Matrimonium Matching Hickups [Fixed]

Fliggl
Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
While playing the bottom node (the vampire node) I was matched against Lolth.

This shouldn't be possible, since the nodes are matched against each other and the top one is blue/white/green.

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    Let me tell you an even better story... the matchmaking in this entire event is messed up. Not only are fights between both bottom and top nodes (e.g. if you are playing on the bottom node, you can face decks from both nodes), but also the level of your opponent varies. I used two level 60 walkers and sometimes I was matched to a lower level opponent. The lowest one I was matched against was level 36. AND... that's not all. As a platinum player, I was also matched to a Silver player once. AND... that's still not all. One of our gold players reported that he had to face platinum players too. So the reverse is also true.

@Oktagon_Support: We've seen the same behavior during the first iteration of this event. Please fix this before you run this event the next time. Thanks a lot!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support you have this scheduled to run this upcoming weekend. 
    Hello guys,
    The team informed me that the issue with matchmaking in the Matrimonium event has now been fixed and that's why it is scheduled for this weekend 😊
    Rebeca
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Hello guys,
    The team informed me that the issue with matchmaking in the Matrimonium event has now been fixed and that's why it is scheduled for this weekend 😊
    Rebeca
    thanks again for all your hard work.   I didn't see it mentioned any where as fixed.  so I much appreciate the quick answer
  • Taranis
    Taranis Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Of cause it is not fixed, @octagon_support ! How can I get my secondarys if my opponent is L30 and I am L60?
  • Uiriam
    Uiriam Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    First match bottom node, even though I'm Platinum I've been paired with someone way lower than that
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    This is issue is clearly NOT fixed at all. My next match is against a level 49 Planeswalker from a Bronze player while I'm in Platinum using a level 60 Planeswalker 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taranis said:
    Of cause it is not fixed, @octagon_support ! How can I get my secondarys if my opponent is L30 and I am L60?
    Why wouldn’t you be able to hit your secondaries on this event? None of them are based on the opponent doing anything, right?
  • Taranis
    Taranis Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    jtwood said:
    Taranis said:
    Why wouldn’t you be able to hit your secondaries on this event? None of them are based on the opponent doing anything, right?
    Because the opponent had much lesser live, that means he is sooner defeated.  The shuffler didn't work always, so it's pure luck if you draw your creatures, even if you have 4 or 5 in your deck. That's mean you need to make the game as long till you hit the secondarys. But in Pq creatures auto Attack. Do you get my point or should I explain further?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taranis said:
    jtwood said:
    Taranis said:
    Because the opponent had much lesser live, that means he is sooner defeated.  The shuffler didn't work always, so it's pure luck if you draw your creatures, even if you have 4 or 5 in your deck. That's mean you need to make the game as long till you hit the secondarys. But in Pq creatures auto Attack. Do you get my point or should I explain further?
    Makes sense. I almost always pack stuff to destroy my own creatures in coalition events, but I can see how the shorter “timer” would make things a little more RNG-dependent in this scenario. 
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Another one on the very last recharge so no one can say that it only happens because "not enough players have joined the event yet".
  • fox1342_2
    fox1342_2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Many of the decks didn't seem to be Event decks at all. Not sure if that's a bug or lazy players? 
    Hello everyone,
    I'm sorry this issue keeps happening :'( , I've already sent your feedback to the team and they will look into it again. Thanks for letting me know!
    Rebeca.