OKTAGON Q&A Session - July 2021 *UPDATE 8/4/21

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion

ANSWERS

1. When will Standard rotate again? Will it be with the release of Forgotten Realms? Or with the release of Innistrad: Midnight Hunt?
    Answer: It’s with the release of Innistrad: Midnight Hunt.

2. When are buffs from supports of the type: equipment supposed to be applied?
    Answer: Each card has its own triggers described in its text. When a card doesn’t describe when the effect is to be applied, it’s applied as long as the support remains on the board.

3. If an equipment gives a buff to the first creature, for example “Brawlers plate” or “Scavenged blade”, when is it determined which creature gets the buff? The current situation seems to be the supports are continuously checking, but it used to be start of round. So can you direct me to the support page where this is described?
    Answer: The expected here it's to works according to each card's text. When the text says: "While on the board:" The effect must be triggered after every change, attack, and other effects. Anyway, we will add this to the gallery of rules and definitions to make it easier for you to find this information.

4. Why no Strixhaven events? It's almost time for a new set.
    Answer: For the Strixhaven release the Development schedule was really tight and we were prioritizing the new Sync PvP feature. There will be a brand new event coming with the next release. 

5. Spells: Some of them ask if you want to cast them, but others will autocast without asking first. What determines if a spell will prompt before it is cast?
    Answer: Spells may require prompts in situations that require a target for the effects or in situations that may be harmful to the player to cast them if this hasn’t been part of a major strategy. There may be some exceptions for this behavior, but mostly this is how the prompts behave.

Observation: We know that some of our answers in regards to questions about new features and questions and feedback related to your ideas seem repetitive. It has to do more with the fact that we often can't say much about upcoming features nor give an estimate on when these ideas could potentially come to the game. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone,

How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by July 22nd, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Documenting my question here.

When are buffs from supports of the type: equipment supposed to be applied?
    If an equipment gives a buff to the first creature, for example “Brawlers plate” or “Scavenged blade”, when is it determined which creature gets the buff? The current situation seems to be the supports are continuously checking, but it used to be start of round.
    So can you direct me to the support page where this is described?
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you willing to add a new property to a player's user profile named Lifetime Points (or something similar)? Many players in top teams rotate regularly because of time and dedication required to get the best results for the team. Every time a player leaves the team, their team score is reset to 0. I played this game for about four years before taking a break of about 8 months. I had accumulated about 115K of lifetime points and up to this day I sometimes can't help myself looking at other players' mega scores. It is in a way a confirmation of dedication to the game. I know we have player levels in our profile and yet, it's not the same. 
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Machine said:
    Are you willing to add a new property to a player's user profile named Lifetime Points (or something similar)? Many players in top teams rotate regularly because of time and dedication required to get the best results for the team. Every time a player leaves the team, their team score is reset to 0. I played this game for about four years before taking a break of about 8 months. I had accumulated about 115K of lifetime points and up to this day I sometimes can't help myself looking at other players' mega scores. It is in a way a confirmation of dedication to the game. I know we have player levels in our profile and yet, it's not the same. 
    10000000% this. I agree with everything Machine said. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we please get an August Q&A thread?
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @jtwood did I miss where this one got answered?
  • jtwood
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    The process has historically been:
    1. Close questions 3rd week of the month (or so) and start next month's Q&A thread
    2. Send questions to devs
    3. Post answers early in the next month
    It doesn't always go that way, but that's their stated goal for this process
  • Sorin81
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Sorin81 said:
    1. Close questions 3rd week of the month (or so) and start next month's Q&A thread

Thanks,  I was just going by the OP which gave a july, 22nd date.  
  • jtwood
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    jtwood said:
    Sorin81 said:

Thanks,  I was just going by the OP which gave a july, 22nd date.  
    Yeah, that date is when they close down taking questions
    Not when they will answer the questions
  • Sorin81
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UPDATE - Answers
    Thanks for your patience and support 🧡
    Rebeca