Options
Bubbles_CS
Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
PACKS
  • UID*

You have my UID from a previous report

• Which pack?

Free booster

• Is it related to the cards received or the purchase?

Yes

• iOS or Android?

iOS 13.6.1 or 14.2

The six-hour timer associated with the free booster progresses slowly when the app is sent to the background from the Vault.

I believe this has been happening for a long time and tricking me and surely others into collecting fewer free boosters than are actually available.

Frequently I return to the game after several hours and find the timer has progressed far less than expected. I also recently performed the following test:

I loaded the game and found the free booster timer To be 2:57 (two minutes, fifty-seven seconds). I returned to my phone’s home screen and started a three-minute timer. When the timer expired, I returned to the game and found more than 2:10 remaining on the timer. Force-closing the game and reloading allowed me to immediately claim the free booster.

Comments

• Tarthrin
    Tarthrin Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've noticed this on node refreshes too. I set a phone timer in time for the refresh and when the timer goes off the nodes still show 1+ hours left.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    the timer doesn’t progress slowly, the timer stops. Yesterday, my free booster pack timer said there was 5 hours and 50 minutes left to my next free booster. Recalling this report I restarted the app and presto I had a new booster pack to claim.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Closing the app and opening it again fix that issue.
    There are several things that are wrong with the client side of the app, like:
    When you return to your app after nodes refreshed the counter is still zero, stepping in a second time resets them to the correct state.
    The reason is simple to understand: MTGPQ is not communicating with the server or less frewquent while in the background. No communication no update.
    Giving the stoppwatch sample: the app is simply suspended after 15 seconds being in the background. If not, it would burn your battaries...
    you can decide what you prefer: accurate updates while in the background and a mobile phone shutdown after an hour or an inaccurate timer after returning...
    My though:
    those tones of app reloads we experience now deals with that issue while developers try to handle return from background inactivety, who knows?
    Solution: resynchronization with the server after returning from the background (without reloading the app!!!!!)
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for all the information!
    This issue will be investigated.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

In order to help us, please provide the following information if you have it (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can you please let me know how I can find the battle log, planeswalker, event, and deck information for the Vault?

This is something everyone experiences whether they know it or not. It happens every day for every pack. Not once in a while. EVERY FREE PACK. Telling players that their free pack isn’t available when it is has to be a compliance issue of some sort. I think I will check some App Store documentation to see if I should file a report with them. You are literally stealing resources from unaware players.