***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Nice analysis Daredevil.  I basically agree.  It's too early to say IH is definitely meta.  He doesn't even look as dominant on paper as someone like Gambit did when announced.  But he has very strong passives and a decent active.  That seems like the kind of character that has a good chance to be exploitable by some now-or-future synergy.

Also, HE was borderline meta on release because of coulson.  But then Gambit and thorkoye and finally kitty power-creeped him into pvp irrelevance.wirthy just restored him to where he was on release.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. I wasn’t a 5* player then. Hawkeye/Coulson can beat almost anything today. It’s just so so slow that I imagine you’d get hit 50 times in PVP before you win the match. Cool to know he had his day in the sun before though. 
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Interesting. I wasn’t a 5* player then. Hawkeye/Coulson can beat almost anything today. It’s just so so slow that I imagine you’d get hit 50 times in PVP before you win the match. Cool to know he had his day in the sun before though. 
    He was my first 5* champ.  It was a panthos meta back then.  He/coulson was still slow, which is why I say *borderline* meta, but they could do panthos or OML/Phoenix without much trouble and 1200 with 0-1 shields was pretty straightforward.  Gambit was another matter entirely.  And after Gambit was nerfed, gritty showed up, and he/coulson is bad against them too because they don't start as fast as he/worthy. 

Turning back to IH, I think he is maybe a bit better than HE 1:1 on paper at their respective tines of release (mostly because he looks faster), but doesn't yet have as obviously perfect a partner as coulson.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iHulk is like if Black Bolt and MEHulk had a baby. I’ve got him at 1/1/0 and been messing around with him. 

With Okoye, the Green Door hits friggin hard. And unlike BB, you don’t have to wait a bunch of turns for 5 charged tiles to hit the field. Also, the green tile forms and might put you to 8, and when you destroy 2 other green tiles, and random match or cascade can happen with TUPs. THEN, the damage part activates, which gets pumped by Okoye. Pretty nice. 

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Power creep is already really high for to be worring about. What would be the health of new characters next year? 120k at l 450? 
    On this point I dont think there is much to be seen yet.
    On the other hand I hulk already has low health. His meta goes on other mechanics.
    Truth is I didnt hit teams with IHulk buffed and covered. But people started running for him, as happened with BRB. That means something for sure.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can one of y’all with an iHulk test out whether or not 3* Vision mitigates the self harm? Not expecting it to be useful, just curious if he can. He is maybe the only character in the game who can for some reason reduce court death friendly damage with the right CD in play.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The next two cannot cycle in fast enough for me. I played a low level hulk and almost got my backside handed to me. You cannot event use a xpool and match TUs. Maybe this would be the one time a xpool at 370 was useful. There's just no hiding from the damage reliably. I can't wait to have this scarecrow on my team.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since Spider-Woman's black ignores (or at least used to) Thanos' team damage, I guess that it will protect from iHulk, too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Since Spider-Woman's black ignores (or at least used to) Thanos' team damage, I guess that it will protect from iHulk, too.
    Nice. I had it in my mind that worked as well, but I wasn't 100% sure. I recall one time making a concerted effort to find ways to reduce the team damage, and reached the conclusion nobody could do it fast enough to be useful.

Elektr4/Sinister may or may not end up being a fun team with this hulk. I don't think Sinister's clone thing will trigger from it though
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    His primary name is The Hulk (Immortal)?  I don't have him on my roster yet, can he run alongside the other The Hulk's?
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    His primary name is The Hulk (Immortal)?  I don't have him on my roster yet, can he run alongside the other The Hulk's?
    He cannot be used with:

Chulk
    Mehulk
    3* hulk
    5* banner

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is thanos and hela a good counter against ihulk?

Thanos can kill ihulk many many times triggering court death.similarly, hela green passive can take advantage of the large green ap pool left unused. And her black passive can also trigger many times. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That team damage that IH does to your own team really hurts.  And sometimes, it's hard to avoid based on the other team's attacks.  IH is not going to be fun AT ALL to face in PVP in the future.
    i tried a match against an undercovered, underlevelled ihulk cause i thought how bad could it be. it was bad. wiped my squad in the middle of a climb in about 4 turns. add his green power to the list of busted abilities in this game. between him, brb, bishop, and hammercap there's going to be no playable matches left in pvp.
  • iHulk2013
    iHulk2013 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Agreed that it is going to be no playable matches left in pvp, for ihulk with Okoye, brb (with Kitty), hammercap with Hawkeye, bishop ....  , all of them can finish the game by few turns. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Looking like iHUlk is hitting latest on 4/20?

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Looking like iHUlk is hitting latest on 4/20?

Nah. On 4/20, he's always Banner ;)

• Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    He might me meta out of the gate. But he’s so unique that all it takes is some unreleased character who takes advantage of his mechanics to make his value shoot up. 

That’s how I feel as well. IHulk is such a unique skill set that I think his usefulness will only increase over time. If nothing else, if he can tank colors, he becomes a health-pack-free one-man wrecking crew for difficult PVE nodes. AI will just keep killing him over and over until he lays waste to them.

I’m going to try to at least get a useable IHulk built up.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So I got IHulk to level 420 at a 5,3,3 build with 7 saved covers. In Sim with no boost he is awesome with Okoye Thor wilting our teams. In PVP he cost me some health packs. One opponent I found great use for him is against BRB Kitty teams. I ran IHulk with Kitty and IHulks green and kitty removing protect tiles just wiped the floor with BRB Kitty. I am not sure which 5* he will partner best with in the long run but he is definitely strong.