Inscription of Abundance stops working [Can't Reproduce]

Pirhotek
Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
I have been playing Inscription of Abundance in a Kasmina, Enigma Sage deck and find it often stops working at some point in the game. It will give zero buff, zero life and if you kick it (which you still get offered to do) it will not fight.  I don't see any pattern to what triggers this happening but once it stops working, every cast of it after it will also not work -- it never starts working again.
I have not seen it yet with any other PW but have not heavily played it anywhere else.
In the Kasmina deck other key cards I am playing are Gnawbone, Sorcerer's Broom and Shimmer Dragon

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello @Pirhotek ,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me.

Rebeca.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Pirhotek said:
    I have been playing Inscription of Abundance in a Kasmina, Enigma Sage deck and find it often stops working at some point in the game. It will give zero buff, zero life and if you kick it (which you still get offered to do) it will not fight.  I don't see any pattern to what triggers this happening but once it stops working, every cast of it after it will also not work -- it never starts working again.
    I have not seen it yet with any other PW but have not heavily played it anywhere else.
    In the Kasmina deck other key cards I am playing are Gnawbone, Sorcerer's Broom and Shimmer Dragon

couple quick questions.
    just because I use it often with no issues is it the only card in your hand when cast.
    do you often play it without it being kicked??
    amd if you try to kick is the card being drained one that can' be??
  • Pirhotek
    Once it stops working, it fails whether I do the kicker part or not
    And if I do kick it, it still does the drain without doing the additional +3/+3 and fight
    Also I don't think I have ever cast it when it is the only card in my hand

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happened to me twice this evening, in two different deck while playing ZE Turntimber. 

Once with Domri. I cast it unkicked and gained 0 life, twice. Two games later I cast it kicked with Kasmina and received no life and it did not fight my opponent's creature. 

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

To help us, please provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing. All information is important to help our team.

Thank you,
    Rebeca. 

• Pirhotek
    Still happened to me just today on the Zendikar event green node with the kicker objective using Kasima PW.    I cast it on a Sphinx of Lost Truths.  It just did nothing, still asked for kicker though.
    This does seem random.   But again, once it stops working in a game it is bugged for the whole rest of the game.
    One theory maybe it stops working it it is every itself drained of mana for kicker.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    @Oktagon_Support

It happened to me again. Same--ZE Halimar, green node, with Kasmina. 

I've uploaded a video that contains the entirety of the Battle Log to that point. You can see where Inscription fires and gives me 0 life. 

The link can be found HERE

Hopefully that will help you identify the issue (or reproduce it since you have a step-by-step rundown).

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated again!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me.

Rebeca.

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

To help us, please provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing. All information is important to help our team.

Thank you,
    Rebeca.