Hard freeze from Domri vanguard's -2 ability [Couldn't Reproduce]

Volrak
Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
edited October 2020 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
My opponent activated the -2 ability on their Domri, Anarch of Bolas vanguard.  Our creatures dealt damage to each other and then the game froze as shown (no animations, unable to open any menu).
Creatures and supports in play:
  • My creature: A 12/12 token stack produced by March of the Multitudes
  • Their creature: A 9/9 token stack of Zombie Army tokens
  • Their supports: Domri, Anarch of Bolas; Liliana, Dreadhorde General; and two treasure tokens
  • Perma-supports: As per the RaW - Revelation event
Their hand was full when the freeze occurred.

Comments

• Scydrex7
    Scydrex7 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I experienced the very same hard freezing bug earlier. My opponent activated his Domri vanguard. Both of our amassed zombie armies dealt damage to each other and the game stopped right there.

I waited for a minute to see if the freeze resolved itself. When it didn't, I switched apps and returned to the game after a few seconds. The screen went completely dark on my phone, forcing me to restart.

This caused my only lost points so far in this weekend's coalition event.
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    edited July 2020
    This same bug just costed me a match in WAR event today.  I was playing the top node and one turn away from winnning the match. AI triggered Domri Fight ability and the game immediately got into a hard freeze.

https://ibb.co/YQcZstB
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    I mentioned in another thread about token stack issues that this bug had occurred for me. Greg’s Domri used his -2 ability to kill my Zombie Army stack With his non-token creature and the game froze as pictured above.
  • Danicidreira
    Danicidreira Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    This Happened to me too, the gam3 freezes and turn black, but i didn't realized it's the Domri second abbility.

Lost two battles in the Event. It's a coalizion event so i'm a bit sad.
  • Lady_River
    Lady_River Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I've also had the same issue. Lost a match in the last coalition event that just finished because of this. Opponent had vanguard, used ability annd it froze.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue is now under investigation.
    Thank you for the feedback.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    I don’t know if new scenarios for this are still useful but I just experienced this issue when I used my Domri’s -2 ability targeting my second creature, a stack of elemental tokens, to fight my opponent’s 12/12 Karn token.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    We were not able to reproduce it.

In order to help us, please provide the following information (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• Which card?

• Type and Subtype;

• Is it related to trigger, mechanic, text, or other?

• Which Event/Battle?

• BattleLog screenshot;

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.