Stolen Identity WAD? [Fix in 4.4]

Smokincookz
Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
The card’s writing implies that the creature on which you cast it will fetch the next Stolen Identity upon attacking.  Instead, the copy of the creature gains the effect... 

Seems like it would make more sense if written as “...that copy gains...”, rather than “...that creature gains...”.

(This card is not too good, if it’s working as designed, which it probably is. Just not worded the most clearly. Even with Urza, there are better options. Too slow for platinum tier... I stumbled across this while mastering cards.)

Comments

• Smokincookz
    edited May 2020
    It’s weird that the effect will stack for as many times as you cast it on one creature. Working as if it said” repeat this effect X times, where X is the number of times Stolen Identity was cast on this creature.” Kind of interesting hidden effect there, that could actually be useful...

edit- I have to see if the stacking is occuring based on the number of copied creatures played, or the number of times Stolen Identity was cast on said copied creature. I think it is probably the former, but cannot confirm yet.
  • Smokincookz
    In fact, with Mutate, could this be seriously broken? I guess time will tell...
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue is now under investigation.

Thank you for the feedback,
    Marcela.