MPQ What's New May/June (Updated 5/31/22)

Options

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why are we doing Strange Sights again so soon is it because of the Doctor Strange movie?

Let's just lie and tell ourselves that yes it does.
    Surely it has nothing to do with the Crash of the Titans on auto-repeat and the lack of LLT rotation.
    Yeesh, the hamster spinning their server wheel must have fallen asleep. 😜
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes , Movie release and the new 5* Gargantua are why they are emphasizing Dr Strange in May 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This game is getting very stale......

Mediocre character releases don't help either....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like the fact that you always come back to the forum with the same stuff despite never actually dying! Consistency!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I like the fact that you always come back to the forum with the same stuff despite never actually dying! Consistency!
    Yeah. I envy so much dedication following his nick.
    Personally I can't keep being bad at all the times.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @IceIX who is the featured 5* for Operation Silk?
  • DyingLegend
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I'm boring and predictable much like the state of MPQ  :)
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Who would you like released that would put a pizzazz in the Marvel P Quest?

• DyingLegend
    edited May 2022
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

-----------------------
    I wouldn't say a character release would bring extreme joy at this point. I'm more in favor of reworks and match damage adjustments for old 5 Star characters. Although 4 star reworks don't really do anything for me personally.

One thing i think would revitalize the game is a reward structure change. I hate the fact that if you are a 5 star roster, you still get 250 ISO rewards and standard tokens from events. I think rewards should be based off roster strength and scale accordingly. Maybe the daily rewards need to be addressed, as you play for over, i don't know, 2500 days and you get singular hero token or 500 ISO. The last time i really got motivated to play is when milestones were released. I was able to finish a lot of 5 stars, build new teams etc.

I'm shocked we don't have a daily 4 star mission to earn either shards or covers for specific 4 stars. Granted the pool has become rather huge, so they could give you an option of a  few 4 stars on any given day to earn a cover for. Maybe a new event called 5 on 5 where every 5 days you have a mission ( hard mission) to earn either a 5 star cover or shards. I know the main way they make money is to slow the acquisition of 5 stars and 4 stars so when a special offer shows up your more likely to pay. I'm personally more likely to buy cosmetic items or invest in VIP and/or Monthly buy options.

I wish we had a 5 star only token as well, i think it's time for a 5 star only token or a more effective way to target 5 stars. The shard system is too slow IMO.

Lastly maybe bring back costumes but in a different capacity, as in they are earnable through in game events ( and can be purchased as well if the person doesn't want to grind an event for them) but the costumes could change the colors the character uses. So instead of using Red/ Blue and Yellow, a costume change could change the color scheme to Black / Green / Purple as a broad example.

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

-----------------------
    I wouldn't say a character release would bring extreme joy at this point. I'm more in favor of reworks and match damage adjustments for old 5 Star characters. Although 4 star reworks don't really do anything for me personally.

One thing i think would revitalize the game is a reward structure change. I hate the fact that if you are a 5 star roster, you still get 250 ISO rewards and standard tokens from events. I think rewards should be based off roster strength and scale accordingly. Maybe the daily rewards need to be addressed, as you play for over, i don't know, 2500 days and you get singular hero token or 500 ISO. The last time i really got motivated to play is when milestones were released. I was able to finish a lot of 5 stars, build new teams etc.

I'm shocked we don't have a daily 4 star mission to earn either shards or covers for specific 4 stars. Granted the pool has become rather huge, so they could give you an option of a  few 4 stars on any given day to earn a cover for. Maybe a new event called 5 on 5 where every 5 days you have a mission ( hard mission) to earn either a 5 star cover or shards. I know the main way they make money is to slow the acquisition of 5 stars and 4 stars so when a special offer shows up your more likely to pay. I'm personally more likely to buy cosmetic items or invest in VIP and/or Monthly buy options.

I wish we had a 5 star only token as well, i think it's time for a 5 star only token or a more effective way to target 5 stars. The shard system is too slow IMO.

Lastly maybe bring back costumes but in a different capacity, as in they are earnable through in game events ( and can be purchased as well if the person doesn't want to grind an event for them) but the costumes could change the colors the character uses. So instead of using Red/ Blue and Yellow, a costume change could change the color scheme to Black / Green / Purple as a broad example.

All these ideas are a selfish collection of ways to make the rich richer . If I was a dev I’d think “, tinykitty the 5* players , they’ve been here for years , they aren’t going anywhere no matter what we do.” I would focus on making it attractive to the new blood of incoming players . If I was just starting I’d want ways to be competitive faster. That’s what would keep me interested.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

-----------------------

Have you been happy with the 5* reworks we have had? Personally bar Phoenix I don't know if they have touched the sides.

I would not be adverse to other changes though - Season has a huge gap in the later stages for no reason I can think of reward wise and I agree it is pretty frustrating to receive standard tokens after many years playing. It would hardly kill to get 3* from PvP battle wins either and new content is always welcome.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

-----------------------

All these ideas are a selfish collection of ways to make the rich richer . If I was a dev I’d think “, tinykitty the 5* players , they’ve been here for years , they aren’t going anywhere no matter what we do.” I would focus on making it attractive to the new blood of incoming players . If I was just starting I’d want ways to be competitive faster. That’s what would keep me interested.
    I think it is unfair to label this as "selfish". Every player is at a different point in their journey (sorry don't mean to go all Ancient One) so it is unsurprising that different things are wanted.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    And I believe the good of the many exceeds the good of the one . I want the game to continue. I know MPQ has a suggestion box forum for player input but if you read them 99.9% of them are “it’s all about me and how to improve the game subjectively for my personal enjoyment “. I apologize for thinking of others too. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    And I believe the good of the many exceeds the good of the one . I want the game to continue. I know MPQ has a suggestion box forum for player input but if you read them 99.9% of them are “it’s all about me and how to improve the game subjectively for my personal enjoyment “. I apologize for thinking of others too. 
    But we don't know what the "many" want do we? So until the forum is invaded with 3* players flooding feedback we are stuck with a mostly 5* older player perspective. Maybe the Devs get the "many" feedback on other platforms? Dunno.
  • DyingLegend
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

-----------------------

I don't view it as being selfish, i view it as in respecting my time that i put into the game and respecting my veteran status for playing the game for 6 or 7 years. I play a handful of other mobile games that respect my time and investment into the game. Does it make me selfish that i want to strengthen my roster at a reasonable rate without spending hundreds of dollars? Probably, I'm not saying give it to me for free, I'm saying make me earn it by creating content that challenges my roster strength. I mean my thoughts on the costume changes was you could potentially create new meta teams and new combos by simply changing a few colors around. Now some characters that may not work well together in there current color combos, synergize better and could trip up some of the more meta teams.

Now to be competitive faster, that gets new player hooked into the game right, get them going in the right direction, get them invested etc. I've seen so many people start the game and immediately quit because it takes to long to build the teams they want. 

For a veteran player, maybe i want to have more options to earn Green Goblin because i wasn't lucky enough to fully cover him. Maybe i want other 5 stars so i can compete better during boosted events. It's not an unfair assessment of the game to state that earning older 5 star characters is almost impossible and earning them happens at a snails pace.

Injecting ideas in a forum setting and bouncing off ideas is part of healthy conversation and shows that people care about the game. Sure i start the conversation saying its boring, but elaborating my thoughts on why its boring may provide insight to the devs. The worst thing that happens is people don't bring up issues, don't suggest changes and just quit outright. Then the game people love dies off.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like other games, the reward structure is based on diminishing returns so that you progress fast in the beginning but slows down more and more until you’re crawling to get 550’s.  This structure accomplishes 3 things: 

1. New players can have fun progressing quickly in the game (to get them hooked)
    2. New players can catch up and compete with older players (to a degree)
    3. Older players still have a carrot to chase since it takes years to get 550’s.  You don’t want them to max out, get bored and quit.  

So, increasing rewards for older players would mess up #2 and #3.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait for MPQ to shutdown and you'll have every champed characters to play with (for a while). It won't take too long and it's more realistic. What you're expecting is the dev giving more free high level stuffs for "challenging" your roster. There's nothing challenging when the AI's winrate against us is ~10%. However, if the dev create a mode where the AI is a genius or it is as smart as a top player, or our winrate against the AI is ~10%, then I would call it challenging.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    But we don't know what the "many" want do we? So until the forum is invaded with 3* players flooding feedback we are stuck with a mostly 5* older player perspective. Maybe the Devs get the "many" feedback on other platforms? Dunno.
    It took me 2 years to champ my first meta 5*. 5 months later I started reading this forum (11 months ago). I really didn’t need forum help 1-4* .  I agree this forum is heavily skewed toward 5* veteran and therefore gameplay ideas will be biased as well . 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Thank goodness you're not a dev. The depths of self-entitlement and narrow-mindedness never cease to astound.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Deadpool Daily crash after The Punisher(MAX) is listed as Black Cat(Master Thief).  That is wrong.  She was the previous crash and is currently shown on the offers page.  I'm not quite sure who the correct crash opponent should be after The Punisher, but I'm pretty sure it should be Echo(Maya Lopez) assuming she met the conditions to qualify(being the featured 4* in two PVE events).  If Echo has not met the requirements, the crash opponent should be Spider-Man 2099(Miguel O'Hara).  
    Now that things seem to be back on track, Maya Lopez has met the conditions to qualify for the DDQ and will appear next after The Punisher.
    Is there a list of crash participants? I’d love to know who is coming up when.