"Train a power" daily mission doesn't trigger on rostering character

DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
So I rostered Red Guardian after winning a cover for him today, but it didn't trigger an advance in the "Train a power" daily mission. 

I would also argue that adding a champion level to an existing character should count as a trigger for this, for people with more developed rosters. 

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,910 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mod note: Moved to Bugs and Technical Issues Forum
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the report. I'll check with the team regarding whether or not this is the intended functionality. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    @DeNappa Rostering (and championing) doesn't technically train a power.  So by the letter of the daily mission, it shouldn't count.  My workaround for this is to constantly update my 1-star characters that I never use.  Instead of selling 3 1-star covers for 300 ISO, I use them to swap powers and claim the daily quest (worth 700 ISO)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    @DeNappa Rostering (and championing) doesn't technically train a power.  So by the letter of the daily mission, it shouldn't count.  My workaround for this is to constantly update my 1-star characters that I never use.  Instead of selling 3 1-star covers for 300 ISO, I use them to swap powers and claim the daily quest (worth 700 ISO)
    Championing I could agree with, but I disagree with 'rostering'. You train that character's power from 0 to 1.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:
    abmoraz said:
    Championing I could agree with, but I disagree with 'rostering'. You train that character's power from 0 to 1.
    Is rostering a character for the first time different than adding a new power (also going from 0 covers to 1)?
    Certainly adjusting powers of a championed character should not count for the daily quest.  I think that any activity that consumes a cover (or the shard equivalent) from your queue and adds it to your roster should count.  I'm unsure about saving a cover, perhaps that should only count when the character is actually championed and the saved covers are applied.