I've kept silent about it but can't anymore

Options
Am I the only person who thinks this new setup for Welcome To S.H.I.E.L.D. is total b.s.? This final fight against The Thing, Starlord, and Mordo is WAY too overpowered. Once one of them has enough AP to fire a power, the match is essentially over. They seem to take out half of any characters HP, if not outright downing them completely. 
I understand it's not supposed to be easy. I really do. But I don't think it should feel like it's almost impossible to do. 
I apologize if this comes across as whiny. I don't mean it that way. It's just absolute frustration everytime this damn thing comes up now. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is definitely challenging and a lot depends on the quality of the 4* loaner to deal damage or stand up. Nega Sonic was useless, Elsa is not great.
    I had to whales this one as it just wasn't working but check the main forum - there is always a thread with tons of advice - it doesn't always mean your roster can do it but it is worth a try - otherwise, bring those Whales team-ups/DP3 and purple or TU boosts.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree totally. I do not play these troll-nodes since I cannot use usable characters.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Whales. That is all. 
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I have only been able to avoid using whales a few times (Legion going invis and waiting it out leaps to mind).  I don't love the difficulty level, but I have completed this many more times than the old structure, in which I never completed the bottom row
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Jadams78 said:
    Am I the only person who thinks this new setup for Welcome To S.H.I.E.L.D. is total b.s.? This final fight against The Thing, Starlord, and Mordo is WAY too overpowered. Once one of them has enough AP to fire a power, the match is essentially over. They seem to take out half of any characters HP, if not outright downing them completely. 
    I understand it's not supposed to be easy. I really do. But I don't think it should feel like it's almost impossible to do. 
    I apologize if this comes across as whiny. I don't mean it that way. It's just absolute frustration everytime this damn thing comes up now. 
    No, I agree. I keep getting kicked in the butt with this team and Mockingbird/RiRi. The characters they force us to use even if I bring Apocalypse or BRB they get one power shot and I’m done.