Which Card is Bugged? Which One is WAD? [Fixed]

jtwood
jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
Kenrith's Transformation says "Target creature's power and toughness becomes 3/3." When you cast that on a stack of tokens, each reinforcement becomes a 3/3 (e.g. a 10x stack of 1/1s becomes a 10x stack of 3/3s; so PT equals 33/33).
Taranika says "The first other creature you control gains Prevent Damage until end of turn. Then, its power and toughness becomes 4/4 until end of turn." When that trigger targets a stack of tokens, the stack loses all buffs and becomes a 4/4 regardless of how many times it was reinforced (e.g. a 10x stack of 1/1s becomes a 10x stack with a total PT of exactly 4/4).
The portion of the card that impacts P/T is worded identically on both cards, yet they do not have the same outcome. Which one is working correctly? And I'd like to submit the other as a bug. :blush:
(I'll just add that I hope Taranika is bugged. Otherwise... woof)

Comments

• coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2020
    I hope so, too. Just if not, kenrith's transformations would transform itself from "ouuh, pretty nice card" to "eeeehhhmm, get away with that"...
    While taranika would just keep their shiznot status.

If it turns out as a bug, we would still have two nice cards, that are most likely (still) appreciated by many players :)
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    The same question goes for that archon and the new hour of need card.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,
    Thank you for the feedback.
    This will be investigated.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bumping this because I would be very glad to submit a bug ticket for the card(s) that are not WAD