyone who generates attack tiles to regain some health back. 

How versatile she'll be seems like it really depends on her teammates and maybe where you are in your roster development. If you have a better red ability on your team and care about keeping her match damage up then you'll have to delay using the better red to use hers and get 1 of each tile out. Especially if you have teammates that don't create tiles or only one type if they do since she gets match boost for each different type of tile. Her green ability to boost tiles is nice but its only one tile and seems like you'd have to build a team around that component to really make it worthwhile. The damage on red marches if red is chosen is nice but as with any color you pick, a bad board can really nullify her effectiveness. 

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    I'm a poetry nerd, and I'm just going to say right now I really appreciate the title of her red power:

Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I’ve tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

-Robert Frost "Fire and Ice"
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    For her Green passive, when you choose an element, does it stay that way for the rest of the battle? Or can you switch elements every time you cast her Green?
    From I understand, it just changes when it makes the match on the respective color, not choose that color with the active power.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    This looks as if Lost in Time is a three-day event and Simulator is a four-day event. Has Simulator ever been four days?
    In the 3 years I’ve played I don’t recall either being a 4 day event