Bloodthirsty Adversary Incorrect buff

In the card bloodthirsty Adversary, once you drain mana, it should get a buff based on its new level. However, it appears that the buff is only the number of levels that it gained that turn, rather than the accumulated level. 

So if I have a level 20 adversary on the board at 22/22 then cast a second one, which drains 6 mana. The buff will only be +6/+6 instead of +26/+26 even though it’s new level is now 26. 

Comments

• TremayneTremayne Posts: 1,355 Chairperson of the Boards
    And this is a paid mythic, right?

So happy I didn’t spend real money on a dud.

@Oktagon_Support - I would urge you to perform extra thorough QC on paid exclusive mythics. Otherwise, you shoot yourself in the foot.
  • KrizzBKrizzB Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited 24 November 2021, 13:16
    Only the black adversary takes current level into account when making more zombies, all the other adversaries only buff the drained amount each time and ignoring the current level of the card.

Even though they all explicitly state that the buff should be current level after draining and not currently drained amount.
    @KrizzB - After a quick test of Intrepid Adversary, I’ll say it works just fine.

I tested it with Kalemne (good for testing creatures, because she can pull the intrepid with her first). My other creature got plus 34 as expected from the various bonuses.

haven’t tried testing the other Adversaries, since they are underwhelming.
  • KrizzBKrizzB Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    @Tremayne so on the second cast of Intrepid Adversary you got the previous level + current mana drained as a buff?

Because that's what the issue here is about.
    edited 25 November 2021, 13:45
    Yes, that is exactly what I tested and my first cast resulted in lvl 17 and the second made it lvl24. The other creature got the correct updated power.

I can redo the test.

edit - redid the test and it worked as expected. All the buffs added up to the expected total. First lvl was 19 and second was 27 plus the added buff from Kalemne’s first ability (I had 7 in exp) plus 2 times +2 from a spell and finally plus the creatures starting power of 5. 

I expected a 43 and that is what my creature had. So are there other criteria to keep in mind? Perhaps my many buffs courses a recalculation, which doesn’t occur when there are no other buffs than Intrepid Adversary on the battlefield.