Eidolon of Longing Dies at End of Turn [Fixed]

Stormcrow
Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
Something in the new patch (4.6) broke Daxos the Returned's planeswalker ability Eidolon of Longing - the token creature created by the ability (Greater Eidolon of Longing) dies at the end of your turn, no matter what your experience total is.

Tested with my level 60 Daxos in Story Mode, Standard Training Grounds and Legacy Training Grounds, with experience values ranging between 1 and 16, and a few different decks (including a random one created with "auto-fill" in Legacy Training Grounds). Doesn't matter what you do or what the Eidolon's power/toughness are, it always dies at the end of the turn it's created.

I strongly recommend making this bug a high priority and getting this fixed before the next time Daxos vs. Kalemne runs - which is supposed to start this coming weekend, on 12/12. If you don't, the Daxos side is going to be even more crippled than normal, and you're going to get absolutely flooded with bug reports/complaints.

If you want to fix this bug by changing how the token creature works so that it's better (having it keep the power/toughness buffs it gets from Auras would be nice) I don't think anyone will complain.

Comments

• spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I am glad that I am not the only one seeing this. It does not happen 100% of the time to me but it does happen quite often. Maybe it did not happen when I played against Kalemne, but I was trying out a new deck in the training grounds with Daxos, and pretty much every time I use his first, his eidolon would come out and die in the same turn, taking just enough damage to destroy it, with nothing in the battle log. But I played 4 games and it happened in at least 3 of them. The forth it may have happened early in the game but I did end up with it on the battlefield at the end of the match. I had nothing buffing it at the time, the first time it happened neither my opponent or I had anything on the field. 
  • spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    It seems to happen when the opponent has no xp. This morning I played against a Tamiyo deck, at the start of the game my eidalon was dying on the first turn, I was using it to make my black market less fragile. But the opponent played Kelsien, and after that my eidalon was fine, and had the correct att/def. 
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    That's weird but it does explain it - I played some more Training Grounds with Daxos and had one Eidolon not die, literally once, but it was in a match against Kalemne so Kalemne probably had some XP.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!