My Mana is Being Given to my Opponent [Couldn't Reproduce]

Options
Endbringer
Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
I have recently noticed since the 4.1 update that several of my sources are providing mana for my opponent when it should be provided for myself. It happens when I make a match and then a waterfall occurs to create another match on any of the new Indestructible Enchantment God supports. My first swipe provides me mana, but if I cause a cascade and any of the God supports get their gem matched, the mana goes to my opponent, along with every single other match of any gems, even the ones not involving the God supports, for the remainder of that cascade. They AI opponent has the same issue to provide me mana on its turn when the same process occurs. BUT.. its not just this; also if I draw cards during my opponents turn while Avaracious Dragon is in play and his ability triggers which then produces matches, the mana from those matches (that my creature created) goes to the opponent. 

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe you have the wrong game and forum.

KGB
  • Endbringer
    Options
    KGB said:
    I believe you have the wrong game and forum.

KGB
    Magic the Gathering Puzzlequest
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This issue is reported and discussed more than once but not fixed. They are trying to reproduce this behavior.
  • Endbringer
    Options

No investigation for this? Definitely one of the worst in game problems but no urge to fix it. Interesting.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I have seen Greg get mana from his Resilient support gem being matched during my turn, and have had Greg do the same on my turn and give me mana. I did not swap into the gem, but cascaded into it. I got the mana from all the matches during the cascade, just the 2 gems matched with his Resilient support gave it to Greg. That’s the only time I’ve seen this bug.

Question remains, do ALL gems matched via cascade that also hit a Resilient gem give mana to the support’s owner? I don’t see it happening when the Resilient gem is matched by normal swap, only when caused by cascade.

I use one Resilient card frequently in both standard and legacy, so I’ll keep an eye open to see what it does when Greg matches it.

• Smokincookz
    Options

Just had it happen when I cast Rishkar’s Expertise, no Resilient involved on either side.

This bug is one of the worst.

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I matched gems when using domris vanguard +1 ability- The mana went to my opponent. This was during the CotC event. Other conversions in the same match went to me.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello guys,
    Sorry about the delay and thank you for your feedback!
    This issue is now under investigation with the other similar cases.

Thank you for your patience,
    Marcela.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any update on this? It is still happening
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't believe I saw it much during 4.1, but with the release of 4.2 I am seeing it every couple of matches. My experience matches @critman's.
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A test in AJTH showed that when opponent's permanent support is hit with a gem match, the next gem match gives mana to opponent. The gem match after that all returned to normal, until the permanent support was hit again. Got a long conversion loop going to test this. 
    If this happens in CotC where both players have a permanent support in play, that could explain why it goes both ways in that event, but not in others. 
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can confirm and provide a video regarding this issue. Matching the opponents permant switches mana gain traget to opponent and back to player while cassacding mana orbs. Best reporduced with Rishkar's Expertise, Hour of Promise and Nissa's renewal..
  • Glajioul
    Glajioul Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been seeing this a lot on the third node of the Vantress Challenge.  All turns that exhibit this behavior include triggering that node's support.
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I believe many people have stated Castle Vantress (the support) is a catalyst to trigger this behavior, but I have been seeing it in all kinds of decks that don't include the card.
  • Smokincookz
    Options
    I made a thread about this that included Resilient supports doing this. It was occurring long before IKO was released. I just captured video evidence of Resilient supports still behaving this way, causing the same problem as permanent supports.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have also been experiencing this issue frequently since 4.2 went live. I have experienced it when matching Greg’s permanent support and at other times I couldn’t explain, sometimes multiple times per match. It is extra challenging to win when you can’t play anything and Greg plays everything!
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Contributing some video evidence to this (20-second mark)

https://i.imgur.com/a0B6pUT.mp4
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    +1 to this bug still being an issue
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A huge issue as it doesnt requires any setup to occure. It just happened to me on the first gem match of the game. While nothing was on board except the permanent support.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same here. It happens to me since the last (Ikoria) update. Didn't have it before.