Fires of Invention only allows for 1 card to be played half the time. [Fixed]

Options
Endbringer
Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
I've noticed since Fires of Invention came onto the scene that it it randomly decides if it will let you play one or two cards per turn. I can't find any correlation to why it happens for only one card some turns and the proper two cards other turns. It should always be two cards playable per turn as the card states. It's definitely bugged out.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello @Endbringer
    Thank you for the feedback!
    This issue is now under investigation.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have played a ton with this card and haven't seen that problem when it starts the turn in play (I always get two cards for each of my turns). What I have noticed is that it retroactively applies its disabling feature on the turn you play it. Here's an example that frequently happens:
    • Play any card (first of turn)
    • Play another card (second of turn)
    • Play Fires of Invention (third of turn)
    • Rest of hand becomes disabled
    Fires of Invention says "when you cast your 2nd card on your turn..." Taken literally, it should not disable any cards in your hand if you play it after (or maybe even as) your second card for that turn. Unfortunately, that is not what we see.
  • jtwood
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Here's a video of what I'm describing above:
    Note that technically I should have been able to cast the 1st Tamiyo in my hand, but Fires retroactively counted how many cards had been cast when it EtB and disabled my hand because I was over the two-card limit. The battle log shows that Fires was 'triggered' after it EtB, too.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you activate a vanguard ability, Fires will often count that as one of your two casts. 
  • Endbringer
    Options
    I'm referring to any given turn, even the plenty after Fires of Invention was already placed on the board during a previous turn, and when the time comes for cards to be played from my hand only one card comes out and then my hand freezes. I have tried to experiment and see which specific order of possible events may trigger this bug but a lot of times I could simply attempt to have 2 creatures come out as the top two cards in my hand that were filled by Fires of Invention at the start of the turn, but only one creature will be cast. I don't think there is a method to the madness but I have noticed that numerous times after using a PW's loyalty ability (especially one that creates a support gem) the bug will go into effect. There are all sorts of different scenarios I've experienced with this though so I don't know what the main trigger is that causes the malfunction. I will say that more than half the time I use it, it seems that it messes up just a bit more than 50% of the time...
  • Zethish
    Zethish Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've noticed this as well from time to time. I do believe it happens (sometimes) when triggering activated gems on the board. Maybe the game considers some of these effects to be a "cast"?
  • jtwood
    Options
    @Endbringer can you get it on video to submit?
  • Endbringer
    Options

@jtwood said:

I am not seeing a way to post my video here. It's just asking me to type when I click the tab. I was just in a match in the first fight of Tour De Ravinca using Tricolor Sarkhan trying to cast 2 Chromanticore back to back as my 2 cards per turn and only one would ever be allowed. Even without using any PW or Vanguard abilities.

• jtwood
    Options

@Endbringer said:

@jtwood said:

I am not seeing a way to post my video here. It's just asking me to type when I click the tab. I was just in a match in the first fight of Tour De Ravinca using Tricolor Sarkhan trying to cast 2 Chromanticore back to back as my 2 cards per turn and only one would ever be allowed. Even without using any PW or Vanguard abilities.

I load the video up to Imgur. This site accepts vid (mp4/gifv) links from their site.

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I had this a couple of matches today after stealing it in TG as Ashiok. What happened every time I had it in play was if my first card cast caused multiple effects (summoned or created other cards/creatures/supports) then all other cards in hand became disabled. Presumably this is the same as pw abilities causing effects and vanguards as well.
    On the other hand it seemed like I could cast more than 2 cards from hand IF the first card was a vanguard. It allowed me to cast 3 cards in that turn.

• Endbringer
    Options

I've noticed lately quite often that if a spell is cast first the second card doesn't play. There's all sorts of issues with this card behaving properly.

• jtwood
    Options

I finally had this happen today when playing a superfriends build. It wasn't very predictable and so I never got it on video.