***** Onslaught (Psionic Entity) *****

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Polares said:
    Vhailorx said:
    I actually don't think he will end up being Wasp-tier bad (seems more meh-to-decent than truly bad to me), but I kinda hope we will just so the "Nonslaught" handle can stick.  That's a great nickname to whoever thought of it (I saw it from Bluewolf first, but s/he disclaimed creating it). 
    His green is way to good to be Wasp level bad, but the other powers are pretty meh.

He is a one trick pony, that gets diminishing returns the longer the match BUT he is still better than Wasp  :lol:

So OneSlaught then is useless unless you battle a mega tile  spammer or Okoye, and Prowler nullifies his purple easy enough . 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well Onslaught might be a one trick pony but he is a PvP loaner with 39k health to chew through, so great, I guess. 
  • Michael1957
    His invisibility is useless against AOE like Hulkoye , his green requires a rare match 5. 4 moves , tops to KO him
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    He does give pause against playing Carbusa or Grockernaut cause you KNOW the AI is going to be super lucky with lining up your special tiles.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    So for anyone that’s tried the PvP yet, who are the best teammates? Prof $ and Carbage?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    ProfX is only good if Onslaught has the match 5 reduction to match 4. The loaner does not, so the synergy is weak IMO. Feels like any other PVP with a less than top tier feature.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed, prof $ works in the seed teams for his PvP, but barely any synergy.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Loaners are typically sandbags due their builds at 1/1/1. If the devs would loan us lvl 255 champed new releases in PvPs, it would be more fun.

Fun team could be 3* Black Widow and 4* Northstar if you want to utilize Onslaught's abilities. Rainbow coverage with active abilities in all colours.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Deadpool and his Purple being boosted in Nonslaughts PvP is quite fun. I't not hard to wait for a good moment to play DP's CD's when there is a good line up of the enemy's strongest & weakest colors together. DP always places the CD's on the enemy's strongest color and Onslaught changes them to the weakest with his blue.
    Instant match-5's are possible with all those big damage CD's going off. 
    You should also qualify for Onslaught's passive removing TU's, so hopefully more CD's become matchable. 
  • Michael1957
    Nonslaught is just there to take up space . It’s basically 2 on 2 with new character PvAI.  Which means 3 possibilities.  1. Gritty 2. BRBishop or 3. Hammerhawk.  I am not including the statistically insignificant 4th option- the 2% who play PvAI without one of the 3 duos champed or near champed 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nonslaught is just there to take up space . It’s basically 2 on 2 with new character PvAI.  Which means 3 possibilities.  1. Gritty 2. BRBishop or 3. Hammerhawk.  I am not including the statistically insignificant 4th option- the 2% who play PvAI without one of the 3 duos champed or near champed 

I would guess that 60-80% of the playerbase doesn't have any of those high-end PVP duos champed.  But since we are all forced to play in MMR-constructed walled-gardens (until 1k+ when everyone becomes a seal for the 550 crowd), it's easy think that everyone else playing the game has one of a handful of good teams.
  • Michael1957
    Vhailorx said:

I would guess that 60-80% of the playerbase doesn't have any of those high-end PVP duos champed.  But since we are all forced to play in MMR-constructed walled-gardens (until 1k+ when everyone becomes a seal for the 550 crowd), it's easy think that everyone else playing the game has one of a handful of good teams.
    For 60-80% of players playing PvAI not to have one of those 3 would mean you only see those duos 1 or 2 times per five matchups . On average it takes me 15 match searches to find one team not using them. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    Deadpool and his Purple being boosted in Nonslaughts PvP is quite fun. I't not hard to wait for a good moment to play DP's CD's when there is a good line up of the enemy's strongest & weakest colors together. DP always places the CD's on the enemy's strongest color and Onslaught changes them to the weakest with his blue.
    Instant match-5's are possible with all those big damage CD's going off. 
    You should also qualify for Onslaught's passive removing TU's, so hopefully more CD's become matchable. 
    And in 4* land if you put in Valkyrie as your 3rd and chase the bounty she will generate TONS of purple so that Deadpool fills all the purple tiles with his CD's (so much so that I often have to use Apoc purple because there is no more for Deadpools power to occupy) while denying the enemy Apoc purple. You can quickly wipe the enemy team with the CD damage.

I've climbed all the way to 900 with this team in 4* land.

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Vhailorx said:

For 60-80% of players playing PvAI not to have one of those 3 would mean you only see those duos 1 or 2 times per five matchups . On average it takes me 15 match searches to find one team not using them. 
    Only if your pvp nodes are populated by a representive cross-section of all players.  but we know that is not the case.  MMR looks at all available players and restricts your nodes to 'appropriate' matches (i.e., people with a similar MMR to yours).  That is true up until above 1k, when all the training wheels come off and you can see everyone (and lose points 1:1 with each loss/hit). 

If you judge the playerbase by the opponents you see in PVP, you will think almost everyone out there has a roster at or somewhat above your level.  But if you start tracking names, you will quickly realize that you are just playing in a walled garden with a few dozen players at or around your roster strength. 

• furbear00000
    edited June 2020
    I wasn’t completely disappointed by Onslaught. Px5 and 50Thor did quite well. If Onslaught had his proc at match-4, it would have been even better. I did insane amounts of damage just from the constant cascades into match-4/5 into more match-4/5. Used Px5s purple to try and make even more matches. Onslaughts blue even helped to make more matches into cascades. 

I won’t be chasing him, but I will be aiming to get as many purple covers as I can for when he’s essential. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least Onslaught finally got a name on his thread! I mean, whilst the devs popped in to bother with that maybe they could have done the sneek peak update but I guess you take your victories where you can.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    I wasn’t completely disappointed by Onslaught. Px5 and 50Thor did quite well. If Onslaught had his proc at match-4, it would have been even better. I did insane amounts of damage just from the constant cascades into match-4/5 into more match-4/5. Used Px5s purple to try and make even more matches. Onslaughts blue even helped to make more matches into cascades. 

I won’t be chasing him, but I will be aiming to get as many purple covers as I can for when he’s essential. 
    I agree on everything. Except purple. You want to chase green covers for Onslaught's passive, and blue for his tactical color change & damage. Purple isn't that bad, not too good, but it should be 3rd priority.
  • furbear00000
    RickOShay said:

I agree on everything. Except purple. You want to chase green covers for Onslaught's passive, and blue for his tactical color change & damage. Purple isn't that bad, not too good, but it should be 3rd priority.
    Sorry, I did mean green. Purple was the least useful power, obviously, since I preferred Px5’s purple instead. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played vs a champed onslaught buffed out on pvp for testing him. On early moves he matched 4 and took away nico minoru. After that I downed the others two and finally took him down, 150k.
    He turned invisible but he matched his trap on the same move.
    The feeling I got is what it says on this thread.  A 1 bullet canon. Maybe if there were not there my BRB he could win with damage matching. Not likely though. 
  • Akroma
    Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
    so guys, is onslaugh nonslaugh? is too bad? :( i mean, i hope, god willing, that i can get enough cp and lt to get apoc before he leaves, that means, getting onslaugh.

when i was playing him on the pvp, i noticed something: the invisible goes away when someone "match" the traps, not when they are destroyed by other means. i accidentally cascaded into a 4 of a kind that destroyed one of my own. then i used okoyes red to destroy another trap, so i was with only 1 trap. gg.

on the other hand, i was vs one of the onslaughs loaner, and it happened the same, 4 of a kind leaving only 1 trap for him, in a place only god knows where it was, i had to concede :(