boopers
boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler

Card:  Offspring's Revenge

Type:
Support - Enchantment

Related to:
Buff Text and "token" text 

Decklist:
Whirlwind of Thought, Song of Creation, Rankle - Master of Pranks, Gyruda - Doom of Depths, Chandra - Flamecaller, Ritual of the Returned, Valakut Awakening, Runious Ultimatum, Alhammarret's Archive, Offspring's Revenge

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/426121848825053184/803012202151411752/image0.png

Description of Bug:

This is a deck that was working without issue up until January 20th at least.  On January 22nd, the bug started.

When you play offspring's Revenge, nothing bad immediately happens.  Once Revenge returns a creature to the battlefield, it becomes a token.  If that card is reinforced 1 or more times, it will get buffed.  Similarly, the tokens created by Chandra are also affected by Revenge and get buffed rather than gain power/toughness from reinforcements.  

Once one of those tokens is destroyed, power and toughness reduces to 0, but they do not die. Specifically, at the beginning of combat, Rankle will kill the last other creature... and it does not die and will still attack.  However, it also will constantly shift between having 0 health and a seemingly random amount of Health - this occurs betwen each "action" that the game is resolving.  Power also fluxtuates.  At the end of turn, the token creature won't die, but remain on the board with 0 health.

If there are a lot of interactions taking place, it will look like the match has frozen, as nothing happens.  Eventually the LPS will kick in.  This will happen during the casting phase, the combat phase and the end phase.

If you do not play Revenge, everything works just fine.

I think this might be related to the other token bugs the game is experiencing. 

Comments

• boopers
    @Oktagon_Support just FYI, this bug still exists. 
  • boopers
    @Oktagon_Support

I see this was marked “Fixed”.  

It is not fixed. It might be worse now. 
    I just had a “token” rankle destroyed by the opponent which froze the match. 
    At the same time my red elemental token stack produced by Chandra had its toughness reduced to 0 at the end of my turn, and it was still on the battlefield during my opponents turn. 
    Please re-investigate. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for all the information and for the heads up!
    This will be put under investigation again.
  • boopers
    I’d just like to take a moment to emphasize why I don’t come here and report bugs often. As far as I know, this bug still exists. Not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out that there isn’t much motivation to report bugs when they drag out for 11 months and the card has rotated out of standard.