***** Moon Knight (Avatar of Khonshu) *****

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if the black power will have 2 animations depending if the enemy is downed and attack tiles created, or if the enemy survives and enemy protect tiles created and MK gets self-damage. That would be really cool.
    Him creating enemy tiles could enable partners working with them but perhaps that would be a bold move.
    And there is the thing about his match damage. Or it's right and actually this character is so crazy as to have match damage on different colors than his powers? :o
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He will be useful in one of the Puzzle Ops where you have to match enemy protect tiles to deal damage. In the past, I used BRB/Polaris/Kingpin or Eddie Brock to do that. Now, it's much easier with him. Put him with Domino and that node will be a breeze.

His green feels like a potential counter to SC or winfinite teams, provided his cd doesn't get destroyed. I hope that they come up with a 5* who can destroy winfinite teams this year and put them in challenge node.

These are the potential teams i would try out:

1) Crystal/MK + defensive characters like Wanda/Odin/Elektra/Colossus/Mr Sinister/Iceman

2) Wanda/MK/Thor

3) Onslaught/Prof X for cascade shenanigans, which in turn will generate aps faster for him. Replacing Prof X with Big Wheel, Carbage or iHulk could work too.

4) 5* Black Panther and 5* Ghost Rider for thematic purpose

5) Polaris/BRB

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For those who want Crystal, at some point we'll have Brand/Elektra/Crystal or Moon Knight/Elektra/Crystal, depending when you decide to pull. 

Would you rather have Brand or Moon Knight and why ?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Completely agree with dianetics.  If I had to choose one, it would be Moon Knight.  I have Brand champ and can't see using her unless required.  Even boosted she brings nothing.  Maybe that will change but she is one of the worst 5*s in a long time, and that is saying something.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally I won't let pass AB because I believe in her defensive potential. I'm already seeing her on SIM.
    However MK is kind of unique too and I will champ him but i think he will be more ofensive than defensive on 5* tier. 
    So possibly I will pull for him just on his last time.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It depends on your playstyle. Both Crystal and Abigail have team heals that work differently: one via cd/repeater and the other via match/ap.

If you're not a champ it all player,you can wait for Crystal/Moon Knight/???. I think ??? could be evil Dr Strange since the next 5* release happens after MoM is released.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It depends on your playstyle. Both Crystal and Abigail have team heals that work differently: one via cd/repeater and the other via match/ap.

If you're not a champ it all player,you can wait for Crystal/Moon Knight/???. I think ??? could be evil Dr Strange since the next 5* release happens after MoM is released.
    You spelled "Gargantos (Shuma Gorath)" wrong there for the DS2 tie in
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Sadly, I think they will make him a 4*. Most of the "monster-like" characters are in 4* land. My examples of "monster-like" characters are Lizard, Loki and Devil Dino. 
    Shuma Gorath is one of the characters that I want to see in the game though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it would be bananas for the Dr STrange 2 tie in to be that character, but I would love it if he were a 5*. 
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2022
    Options
    This brings us memories of using / facing 4* Moon Knight and truly being concerned of the random Green expensive nuke. That being said, we also remember Black keeping us in the PVP fight with true heal. Bringing it to level 5 meant no penalty. 

If we are not mistaken, the same could be true of 5* Moon Knight... The Level 5 does not include the penalty. It merely has the copy / paste parenthesis of level 4. If this is true, then Black offers more versatility. Even if what is in the parenthesis is intentional, the listed penalty for a 31k punch is minor (and the residual enemy protects can be flip fodder)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sadly, I think they will make him a 4*. Most of the "monster-like" characters are in 4* land. My examples of "monster-like" characters are Lizard, Loki and Devil Dino. 
    Shuma Gorath is one of the characters that I want to see in the game though.
    I would like to see a new PVE boss battle with Shuma Gorath, and then add him as a playable 5*
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    it would be bananas for the Dr STrange 2 tie in to be that character, but I would love it if he were a 5*. 
    It could be Patrick Stewart as not Professor X.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    You know... I was kinda thinking lately that it would be interesting if we can get a character that redirects damage back. Kinda like Mirror Force (though that doesn't redirects damage) in Yu Gi Oh. More accurate one will be Magical Cylinder. xD
    Though to be fair I was thinking of Shang Chi. I mean, he is currently the highest dmg dealer by a lot. A LOT. Just so you know, I'm barely in 4 star land, so I'm just watching videos.
    Well... on one Youtube video I remember that he took out a boosted, full health Apoc who had 96k health in one critical match. Sure, Shang was having his 10 combo points + purple ability but 96k??? Just how much is his actual damage as number?!
    That got me thinking - we have Galactus as event where his black ability does 1 000 000 dmg. Does Shang comes close? If so, then no character could stand him because devs would have to make a character with 1 mil. health. Which is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.
    So how about redirecting it as I mentioned in Yu Gi Oh. And what a surprise to see a new character that does exactly that. xD Though I won't be able to use him for a long, long time till I get to that land... xD
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The in-game description also does not mention whether the green's destroyed tiles do damage or generate AP. Can anyone comment when this gets tested? 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Knull can redirect 33% damage dealt by the chosen enemy back to a random-non target enemy with his 9 purple ap active power. This damage can be boosted by your strike tiles. If you're talking about passive power that does that, we don't have one yet.

SC can already deal more than 1 million damage with the right setup but it's an overkill.

A 450 SC with 3/5/5 at 10 combo points deals (5360+992)*3*4.5 = 72360 for a crit red match-3

If he's making a crit charged red match-3, it's ((5360+992)*3*2+(5350+992))*4.5 = 200, 043 damage.

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So what you are saying is that we can look forward to a rework in a couple years to lower his AP cost and raise his health and match damage.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So what you are saying is that we can look forward to a rework in a couple years to lower his AP cost and raise his health and match damage.
    I hope not . The game is a MATCH 3. That’s the concept of winning, not firing powers as fast as possible to short cut wins.  There are plenty of other Marvel Games where you can use powers without playing Match 3, I presume. These 5 star characters should have 12-14 AP costs for the amount of damage they do. They’ve ruined MPQ over the past few years by catering to speed fanboys . 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I hope not . The game is a MATCH 3. That’s the concept of winning, not firing powers as fast as possible to short cut wins.  There are plenty of other Marvel Games where you can use powers without playing Match 3, I presume. These 5 star characters should have 12-14 AP costs for the amount of damage they do. They’ve ruined MPQ over the past few years by catering to speed fanboys . 

I wouldn't even say its a matter of just speed. Its passives.

When characters exist that have powers that activate every turn for free that are just as powerful as others that cost 10+ its a no brainer as to which ones are gonna get used and which ones are gonna ride the bench in PVP.

It is very hard to beat a team of BRB/Kitty if I'm taking 3+ turns to fire off trap tiles and then wait more turns for them to go off.

That is why so many people will say new characters are Meh. Because the bar is can they beat teams A/B/C in PVP.

I'm sure plenty of people would love to play the game in a traditional match 3 fashion. But the PVP game being dominated by the same teams has forced their hand.

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options

I wouldn't even say its a matter of just speed. Its passives.

When characters exist that have powers that activate every turn for free that are just as powerful as others that cost 10+ its a no brainer as to which ones are gonna get used and which ones are gonna ride the bench in PVP.

It is very hard to beat a team of BRB/Kitty if I'm taking 3+ turns to fire off trap tiles and then wait more turns for them to go off.

That is why so many people will say new characters are Meh. Because the bar is can they beat teams A/B/C in PVP.

I'm sure plenty of people would love to play the game in a traditional match 3 fashion. But the PVP game being dominated by the same teams has forced their hand.

PvP is a distant second to why players play . For most it’s an event played less than an hour every 60 hours . No one comes here for that . But you are correct that players mostly want passive powers doing damage as meta .