Permanent support gave mana to opponent during my turn. [Fix in 4.4]

Options
Smokincookz
Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
During A Journey Through History, TLCD, I twice had a cascade on my turn that matched the permanent support, and it gave the mana to the opponent. This permanent support technically belongs to the opponent, with the arrow pointing to the right. 

Before the Ikoria update, I noticed many times that my own Resilient supports would behave this same way when the opponent cascaded into matching them. I would gain the mana from the Resilient gem match, but only if they cascaded into it. I’m not sure if this still applies to Resilient supports post-Ikoria.

Comments

• Smokincookz
    Options
    The reverse situation also happened in RT (the perma-support there technically belongs to the player).
    Greg cascades, gems fall and match the perma-support. I gained the mana from the support gem’s match. The other matches from his cascade, ie those not matching the perma-support gem, earned him mana correctly. 

I will explore the possibility of Resilient gems also misbehaving this way. As noted above, pre-Ikoria release I observed Resilient gems consistently acting in the same manner. This happened many times.

It should not take too many matches for me to find out, I simply have not had Greg cascade into my Resilient supports since the IKO release.
  • Smokincookz
    Options
    I posted this on the main thread about this problem, to help support the theory about Resilient supports. 
    To finish up my end of the investigation, here is a screen capture of Black Market and Thassa, Deep Dwelling doing it- https://imgur.com/a/s2QYaa3
  • Wolfbane
    Wolfbane Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I thought I noticed this behaviour yesterday so I paid extra attention to is this morning.
    This problem appears to be triggered each time a special support is triggerred ( permanent, resilient or vanguard support) I also noted that on the turn following this behavious other odd things occur.
    Noticed the following odd behaviour:
    1 Opponent matching one of players activated gems actually triggers the  activated ability in favor of the AI
    2 Spells cast by AI are targetted in favor of the player
    3 Loyalty abilities that target creatures triggered by the AI are resolved in favor of the player. I.e. they target the AI's creatures

I haven't been able to reproduce these odd behaviours yet but it feels like the cascade issue also somehow breaks the fixes on some older bugs