**** Puck (Eugene Judd) ****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    His question is based on speed. If you are playing for speed, Puck doesn't offer much. Again, if speed is the main criteria, over 90% of the release are not worth using.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    His question is based on speed. If you are playing for speed, Puck doesn't offer much. Again, if speed is the main criteria, over 90% of the release are not worth using.

It's not just speed, I'd like not to wipe or be forced to use health packs after every battle. A big part of the reason speed matters so much is that it saves health packs because the faster you wipe the enemy team, the less chance the AI has of getting a lucky cascade into some match 5's and dropping some nuke powers on your team that requires health packs.

I really notice this when I step up to CL10 with my 4* roster. In CL8, I never come close to needing a health pack in any PvE (even simulator) with Polaris/Grocket. But in CL10, there is no way to kill tile movers before they get a few turns of matches (even when I swap Grocket for BrB and boost blue). If I get a board where I can't match blue/protects, I am almost guaranteed to need a health pack (or I retreat or wipe in a really bad cascade) or 2. The same obviously applies to all of PvP where you always face tile movers (virtually always boosted too).

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Healthpack regenerates every 36 minutes, and I find that 10 healthpacks is more than enough most of the time unless you are really unlucky, the pve is tough or the challenge node is tough. Even if you hit more than 10, you can draw from any of the triple 'S' vaults. In the past, I have seen players storing as many as over 600 Sweet/Savoury tokens each and I've also seen players with over 300 or 500 Spicy tokens. 

As for SCL 10, I have played using a varieties of 3*+4* teams when I wasn't playing for speed. And having deep 4* rosters will avoid using too much healthpacks because you spread out the usage.

At the end of the day, each player has their own criteria of judging whether new character releases are worthy of their time. I find that the more stringent your requirements are, the fewer choices you'll have, and that will generally lead to unhappiness with new releases. I don't think I will enjoy MPQ if I set strict critieria for all releases. Challenges in creating new teams are what makes MPQ fun for me. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now I have 1068 spicy tacos and 658 sweet/savoury with 659 stockpiled.
    I don't use many health packs on pve, and for CN I usually play SC and SW, usually on pvp I use them too.
    SW decreases A LOT health pack usage, and SC, well we already know him.
    There are defensive characters who can halt a lot health pack usage on 4* tier, melinda heals once per turn, blob takes the second match, lockjaw and rogue jump in front, medusa heals too.
    About the speed of a puck team, it's needed to try it. However I think he could be really useful on scl10 nodes for 4* tier, and I will try to record a vídeo when champing him (but equipping him a red match booster because I don't have a medusa dupe).
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    So the billion iso question still remains: is he a feeder?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Passives shaking board are hugely underrated.
    Thor provides AP, but his passive is not so good only for that. It shakes the board, destroying 5 tiles, provides cascades or good matches.
    Puck destroys 8 tiles. For to create strikes and for to stun there is polaris on the team. I want to try that. Obviously I'm a 5* player and I won't use that team. But honestly I think all of you are underrating his passive, and his green power, as it always happens when there aren't powers increasing damage for allies or just dealing a huge amount of damage. 
    Agree, but only for passive boardshake.  Demi consistently overvalued active boardshake powers; almost every one of them is weak (conversely, characters like half-thor with passive boardshake can be very very good).

My concerns with pucks boardshake are (1) you must eat damage to proc it, which is rarely worthwhile since MPQ requires grinding, and (2) destroying a full row is less good that destroying 8 random tiles since there are fewer new potential  matches created and thus fewer cascades.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    He feeds Colossus.
  • Bad
     BlackBoltRocks said:
    He feeds Colossus.
    Whoa! Big words here. Now puck will have a chance to show his potential
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    He feeds Colossus.

that's going to result in ~1000% increase in player interest in puck. . .
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I wonder if the next 4* will be U-Man and will synergize with Puck . Because I already have a team name picked out that would be perfect for most of you 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2022
    His red and green animations are funny to me. I also used 5* Deadpool against him in the 1v1 node and I find their animation interaction funny too when you make red matches. It's like Puck got two tries to outdo the loudness of Deadpool's roar.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many times did people have to try beating Amazing Hulk with Puck in the Training event?

I think I had to try six or seven times, and even then I only won using +100% match damage boosts, and had about 1200 health left at the end.  The saving grace was that the row destruction after Hulk used his Green caused some cascades that killed him off.

Especially with stuns turned off, this was not an easy 1-v-1 fight at all.
  • Aueio
    Aueio Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I got a feeling his green ability doesn't work, it's supposed to add damage if his spins make a match but I'm not seeing it.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2022
    How many times did people have to try beating Amazing Hulk with Puck in the Training event?

I think I had to try six or seven times, and even then I only won using +100% match damage boosts, and had about 1200 health left at the end.  The saving grace was that the row destruction after Hulk used his Green caused some cascades that killed him off.

Especially with stuns turned off, this was not an easy 1-v-1 fight at all.
    Lost the first time,  second time brought a 5 star Robbie Reyes ghost rider black team up and hit him with that. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Aueio said:
    I got a feeling his green ability doesn't work, it's supposed to add damage if his spins make a match but I'm not seeing it.
    I'm seeing this, too.  Maybe it only adds to the matches from the cascade, not from the matches made by the spins?
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Aueio said:
    I'm seeing this, too.  Maybe it only adds to the matches from the cascade, not from the matches made by the spins?
    I think Puck has to be tanking the colors that get matched for the damage to take place. 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Hate it when the match isn't winnable without Team Ups. Such a waste.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Shouldn't the icon match the tile? Am I confused about how this works?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2022
    It's not working in 1v1 but it's working in the 5* node. His green made a match-5, followed by 2 matches and one of the goons with ~50k hp was downed after that.

Important: He must be the one making matches to deal the additional damage.
  • Bad
    I wonder why they used the word "selected" on the green power. I thought at least you could select the row, having a 30% on being the move you wanted. But nope, you can't select anything and it's totally random all the power. That drops all the fun and potential on this power.
    Animations are fun.
    Playing in the game he only can be seen from his nose lol.