Vanguards - Failure to trigger other card's abilities [Fixed]

Options
boopers
boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
I've been not posting this for a while and just dealing with it, but it is becoming a bit annoying when vanguards don't cause triggers. 

I assume there is some special coding involving Vanguards related to the fact that you can't use removal on them unless the card specifically says it will target vanguards.  If that is a correct assumption, I think that coding is interfering with a lot of other card triggers.  Here is a short list:

- With Fires of Invention, Vanguards wouldn't get disabled (may have been fixed) 
- With Song of Creation, Vanguards won't trigger resourceful - and draw a card 
- With Tome of the Guldpact, Vanguards do not trigger the draw for being a "colored support"
- With Chandra's Pyreling, a Vanguard that does direct damage to the opponent does not trigger Pyreling buff as "non-combat damage".  Tested Ral and The Royal Scions Vanguards.

I guess you can consider this four separate bug reports, as vanguards DO trigger plenty of other cards.  But it seems like the issue is a bit deeper than just a few specific cards.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback!
    These issues are now under investigation.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support

please add werewolves to this list. Casting Vanguards does not seem to effect their transform ability at all. If you cast a vanguard, the werewolf will still flip as if no cards were cast.