Fables of Eldraine 'Curious Pair' freeze [Investigating]

critmancritman Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
Android 10, Galaxy A40

Event: Fables of Eldraine
Level: Curious Pair (the 5th level)
My PW: Oko, Thief of Crowns

Game hung when I made a match involving an opponent's Food token.

NB: the game was still accepting inputs, so I was able to enter the Battlelog (which is when I took the screenshot below), and animations were still happening, but gameplay did not progress, the gems didn't drop in as they should have done after I made the match.

(I'm aware that strictly speaking this isn't what you'd call a hang, or a freeze, as that would imply the animations stopped and the game became unresponsive... but.. um... I can't remember what the technical name is for this state? Can anyone help me out there?)

Comments

• critmancritman Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    I reset the app, and attempted to play the level again.

On turn 1 I made a match destroying two of my opponent's food tokens, and the game did not freeze.
    On turn 5 I made a match destroying an opposing Food token, and the game did not freeze.
    On turn 7 I made a match destroying an opposing Food token, and the game did not freeze.
    On turn 13 I made a match destroying an opposing Food token, and the game did not freeze.
    I then won the game.

I wonder... Was the problem caused by a use of one of my abilities earlier in the game? The freeze in the post above ^ came late in the game, and I had earlier used my first ability (creating food tokens for me and a Fae Treat token), and my second ability (creating a food token for my opponent). In the game described in THIS post, however, I did not use any of my PW abilities.
  • JinQuietJinQuiet Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    The same soft lock state happened to me during Hallow's eve event.

For me game freeze happened while playing
    - Ashiok, Nightmare Muse
    against
    - Liliana, Dreadhorde General

Fetching a card named
    - Thaumatic Compass
    with Ashiok's ability
    - Nightmare Harvest
    caused lock state when the game was responsive, everything worked except I could't swap gems on the boards. I had to quit manually.

• Oktagon_SupportOktagon_Support ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!