What's New MPQ - Updated 12/28/21

Options

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheXMan said:
    I am curious...how did you get to this looking for monster trucks?
    In this case, it was a work avoidance rabbit hole. Something about big wheels. I figured this was especially unlikely, especially with Spooder-Man being released in December. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The “other” most famous monster truck has to be Grave Digger. Whose mutant death factor means they are keeping grave diggers in business? Omega Red.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This clue is too difficult to guess. If I google the entire phrase, it's been used with other phrases like:

Who needs monster trucks when you've got Unimogs ! 
    Who needs monster trucks when you have motocross coming to town? 
    Who Needs Monster Trucks When There Is OSI 74! 
    Who needs Monster Trucks when you have a monster tricycle?!

Do you we have something similar in comics or movies?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wait for someone who already knows the answer to show up and make a "guess."
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Big Wheel seems to be the popular guess around in the forums. It does make sense 
    Who needs monster trucks when you have Big Wheel? I can see the logical link now. However, when I went to look at his abilities:

Jackson Weele has no superpowers, and instead derives his strength by driving a large, metal wheel which is equipped with guns and waldo-arms.

He reminds me of MODOK. 5* MODOK I
    Incarnation coming to 5* land?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wait for someone who already knows the answer to show up and make a "guess."
    It would be better if they just didn’t offer a clue and just posted the powers with no names. The clue gives people an in to make some obscure guess or link and ruin it for those that don’t want to know. People just cannot help themselves. As usual within a page someone has been super smart!
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Big Wheel seems to be the popular guess around in the forums. It does make sense 
    Who needs monster trucks when you have Big Wheel? I can see the logical link now. However, when I went to look at his abilities:

Jackson Weele has no superpowers, and instead derives his strength by driving a large, metal wheel which is equipped with guns and waldo-arms.

He reminds me of MODOK. 5* MODOK I
    Incarnation coming to 5* land?
    Are we due for a 5* limited character? I thought Wasp was enough. 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Transformers are monster trucks. One of the last movies in the Transformers universe was Bumblebee, starring Hailee Steinfeld. She also plays Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series so I predict a 5* Kate Bishop.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    It would be better if they just didn’t offer a clue and just posted the powers with no names. The clue gives people an in to make some obscure guess or link and ruin it for those that don’t want to know. People just cannot help themselves. As usual within a page someone has been super smart!

Wait...you are saying that Big Wheel might be correct?!??!?!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t even know what to think about that if it’s true lol
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Tony_Foot said:

If BW is correct, I need to say that I’m not on Line before I get banned. I am a blind squirrel looking for nuts. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I went to read up Big Wheel's bio in wikipedia and I find it difficult to take him seriously. Will he be our first limited 5* if it's really him?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Tony_Foot said:

We're clearly in the land of Anything Goes at this point.
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    I went to read up Big Wheel's bio in wikipedia and I find it difficult to take him seriously. Will he be our first limited 5* if it's really him?
    Hopefully meta. I would love to see the reaction. 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In Agents of Shield Sarge went around in a big truck hunting monsters. As Sarge was a sort of Coulson variant maybe it’s him.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    Options
    In Spider-Man (2nd Movie) The Big Wheel (Ferris Wheel) had Ned in it. Hobgoblin as a 5 Star? Or 5 Star Mysterio?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In Spider-Man (2nd Movie) The Big Wheel (Ferris Wheel) had Ned in it. Hobgoblin as a 5 Star? Or 5 Star Mysterio?
    5-star Spider-Man (Night Monkey)
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    wymtime said:
    is there’s this season going to be a normal season or is there something special?  We just had a shortened season instead of a regular one?
    We will be having another holiday season but this offseason is an extended offseason so the next season will start on December 9th (not this week).
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    wymtime said:
    is there’s this season going to be a normal season or is there something special?  We just had a shortened season instead of a regular one?
    We will be having another holiday season but this offseason is an extended offseason so the next season will start on December 9th (not this week).

Out of curiosity, why didn't our last season go for another week then? When SIM is unavailable it makes it a lot more annoying to hit those possible daily quest PVP requirements (sometimes necessitating the choice between joining a pvp earlier than wanted or purchasing from the resource store). I don't understand how ya'll are able to keep character releases on a proper schedule but everything else is a struggle.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was looking at alliance rewards for Operation Spider Silk and I noticed that top 250 alliances get 175 shards for Echo but top 500 alliances get 200 shards for Echo. Is that right? You get less shards for better placement?!