***** Abigail Brand (Commander of S.W.O.R.D.) *****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    There are currently no single repeaters worth triggering immediately for a price that high. If you consider that it takes 2x turns to gather the AP fire this one, then two more turns for it to burn down to 0, we are talking about a minimum of 4 turns to get a random single repeater to go off. Currently the longest repeater takes what, 3 turns to proc? You are better off gathering AP to add another repeater so they fire in tandem.  I wonder if a bad interaction with Wanda’s repeater is why this doesn’t proc immediately? Like if you fire it, and her repeater has no charges, that is a feels bad. 

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel the best use of her Yellow is to forget about the active part. Bring it along solely for its passive, because once you get going, it will trigger on average every other turn (or every turn if you use Abigail with Wanda).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    The dev seems to value repeaters highly and it's probably due to an average reduced ap cost until the end of the match.  So, that explains what I think would be a higher ap cost for immediate activation. Sometimes, that extra early trigger can save your team from eating a nuke.

But as of now, it's better not to focus on her active yellow power because it is random and most importantly, it doesn't exclude Brand Loyalty cd from getting processed by another Brand Loyalty cd,  based on the current wording. If we can spam her yellow without having to worry about that matter, I think she can be worth teaming with Electro and another third against Juggernaut or iHulkoye to spam her cd.

From 4* level and below point of view, that team healing can be easily triggered with the likes of Hulk or Deadpool against Juggernaut or R4G/Polaris etc.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran her with Apoc and 4* Torch. It is OK but I don't think I will chase her. And as mentioned before the space station power just makes me sad.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Is her best partner Sentry? He makes the most countdowns at once iirc. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022

With that being said, are there other teams being used with Abigail? 
    I have been crushing BRB/Polaris with Apocalypse and Mantis in her PvP. I haven’t even been able to get to fire Apoc’s yellow out but still.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think it's because Mantis is stunning the team with her passive?
  • Sekilicious
    edited January 2022
    I think it's because Mantis is stunning the team with her passive?
    Yes though Brand heals and Apoc would be better at boosting if I bothered to bring yellow ap. Mantis can also damage stunned opponents which is great when boosted. Brand does some good things with Kitty and Polaris as well. She likes to remove Kitty’s red and BRB’s blue countdown so that is awful. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Bringing +4 yellow ap boost will speed up the process by 2 turns. So, Apocalypse can trigger those heals more often.

I was playing against Kitty and while she was overriding my tiles, her Abigail also healed the team. A champed Abigail will heal for about 50% of the strongest match-3. 

So characters like Mantis, Kitty, etc are excellent with Abigail to trigger her team heal easily. I guess it's good for those healthpack-conscious?
  • Sekilicious
    Bringing +4 yellow ap boost will speed up the process by 2 turns. So, Apocalypse can trigger those heals more often.

I was playing against Kitty and while she was overriding my tiles, her Abigail also healed the team. A champed Abigail will heal for about 50% of the strongest match-3. 

So characters like Mantis, Kitty, etc are excellent with Abigail to trigger her team heal easily. I guess it's good for those healthpack-conscious?
    Yeah Kitty’s red isn’t all that great so who cares. It is more of a deal breaker with BRB, but it is awesome when the opponent does it. Her and Mantis have mitigated a couple Clash of the Worthys on Apoc so that was nice. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,382 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s ok for them but not that great since it is burst healing.
    Trying to find good pairs for her is difficult because you want repeaters to tick often but you also want long repeaters to get eaten and fire sooner. It just seems counter intuitive. I’m still convinced Ronin is her best partner, but I could also be totally wrong. He makes up for her lack of damage and wants to fill the board with repeaters and if one goes off soon it is a bonus.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think her yellow repeater is just another way to heal more.
    Abigail is quite annoying fighting SC, I've lost many battles because she runs out the precious red AP.
    On the other hand SC when he restores turns his "green " health healed by abigail into normal red health. 
    I'm a big sersi fan, if I skip abigail I can't level her more, same with BW. So I will pull for her.
  • HoundofShadow
    Kitty's red is great against AoE, like Juggernaut or iHulk.  I remember using Kitty's red against Juggernaut as a 4* players. 9 attack tiles were created per match by Juggernaut, and he can't reduce damage from attack tiles. It was also great against iHulk because  she can potentially turn basic green tiles to special green tiles. Nowadays, since Wanda's release, there's not much opportunity to use her red, unless you want to trade damage with Wanda.

Her best partners are those who can create 1 turn cd or or 1 turn repeater easily. I think there are quite a number of options out there. I'm looking forward to testing her next month and see if there are any new experiences out in shield sim.
  • Sekilicious
    Kitty's red is great against AoE, like Juggernaut or iHulk.  I remember using Kitty's red against Juggernaut as a 4* players. 9 attack tiles were created per match by Juggernaut, and he can't reduce damage from attack tiles. It was also great against iHulk because  she can potentially turn basic green tiles to special green tiles. Nowadays, since Wanda's release, there's not much opportunity to use her red, unless you want to trade damage with Wanda.

Her best partners are those who can create 1 turn cd or or 1 turn repeater easily. I think there are quite a number of options out there. I'm looking forward to testing her next month and see if there are any new experiences out in shield sim.
    Yeah, I've done the same. I just have a special hate for attack tiles so am completely biased. Mostly because I never need more than one and end up wishing the rest were strikes. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran her with Apocalypse, and I will say that isn't a very safe team to bring on a shield hop because of how long it takes to resolve all the CD shenanigans. She could possibly be a somewhat effective piece of a troll team along the lines of the old Medusa + Carnage + Reed team. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

Kitty's red can be absolutely brutal and quickly get out of check in the right circumstances.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    When Kitty is boosted, her red is probably the best counter to SW.  Even when she's not boosted, it's a decent choice. 

There is no alternative to "trading" damage with SW -- if you're fighting her, you're eating her damage every single turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think I used the wrong word. Trade blow is probably more accurate.

A few pvps ago, I was playing against Kitty/BRB/Polaris with Wanda/Colossus/??, Kitty managed to fire her red thanks to lucky cascades. From there onwards, Wanda was activating Kitty's attack tiles every turn, and Colossus was eating big damage with each passing turn. So, Wanda and Kitty were trading blows. Attack tiles continue to be the Achilles' heel of characters like Colossus and Juggernaut etc.

That probably explains why Abigail creates attack tiles. Heal and bypass damage reduction with attack tiles.  :o
  • entrailbucket
    Kitty only works because she creates then buffs all those attack tiles.  SW passive means that just by existing, she reduces all attack tile strength by 40% at minimum, and often by 80%. 

Once Kitty runs her tiles up to like 100,000 or whatever, they actually become useful.  Abigail's attack tiles are not useful unless you bring Kitty.
  • entrailbucket
    How is assessing abilities and ranking characters not about actual gameplay?