What's New MPQ - Updated 9/20/21

Options

Comments

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The 5* character that hasn't been featured for the longest time after Iron Man is Yelena (last featured July 2020). Bruce's last turn was January 2021. (note: the most ancient non-featured character is Thor whose last rodeo was in October 2019 but somehow he is a special case)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The next 2 classics in the order list are Iron Man 46 and Hulk BB , barring they add one of the newer 5* that was not in the rotation last time . 

Are we sure Banner is under "H" for Hulk and not "T" for "The Hulk"? If the latter is the case, then Jean Grey would be next. I'm not saying it is, I'm saying I don't know.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:
    The next 2 classics in the order list are Iron Man 46 and Hulk BB , barring they add one of the newer 5* that was not in the rotation last time . 

Are we sure Banner is under "H" for Hulk and not "T" for "The Hulk"? If the latter is the case, then Jean Grey would be next. I'm not saying it is, I'm saying I don't know.
    We had Jean Grey relatively recently by my rotation she’s not due for about 8 months 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:

It's a completely made up order that has nothing to do with spelling. And they randomly changed the order this past cycle anyways, so who knows if it stays the same.

The 5* character that hasn't been featured for the longest time after Iron Man is Yelena (last featured July 2020). Bruce's last turn was January 2021. (note: the most ancient non-featured character is Thor whose last rodeo was in October 2019 but somehow he is a special case)
    They're weird in how they handle it. "Most recent run" doesn't seem to matter. Bruce's last run in the cycle was July 2020. The run in January was part of the Yellowjacket release, where he was subbed in so no character would be "skipped" in the 5e cycle. So it was out of turn and doesn't seem to count (as it happened between two other classic characters, Kingpin and Storm, and not as part of the normal 3Latest/2Classic cycle).

So the next three Classics should be Iron Man, Banner, and then Yelena (who had her last Latest run after those two during the previous cycle, so she jumps into the Classic list after them in the next run; though as I said above, they randomly changed the pattern last cycle, so who knows if that will remain true or not).

And yeah, something weird is going on with Thor outside of all that.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Yelena went into the cycle just as she left LL so I wasn’t sure if they were putting her in after Bruce or it was a final LL hurrah. We will find out if it’s her or if not , Hawkeye . 
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Would love to see the Sinister Six event updated to remove Goblin, Venom, and Carnage and add Mysterio, Electro, and Kraven. If you want to keep Goblin, then just remove the symbiotes and leave Kraven out.
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    Would love to see the Sinister Six event updated to remove Goblin, Venom, and Carnage and add Mysterio, Electro, and Kraven. If you want to keep Goblin, then just remove the symbiotes and leave Kraven out.
    Throw in Kingpin and Prowler, and one more villain (Hobgoblin? Rhino?), and make a second event that's themed as "Miles Morales vs the Sinister Six."

Wouldn't be perfect, but it would be an excuse for a whole new boss event, losing nothing in the process (don't have to cut any of the current six), and since Sinister Six is a little easier for alliances, it would mean easier boss events show up more often (since the new event ought to follow the same structure as the current one).
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Throw in Kingpin and Prowler, and one more villain (Hobgoblin? Rhino?), and make a second event that's themed as "Miles Morales vs the Sinister Six."

Wouldn't be perfect, but it would be an excuse for a whole new boss event, losing nothing in the process (don't have to cut any of the current six), and since Sinister Six is a little easier for alliances, it would mean easier boss events show up more often (since the new event ought to follow the same structure as the current one).
    I think it would be cool if they had 10-12 rotating villains for the Sinister 6 event so that sometimes you'd get the 6 we have now and next time a different 6 would be picked from the 10-12. That way each time the event was run it would feel different.
    KGB
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    KGB said:
    JHawkInc said:

I think it would be cool if they had 10-12 rotating villains for the Sinister 6 event so that sometimes you'd get the 6 we have now and next time a different 6 would be picked from the 10-12. That way each time the event was run it would feel different.
    KGB
    Ooo I like that. Kinda mimics the comics, we know what it means when the Sinister Six shows up, even if there are variations depending on who makes up the Six. And it would still give the excuse of running it more often for the sake of event variety.
  • Elementeo
    Elementeo Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The only one I know of that is super absorbing is blob
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Little disappointed that Towelyey is a 4* but glad to see him in MPQ 🤘
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elementeo said:
    The only one I know of that is super absorbing is blob
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorbing_Man
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Having Blob from X-Men movie could be fun. He could make a good counter to Polaris by reducing her damage to pathetic amount. But his abilities would look like 5* Colossus' or 5Witch's  though.

Absorbing Man seems to be highly requested for a while in the forum. I think a lot of players guessed Absorbing Man when the clue for Legion was out. If it's him, maybe it will be something like Legion+Emma Frost.  Absorbing Man could have an ability that is similar to Kate Pryde+5Witch. It could be something like

"At the start of the turn, create a repeater tile that collects the strength of all matched (enemy) strike, attack or protect tiles. When this tile is on the board, reduce all (power) damage by the total collected strength.

Either way, these two characters feels like they are a hard counter to Polaris.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to guess hit-monkey.  The hyphen in the clue is conspicuous.  Super-absorbent makes me think paper towels, and that leads me to Bounty or Brawny.  Bounty fits a hitman, and with hit-monkey show just announced, why not guess him...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it's Hit-Monkey, he could be a limited 4* character. He happens to be released in the month of MPQ Anniversary.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4-Star Teaser: "Super-absorbent..." I am guessing Hulk's Villain Absorbing Man
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    9/23 - 9/28 The Hunt *NEW*
    • Featuring: Iron Man (Mark LXVI), Loki (Alligator of Mischief), Doctor Doom (Classic), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    • Placement Rewards: Ultron (Age of Ultron) Shards, The Hydra Stomper, Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Ares, Juggernaut (Classic)
    9/23 - 9/30 Introducing... Ultron *NEW*
    • Progression Rewards: Ultron (Age of Ultron) Shards
    9/27 - 10/1 Lost In Time *NEW*
    • Featuring: Magneto (Age of Apocalypse), The Hydra Stomper, Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Ares
    • Placement Rewards: The Hulk (Bruce Banner) Shards, Kate Pryde (Marauders), The Punisher (Dark Reign), Moonstone, Iron Man (Model 35)
    NOOOOOO!  This means no progression shards for Magneto.  Mine is at 12.5 covers, and I could have finished him it wasn't for Ultron.....
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Probably wrong because of the hyphen in the clue, but possibly Sebastian Shaw? 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    9/23 - 9/28 The Hunt *NEW*
    • Featuring: Iron Man (Mark LXVI), Loki (Alligator of Mischief), Doctor Doom (Classic), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    • Placement Rewards: Ultron (Age of Ultron) Shards, The Hydra Stomper, Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Ares, Juggernaut (Classic)
    9/23 - 9/30 Introducing... Ultron *NEW*
    • Progression Rewards: Ultron (Age of Ultron) Shards
    9/27 - 10/1 Lost In Time *NEW*
    • Featuring: Magneto (Age of Apocalypse), The Hydra Stomper, Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Ares
    • Placement Rewards: The Hulk (Bruce Banner) Shards, Kate Pryde (Marauders), The Punisher (Dark Reign), Moonstone, Iron Man (Model 35)
    NOOOOOO!  This means no progression shards for Magneto.  Mine is at 12.5 covers, and I could have finished him it wasn't for Ultron.....
    They added Magneto into the list in this round ( luckily I have him champed anyway) so it’s now updated to Iron Man, Mags, Hulk BB, and ( Yelena/ Hawkeye/ or new add).
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vulcan is the only Summers brother not in the game, and energy absorption is one of his powers. Plus the "super" part of the clue could be referring to his Omega Level status.

Its probably not him but it'd be cool to have him in the game.