Game crash - Arrester's Admonition [Can't reproduce]

Options
BlessedOne
BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
Standard training grounds game.
My opponent cast arrester's admonition and the game hung - spinning whirlpool in the center of the screen.
No LPS.

I cannot tell you the source of the issue.

There  were some buggy cards in play:
Mowu (on my field)

Opponent:
Harmonious Archon
Killer Instinct

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This issue is now under investigation.

Thank you for the feedback,
    Marcela.
    Options
    Couldn't reproduce it.
  • BlessedOne
    Options
    I've not seen this issue since I posted it. Could have been a one time event.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support thanks for the updates on so many bug reports (almost a whole page!), but I have to admit I am disappointed that not a single reported bug (That isn’t WAD) was even able to be reproduced, even those confirmed to be experienced by many players.

Is there value in the community continuing to report all bugs, or is it only the pervasive game-altering stuff that is above the line?
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I truly understand your disappointment, and it also hurts my heart to see these bugs not being reproduced by our team. Mainly those with a lot of reports (from experienced players or not).
    But the thing is, we need to be able to reproduce in our platform, with error logs and stuff so the programmers' team can fix it.
    I will ask you to wait until the next release to check if it's still occurring, then we can test again if so.
    Since we always test in the next game version build, there are some issues that were already not occurring in the next release.

Thank you for caring and for your patience,
    Marcela
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support thank you very much for the insight into the process for investigating bugs. I appreciate your transparency.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to confirm the bug exists in the version active when the bug was reported? If you could reproduce the bug as we see it and then confirm it isn’t reproduced in the new-version code, you could declare it resolved instead of unable to reproduce and leaving us to wonder if it will show up again in the next release.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a soft lock with Applied Biomancy in Journey (bottom node). Probably related to this issue. Ticket has been submitted in game. 
  • BlessedOne
    Options
    That is fine. I have not had this issue since i reported. Thanks for looking into the issue.