What's New MPQ - Updated 9/20/21

Options

Comments

• kimo_star
    kimo_star Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    In Unstable Iso-8, the HfH offer for Ronan is his Blue cover.

Latest 5* are usually in HfH four times before they rotate out, i.e. their last HfH offer as a Latest will be their first power. In Ronan's case, Black. But seeing as Ronan will be leaving on 20 Sep, and this is the start of a new Latest 5e cycle, I'm not optimistic Ronan will be featured again. Although Sighclops and Knull had one last run even after they left Latests.

Was Ronan skipped in the previous 5e cycle (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and why? It seems to me like he was.
    I think it was Electro that was skipped for Odin. I don’t remember a forum post for Ronan. I could be wrong of course.

And Odin got skipped for Shang Chi, i really hope Shang Chi doesn't get skipped because of the next 5, this broken cycle needs to stop lol
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alternatively, if the seemingly new trend of having the outgoing 5* being featured one last time just after they leave, complete with 250cp HFH deal continues, that would be nice to be able to plan around.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu would make a great 5* as ruler of an entire dimension. He even makes a movie cameo if I recall . 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kimo_star said:

Latest 5* are usually in HfH four times before they rotate out, i.e. their last HfH offer as a Latest will be their first power. In Ronan's case, Black. But seeing as Ronan will be leaving on 20 Sep, and this is the start of a new Latest 5e cycle, I'm not optimistic Ronan will be featured again. Although Sighclops and Knull had one last run even after they left Latests.

Was Ronan skipped in the previous 5e cycle (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and why? It seems to me like he was.
    I think it was Electro that was skipped for Odin. I don’t remember a forum post for Ronan. I could be wrong of course.

And Odin got skipped for Shang Chi, i really hope Shang Chi doesn't get skipped because of the next 5, this broken cycle needs to stop lol
    Correct. JJ was skipped for Ronan, and Electro skipped for Odin, and Odin skipped for ShangChi. Unless they throw in another 3 classics in a row (which they’ve done 4 times this year already), or we get a Boss event on the 23rd, then ShangChi will be skipped for the next 5. 

So Ronan has had 4 Placements (including his release) and 4 Progressions, but only been Essential 3 times. Very low likelihood he’ll be Essential again since the “extra” turns (usually?) only happens when they’re the Placement in the event occurring when LLs switch. And with 2 classics following Odin in the next event, that isn’t gonna happen. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kimo_star said:

Correct. JJ was skipped for Ronan, and Electro skipped for Odin, and Odin skipped for ShangChi. Unless they throw in another 3 classics in a row (which they’ve done 4 times this year already), or we get a Boss event on the 23rd, then ShangChi will be skipped for the next 5. 

So Ronan has had 4 Placements (including his release) and 4 Progressions, but only been Essential 3 times. Very low likelihood he’ll be Essential again since the “extra” turns (usually?) only happens when they’re the Placement in the event occurring when LLs switch. And with 2 classics following Odin in the next event, that isn’t gonna happen. 
    JJ = Jessica Jones?
  • Xception81
    Options

JJ = Jessica Jones?
    Yep, Jessica. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The weirdness happened when Odin rotated into LL to replace Knull.

August 22nd, a new trio of LL 5e's starts, and the LL token has Knull, Ronan, and Electro. Electro is up first for 5e.

August 23rd (or 24th, don't remember, mostly irrelevant), Odin replaces Knull, LL trio is now Ronan, Electro, and Odin. Second LL event, we get Knull as the 5e (placement was for Shang-Chi).

Third event, Odin is the 5e, giving Shang-Chi in progression. This is when Odin was "skipped" in the manner that we usually mean when we talk about a 5e getting "skipped" in the first place.

But during that trio, Ronan was in Latest Legends the whole time, but never featured in the 5e. But I think if Ronan had been run in Knull's place, we'd be having this same conversation about Knull, wondering when *he* was skipped, since it would simply change which character had an unusual small amount of turns compared to normal.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how annoying are the BW vs Yelena nodes in Operation Spider Silk?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are using loaner, matches will take about 90 - 120 seconds to finish. Slap some powerful support on your own BW + match damage boost or request cheap and powerful teamups early.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really hoping its Kang the Conqueror. I've called him before, with far less optimal clues, and always been wrong, But this time. THIS TIME! I'll probably still be wrong. I'd be so stoked if it was Iron Lad with a transform like Banner to Hulk, but instead with 3 possibilities depending on which transform you trigger. Maybe killing an enemy makes you turn into Kang, dying spawns a cd tile that brings you back as Immortus, and being the only active character on your team makes you turn into Rama-Tut. I dunno. I just want Kang. 

Also- does anyone know when the Latest Legend token vault will rotate next, and if it will be replacing Ronan with Shang-Chi in 
    the trio of high chance 5*'s?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shang Chi should replace Ronan in LL tokens on Sept 20.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    It's quite easy to remember. They will be replaced on the Mondays/Tuesdays  of new 5* release weeks. That's why it's good to hold your LTs first instead of pulling the moment new 5* enters LTs, if situation allows. Because you will know the numbers and abilities of upcoming 5* in one or two days' time.
  • kimo_star
    kimo_star Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    kimo_star said:

We are getting a boss event next, does that mean Shang won't get skipped?
  • Xception81
    Options
    kimo_star said:
    kimo_star said:

(With the caveat that only developers know for sure), yes, it will/should be a Classic that gets skipped in progression on the event after the next 5* release. I forget if we have a Classic order list that’s still verified, but it’ll be whoever is 2 after Thano5. 
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for the Chavez pvp to end the season. Should be fun with boosted Knull.
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I normally would have thought "destined to rule" referred to Loki, but since there is already at 5* for him I'm going with Kang.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    kimo_star said:
    kimo_star said:

(With the caveat that only developers know for sure), yes, it will/should be a Classic that gets skipped in progression on the event after the next 5* release. I forget if we have a Classic order list that’s still verified, but it’ll be whoever is 2 after Thano5. 
    The next 2 classics in the order list are Iron Man 46 and Hulk BB , barring they add one of the newer 5* that was not in the rotation last time . 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options

The next 2 classics in the order list are Iron Man 46 and Hulk BB , barring they add one of the newer 5* that was not in the rotation last time . 
    Bruce will be coming up shortly? wow i will finally be able to champ him.. HOW LUCKY IS THAT!?!
  • Xception81
    Options
    Except he’s probably the one who’ll get skipped for his progression shards… :-(
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Except he’s probably the one who’ll get skipped for his progression shards… :-(
    And 99.99% of MPQ rejoices