OKTAGON Q&A Session - January 2021 *UPDATE 02/08/21

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Q&A Answers

1. I recently saw a bug reporting post with an answer that announced a new "rule" which says that when there is a gem break during the turn, any match that occurs at that time belongs to the owner of the turn. Can we get some kind of "rule book" here in the forums so we can be aware of this interaction rules? That way we should create less bug reports because we know what is behaving as designed and what is not.
2. Recently, the community was informed that a hard rule existed: Gem conversions that generate mana will always award mana to the active player regardless of who owns the effect that converted gems. This appeared to change years of precedent without notification. However, the community cannot definitively point to any reference material to support the notion that this was, in fact, a change in policy. To help avoid these scenarios in the future, can we please have a rule book? To be clear, this is a request for a document far more detailed and formal than the New Player Guide.
Answer: Thanks for your comment. We will add explanations about this and other rules on the game’s FAQ.

3. Back in august 2020 Marcela asked for input to a different VIP structure. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/932630  Has there been any development on this subject?
Answer: There are no changes to the VIP Membership planned so far.

4. When will you update the daily ZR event to be only four matches? This has been a consistent complaint from every single player since the event launched. 7 games is WAY too many for a three days a week/24 hour event. Especially since the matches take forever with the poorly designed objectives and supports. If the events aren't fun, people will stop playing. And this event is a boring, long-winded grind.
Answer: We appreciate the feedback. We don’t have plans to change this event’s design, but we will consider your feedback for future designs.

5.Could you please make the Daxos "victory" card, Necromancer's Covenant, available to the community?   It's ridiculous.  Nothing you have done has steered people away from selecting Kalemne.  Even giving her an awful deck hasn't changed the habits of people who were used to her dominance over the first several months of the event. Have pity. 
Answer: Thank you for your interest in the specific card. We will definitely take this into consideration when discussing it with the team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by January 24th, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Marcela.

Comments

• Over_loaf
    Over_loaf Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I'd just like to report that I'm getting some freezes when using NOX with this new release. During a match on my turn it will just freeze, however I am able to click on the bottom and  exit the current match. I've never had any freezes before this one.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back in august 2020 Marcela asked for input to a different VIP structure. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/932630

Has there been any development on this subject?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    I submitted a plea for Daxos's victory card. Let's see if I can jinx the outcome so Kalemne loses so the devs can be like "Ha! See, you just needed to be patient."

Edit: In fact, I did not jinx the outcome, and Kalemne won once again. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Over_loaf said:
    I'd just like to report that I'm getting some freezes when using NOX with this new release. During a match on my turn it will just freeze, however I am able to click on the bottom and  exit the current match. I've never had any freezes before this one.
    Could you open a thread on the Bugs and Technical Issues area providing more details as shown up in the Bug Report Tips thread?

Thank you so much,
    Marcela.
  • Tutaha
    Tutaha Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    When is Kaldheim coming?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    I got the answers! Thank you to all of you who sent your questions.
    We will answer more on the next month's Q&A which is already available HERE.

Thank you,
    Marcela.
  • Blazul
    Blazul Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    @critman Yep - this one you nailed. I was a long time paying member of this game (was at VIP13), and was happy to pay a little to support the game development. But this answer put me over the top. Just cancelled my subscription and started looking into other mobile CCGs. I've never seen a game dev care so little about what the player base thinks. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    @critman - I sort of got the impression that this was the universal answer this month.

I am struggling to find any question that will illicit a somewhat meaningful answer from the devs. Perhaps a question like; what is the dev. Teams mascot called? or what is your favourite colour?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

Answer: Thanks for your comment. We will add explanations about this and other rules on the game’s FAQ.
    Thanks. Would it be possible to announce these "rulebook" enhancements as they are added? Otherwise, it will be quite a slog to plow through various FAQ links in order to see what has been added. Maybe some sort of public facing FAQ change log?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welp, I tried getting us the Daxos card and the result was as expected.