OKTAGON Q&A Session - October 2021 *UPDATE 11/10/2021

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,276 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion

ANSWERS

1. Is there a difference between loosing life and taking damage? And cagoule you add the definition to the gallery of evergreens/abilities/keywords
    Answer: Yes. In MPQ, taking damage refers to effects that specifically mention damage, while losing life refers to effects that specifically mention losing life. This is designed this way to avoid undesirable interactions between some color related strategies.

2. Hello, some time ago you mentioned a potential to see a draft format in puzzle quest.  Is this still in the works?  Will we see a draft format in the future?  Thanks!
    Answer: The Game Design team has already come up with some ideas for this and we feel that the community would support this format, too. Taking the opportunity here and answer with a question: What would be most exciting for you about this format?

3. When should we expect filter to be added to the interface to only show cards in current standard set. Just one check box to add extra please, will save players heaps of time.
     Answer: The development of this feature is already on our radar. Thank you for sharing this interest.

4. XP/level and matchmaking. Is the changed XP system fully implemented and have you redone the matchmaking system based upon players level as you alluded to a few years back?
    Answer: Thank you for your interest in this! We already have something under development regarding this matter.

5. Is the Ward mechanic performing how you expected it to? How did you expect it to perform? Is it working like you intended? Is it being widely played? It kinda does nothing... and it looks like you're going to keep making Ward cards going forwards!
    Answer: It's working as intended. Ward is more of a passive mechanic that triggers according to the match's status. We will keep designing cards with Ward and we are aware of its utility, which is why cards always have more than one effect, according to their rarity.

6. Right now average price of puling all rare vanguards is roughly equal to the price of non-duplicate mythic vanguards. If you're unlucky, since it's a gambling proposition, you might spend even more, much more. And everyone knows about it. The most expensive currency is created almost exclusively to pull vanguards. Gambling with it, is a deeply negative experience. Like many players asked before, here is the question. Are there any plans to change gambling with rare vanguards, to a reasonable, maybe slightly more expensive, non-duplicate form?
    Answer: Thank you very much for bringing this up. The team is aware of this discussion, but there are no concrete plans about how a new product and price could look like for this particular Card type and Card rarity.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone,

How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by October 24th, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Documenting my question(s)

Is there a difference between loosing life and taking damage? And can you add the definition to the gallery of evergreens/abilities/keywords

XP/level and matchmaking. Is the changed XP system fully implemented and have you redone the matchmaking system based upon players level as you alluded to a few years back?
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    What's the point of the Q&A sessions if the questions I ask are not being answered? Even my question of where to find the answers has not been answered...  :/
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Schmara said:
    Machine said:
    What's the point of the Q&A sessions if the questions I ask are not being answered? Even my question of where to find the answers has not been answered...  :/
    I have also been looking for the answers to previous months’ questions and can’t seem to find them. 

Am I missing something simple?
    they edit the post asking for questions by adding the questions and answers. It can be very easy to miss.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    @critman - thank you for your interest. I think that your suggestion makes sense, but due to recent confusion about the loss-of-life/damage questions in the bug section, I thought it wise to get another of the basics of MTGPQ squared away.
  • TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Machine said:
    Dear Rebecca | Community Managers, what Machine says is exactly right. I have also asked multiple questions to which we haven't seen answers, not even a "no comment" or "we can't answer that". Please look into answering any outstanding question before opening up a new QnA
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    edited October 2021
    Hey guys,

The answers to the questions of each month are published in the thread for that month. For example, I open a new thread at beginning of every month, around the 1st. Then at the end of the month, around the 25th, I send the questions posted until that day to the team. They usually need a period of two weeks to respond (which may vary according to work demands), but as soon as I have the answers I post them in the same thread I created at the beginning of the month, just editing the post. So the answers for the month of September are at the OKTAGON Q&A Session - September 2021, even if I post them when we're already in October. 

Regarding questions that are not answered by our team, unfortunately, there are certain questions that we are not allowed to answer, I understand this can be frustrating and we apologize.
    I hope that even though you're enjoying the Q&A Sessions and that this doesn't stop you from continuing to send us your questions, we'll always do our best to get them answered! 🥰

Rebeca.

• Machine
    Are there any plans on changing how players can aquire rare vanguards in a more user friendly way? With the current setup, we have to "gamble" for rare vanguards which often results in dupes and therefore a loss of end game currency. I would prefer to have some kind of guarantee nondupe option for rare vanguards as well. Maybe up the price a bit and get rid of the slim chance of getting a mythic vanguard.
  • JinQuiet
    JinQuiet Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Right now average price of puling all rare vanguards is roughly equal to the price of non-duplicate mythic vanguards.
    If you're unlucky, since it's a gambling proposition, you might spend even more, much more.
    And everyone knows about it.

The most expensive currency is created almost exclusively to pull vanguards.
    Gambling with it, is a deeply negative experience.

Like many players asked before, here is the question. Are there any plans to change gambling with rare vanguards to a reasonable, maybe slightly more expensive, non-duplicate form?
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Machine said:
    Are there any plans on changing how players can aquire rare vanguards in a more user friendly way? With the current setup, we have to "gamble" for rare vanguards which often results in dupes and therefore a loss of end game currency. I would prefer to have some kind of guarantee nondupe option for rare vanguards as well. Maybe up the price a bit and get rid of the slim chance of getting a mythic vanguard.
    But that's how they make them dolla bills. Put the BEST card (teferi)   in the hardest card pool to obtain. Make it's drop % super low and watch people spend real cash trying to get it.  I've seen talks of people  trying 12+ tines to get it. There is NO WAY they got that many  pinks without forking over actual cash.

It's a great marketing move.... but I agree super ultra frustrating. I bet if they just had a singles store, like  for 50$ you get  a teferi  vanguard,  people would buy it. It would be just like paper magic then! Lol
  • Machine
    So... Where are the answers for the October questions?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    [MOD MIC] Closing- please post questions on the November thread so they don’t get confused. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    (11/10/21) UPDATE - Answers 

This discussion has been closed.