Genesis - order of operations not working as written. [As Designed]

Options
Smokincookz
Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
I had only Genesis and Gaea’s Revenge for creatures in my deck, & used Gather the Pack to mill some of both into the GY. Beginning of next turn, Genesis prompts me to exile all copies of Genesis from GY, and drain 6 mana, so I hit yes. But it brings a Genesis onto the field, when it’s written that it would FIRST exile all copies of Genesis from the GY, then return the first creature. 

Instead, it returned the first creature (Genesis) and then exiled the rest, and left my Gaea in the GY. 
Please fix this so we can use the card as intended for the next Seize the Day event. It cannot live up to its full potential as it is now.
Thanks.

Comments

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The wording isn't 'all copies'. It says "exile each other card named Genesis..." (my emphasis) so I could see that being interpreted as working as intended. In either case if Gaea was first in your GY then it should've been returned not Genesis!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback.
    This issue will be investigated!
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Xucachris You are probably right about that! It’s a lot of text to read through.

It does imply exiling all except the one Genesis in GY that triggers the ability. I’d have to test it again to see whether it behaves properly, but I think it was Genesis as first creature in the GY. 

So, if it is NOT the first creature in GY, then it should stay in GY, but all others named Genesis are exiled, and whatever the first creature in GY is returns to the field. I can’t recall if it left a Genesis behind in GY. I think this will be an easy one for the team to confirm.

Hmm. Not too bad, if you can get other creatures destroyed first, before a Genesis goes in GY, could be solid. Especially for mono-green to return things from GY to play.