Hallow's Eve Bracket Size

Options
BongoTheGrey
BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
It is so refreshing to see a 500 bracket on an event and realize that you might have a chance to get decent rewards if for whatever reason you don't finish with a perfect score.

What about applying this to every event so the 6-200 rewards are not completely wasted?

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, please! 500-person brackets should be the norm!
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    Options
     you might have a chance to get decent rewards
    Not to be a downer, but: the top bracket reward is 40 crystals and a pack full of dupes. Not exactly breaking the bank there...call me cynical but I suspect that if they made brackets smaller for other events they'd also make the rewards worse.

I feel like, for these annual holiday events that reward specific-color packs (the red packs in the Valentine's day event also come to mind), it doesn't seem like it would gamebreakingly generous for them to be no-dupe packs. There isn't much chance of a veteran player not getting all-dupes from one of these, and a "black pack" that's 70 orbs doesn't feel particularly different from a "blue pack" that's 80 orbs. I wouldn't even mind if they put the reward packs on a timer so you had to open them and couldn't hoard them; at least we'd be getting actual cards of the specified color.

Really, I think the biggest problem with the unsatisfying reward structure in this game is this: packs are bad rewards. But that's probably a topic for another post.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bracket sizes were reduced back in the end times of Hibernium (along with a reduction in rewards, of course).  At some point Oktagon undid that (the brackets, not the reward reduction), although I don't think we ever got an official explanation or even notice (I think it was an accident, to be honest.  That's why some old events are bracketed the way they are).
    It would definitely be nice to have smaller brackets in every event.  But that just makes the problem of too many perfects less severe, it doesn't actually solve anything.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been screaming for reduced bracket sizes for a loooonnnggg time. Nobody seems to listen. 
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been screaming for reduced bracket sizes for a loooonnnggg time. Nobody seems to listen. 
    Haha but then rewards get nerfed or they paywall it. 
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JamesGam said:
    Haha but then rewards get nerfed or they paywall it. 
    They got nefed anyway. Pretty **** fighting for 5 jewels and 3 single boosters for a weekend event. Only to lose your last match and drop 70+ places in the ranking.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We've all been asking for this for a long time. Every post where you see someone complain about dropping from 1st to 357th by missing a 1-point objective is actually a request for smaller brackets. No one enjoys massive brackets. They make the game unenjoyable and give you a reason to stop playing after you lose even a single point.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It used to be the 3k brackets were only used when the top reward in platinum was 150 crystals and 300 jewels and a rare. Those were reduced through the brackets to the 250-500 bracket where you got 40 crystals and 10 jewels.  That 500 bracket is better than 1st place now.