***** Gargantos (Multiverse of Madness) *****

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking good for beating my personal best of 9 five stars in a row skipped in 2020-21. Keep this run of average up please so I can get that horde even bigger for when you accidentally make two good ones out of three!

At this rate I will be going 550s.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Definitely is Shuma-Gorath, especially with Doc. Strange coming out next week.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like the green should be a repeater tile? Not a countdown tile since the black refers to the amounts more than one.

looks like a combination of Knull and Abigail.

Im not to impressed and this toon will have to run with a booster. Apoc will crowd out the board in longer matches. Okoye has a ton of better partners. I guess you could run Knull and 5witch for lols.

Im seeing another niche 3rd here.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His green is more like 5* GR's green in that it resolves and then recreates itself. Both are 1-turn cd tiles as well.

Another way to have fun is focusing on his black. Team him up with Eddie Brock or 4* Carnage and maybe Carbage, depending on the min strength needed. 4* tile strength  should be able to meet this 5*'s requirement easily. Throw in Carbage with Eddie Brock to ensure extra matches every turn and to ensure that are at least 6-8 enemy special tiles easily. If you don't like Carbage, you can insert whoever you want.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well I see a really annoying defensive character.
    Obviously the goal is to make him invisible, then he can turn the opponent totally miserable. Less AP means more time matching for getting it and more chances to take damage.
    The goal of the defensive player is to use a character providing him blue.
    In this new meta of annoying defensive battles,to call this one garbage is to be in serious peril of understate him.
    If SC dares to fight a team with Abigail and him possibly he won't get his 10 points or he will lose a lot of time trying to start another time.
    He will be gargantos and the special tiles could be eyes. Plus the invisibility, something sneaky.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m going to wait for the numbers. Permanent damage at this level could be interesting if we get another iHulk level character proliferating in the future.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find it better to estimate the numbers at average 5* strength, then evaluate their powers:  

Passive : Either drain 1 AP or deal 2,000 dmg.
                    When invisible, get 2 x CD tiles

8 Black : Reduce 1 or 2 enemy SAP then 
                   Destroy all enemy SAPs below 1,000
                   dealing 1,000 per tile destroyed

9 Blue : Go invisible for 3 turns and drain all 
                 Blue AP, dealing 1,500 per AP

Since the passive is chip dmg and only works early game, and the black power is situational, the blue power is the only power that does any big dmg, so I think the devs will make it above average.  (Plus @IceIX comment implies that)

So, passive dmg is always popular with Okoye.  Chip dmg is annoying, especially when boosted, so this can be a slight PVP deterrent, like Knull.  Draining 1 random AP is hardly noticeable, but you could combo with Abby to make it useful.  Combo with 5* Hawkeye, and you have a defensive PVP team.  It won’t stop Shang, but slower teams won’t like it.  

The Black power is situationally good, potentially destroying all enemy SAPs and dealing dmg.  If the threshold is high, this is useful, otherwise it’s a dead power.  

The Blue power is the real “meat” of the character and I’m expecting it to hit hard.  Going invisible is annoying on defense but not very useful on offense.  But going invisible increases the CD tile creation to 2, which can be exploited with Hawkeye.  Those 2 alone form a very good pick-2 combo, generating a ton of never ending red & blue AP.  Hawkeye can hit hard with Red while this guy hits hard with Blue.  Even in the AI hands it should do well.  Your 3rd to this team could be Knull, Coulson, Abby or even 4* Wasp.  

Overall, I like the potential with this character, especially with 5* Hawkeye.  To make it playable, the numbers need to be decent.  

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I wasn't sure with the wording how that works on the Green power. I took it as the original countdown tile goes off and then another one is made replacing the original.
    Because it seemed to me like the wording would have been replicates or "creates a copy" like it says for Ronan on his blue power.
    I see potential here anxious to see the numbers and test the mechanics.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Curious about that match perma-damage. If it can be meaningfully pumped by Sighclops/Colossus that might be fun.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bringing in Colossus means that he will tank blue and black over this character. Permanent match damage happens when Shuma(?) makes the match.
  • Bad
    Options
    As long as the character is alive, random will determine if the opponent loses an AP or health. Replicating on an adjacent tile means soon or later the opponent will lose a valuable AP.
    At the time he turns invisible he will always destroy AP. 
    3 special tiles destroying AP each turn is an important eyesore.
    And if he returns from invisibility is expected those special tiles to remain until matched or destroyed.
  • bbigler
    Options
    I should also comment on the permanent damage aspect of this character.  It is a useful, but situationally good power.  It’s only good against “healers” like Shang, Crystal, Yellowjacket, Abby, Medusa, etc.  Healers have lower than average health pools, so they need to heal, like Shang.  

But I don’t think this permanent damage will matter much unless this character is boosted to 550+.  Then Shang & Crystal get significantly and permanently hurt, which is a PvP deterrent, of course.  

• bbigler
    Options
    I also feel the need to point out that ALL POWERS THAT REMOVE SPECIALS ARE SITUATIONAL.  So it’s a weak argument to criticize this character by saying that 1 power is useless.  Would you also say that Mantis & Morbius are useless because they trigger on enemy specials? 

In case you haven’t noticed, there’s a lot of characters creating specials in this game.  
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I also feel the need to point out that ALL POWERS THAT REMOVE SPECIALS ARE SITUATIONAL.  So it’s a weak argument to criticize this character by saying that 1 power is useless.  Would you also say that Mantis & Morbius are useless because they trigger on enemy specials? 

In case you haven’t noticed, there’s a lot of characters creating specials in this game.  

That isn't true though. Just in the 5* class you have characters that have either/and or powers where it does something whether or not those tiles are on the board.
    Hela creates strike tiles and if the enemy has tiles it replaces them otherwise she creates them anyways.
    Abigail's blue repeater removes specials but also creates attack tiles.
    Daredevil purple removes special tiles but also stuns.
    Yellowjacket green does damage and removes SAPs.
    I also hold the abilities of a 5* character that is harder to obtain in a higher regard to 4* characters. Not to mention the fact that one ability cost 8 AP and the others mentioned are passive. Also Mantis and Morbius trigger on special tiles including repeaters/countdowns etc. whereas this one just triggers on SAP.
    Just my opinion but I see nothing wrong with criticizing a power that costs 8 AP that doesn't work against half the characters in their tier.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Curious about that match perma-damage. If it can be meaningfully pumped by Sighclops/Colossus that might be fun.
    Colossus only boosts his own match damage, so that won't help.  Cyclops's boost should increase the perma-damage.

Conversely, an enemy Colossus should decrease the perma-damage, since it's based on match damage.
  • Bad
    Options

Just my opinion but I see nothing wrong with criticizing a power that costs 8 AP that doesn't work against half the characters in their tier.

Even if it doesn't work against half the characters, it works against those being meta. And it crushes kitty and Polaris work, being able to destroy all the weak tiles remaining without a limit inside the threshold yet to reveal.
    Being Polaris meta queen in 4* and also 5* tier, this power could save the day more than one time, still it's needed to see the numbers. But it's expected if there are many "eyes" in board there would be a lot of damage.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was hoping the Dr Strange MOM(Multiverse of Madness) Movie tie in character was Wong. Wong is one of my favorite MCU characters and he shouldn't be relegated to just a support. But makes sense if its Shuma
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pair with Abigail Brand and Hawkeye.  AB will heal, Gargantuan will go invisible and do tons of damage and Hawkeye cans also do damage with red and generate Blue and Red AP.  

Black is only good for anti special tiles which could be good in PVE.