No crystal reward shards before she's essential?

Natenatenate
Natenatenate Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
I thought the new 5* would get placement reward shards the event before they were essential.

Crystal is the 5e for the next event, TaT, but the reward shards is 5MK. I've always been able to use the reward shards to roster the new 5e right before they were essential. Now I have to use my LTs that I've hoarded since SC left LL. I thought the devs weren't going to do this because of the backlash of 5PX

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Several In my alliance including myself are in the same boat . Just the luck of the draw I could not pull a cover for her.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the April preview, it listed Moon Knight as the 5e, but they must have changed it to Crystal just before release because almost no one has Moon Knight.  I think that’s why we have this situation.  The timing got thrown off somehow.  
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    This has happened plenty of times before. There is no guarantee that you'll get enough shards to roster a new 5* before they're essential.

As for the backlash to 5* Prof X, that was a very different situation. He was featured as essential BEFORE he had entered Latests, and the only way to get him at the time was to spend HP / money to pull in his HP store. That's how he got his "Prof $" nickname.