**** Maria Hill (S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative) ****

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not entirely convinced she is going to be trash-tier as people start champing her; that black is fairly spammable, and the strikes are pretty good. I could see her showing up on Kitty based teams in pick-3 eventually.
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    chf5868 said:
    I've finally seen the light! If the glut of 4* characters is made exponentially worse by suicidal heroes with terrible powers that nobody cares about & resource events that just need tweaking are taken away, no-one will notice that resource sucking new heroes are coming out faster than friggin updates. Proof positive that devs can be terrible at their jobs & remain employed. The weather forecasters of the virtual world...
    They could lower it to 3 * or 2 * to compete with BagMan for the worst character trophy ever created.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    marshall said:
    One of the few things that helped build excitement over new character releases. Even if it was repetitive, it helped promote the character, gave us a different cycle at least.

Also, re: Hill, seriously with black power?! Take 10k+ damage for an extra 1k match damage that will be half gone by the time she gets the fallout.

I mean, it's in character, but maybe a bit too useless?
    She will be in contention for the worst character created, along with BagMan
    I underestimated her synergy with Okoye and got completely destroyed in a pvp matchup.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Why didn't they add: Omega Red; Mandarin; Electro; LizardMan; Sunspot, etc. another character.

Instead of this ****.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    I just reevaluated the game on the PlayStore to 1 *. I only change the assessment when the game improves. It's been really disappointing lately.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    marshall said:
    One of the few things that helped build excitement over new character releases. Even if it was repetitive, it helped promote the character, gave us a different cycle at least.

Also, re: Hill, seriously with black power?! Take 10k+ damage for an extra 1k match damage that will be half gone by the time she gets the fallout.

I underestimated her synergy with Okoye and got completely destroyed in a pvp matchup.

I was abusing the loaner with Kitty for much of my initial climb.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    marshall said:

I was abusing the loaner with Kitty for much of my initial climb.
    I like her well enough as a blue outlet with Thorkoye for her required node in Lost in Time. Nice additional AoE with Thor's green. 
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Why didn't they add: Omega Red; Mandarin; Electro; LizardMan; Sunspot, etc. another character.

Instead of this tinykitty.

Wait: Sunspot? You think Maria Hill, a staple in the MCU and SHIELD is unworthy and you counter that with Sunspot? I guess we could throw in a Strong Guy whilst we are at it? I mean there are reasons to complain about this game but is a lack of Sunspot really one of them? I am sure he will arrive in due course. Or maybe not. I wouldn't rate the game 1* because of it but obviously YMMV...
    I know it is an exaggeration to classify the game with 1 *. But sometimes, it is what we have to do to call attention to changes that must be made.

Regarding Sunspot. He would be an authentic 5 *. It is an Omega level character. Maria Hill 4 * ???
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sunspot is on Magneto's power level? wild. I haven't read a book with him in it since '92 or so though
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @DAZ0273 while I agree that Maria Hill is a staple & might even show up in in some upcoming shows, one could argue that Sunspot is in the upcoming New Mutants (which I absolutely hate on principle of a lack of Doug & Warlock.)
    But @MissoesRicRose Elektro? Really?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not entirely convinced she is going to be trash-tier as people start champing her; that black is fairly spammable, and the strikes are pretty good. I could see her showing up on Kitty based teams in pick-3 eventually.
    Define trash.  aside from the massive self damage, her power strength is fine.  But she is super squishy and she does nothing that existing 4*s can't do better.  Want cheap invis?  Take miles or wolfsbane or IW.  Want a cheap black that had a nice effectively with a disk of self harm?  Plus a power that makes since decent 4* strikes? Bring Kate bishop.  And many of those options will have 20 or 30+ champ levels on her forever.

This character brings absolutely nothing to the table.  She is an especially bad waste of time even considering that all new 4*s are a waste of dev and player resources at this stage in the game.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    Sunspot is on Magneto's power level? wild. I haven't read a book with him in it since '92 or so though
    Magneto is much better known than Sunspot. But Sunspot is much stronger (omega-level mutant) and Magneto already has it in the game. No more repeated characters. Many are still missing. But this is talking to another forum topic.
  • MissoesRicRose
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    @DAZ0273 while I agree that Maria Hill is a staple & might even show up in in some upcoming shows, one could argue that Sunspot is in the upcoming New Mutants (which I absolutely hate on principle of a lack of Doug & Warlock.)
    Electro is part of Sinister Six. Better than Maria Hill who doesn't even have any power.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    Well Claremont's New Mutants always pushed Mirage and Cannonball over Roberto but we did get Rahne so maybe? I guess we do have a lack of South American heroes so he would be good for that but then we also have a lack of Native American heroes so maybe Danni for New Mutants? We agree on Strong Guy though, right? 😁
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, if you have some board control on the team, that countdown isn't that hard to get rid of, and never mind the Invisibility, a cheap AoE on a colour not known for damage is not to be ignored. In combination with Kitty or Okoye, that's some pretty serious damage.
    Also, I finally did manage to get the timing to work out, and her Invisibility does, in fact, prevent the self-damage from her black. Still not sure why they created new functionality for Invisibility rather than using the altered functionality already established for Airborne, but the combo does work as described.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    Electro is part of Sinister Six. Better than Maria Hill who doesn't even have any power.
    Coulson doesnt have too. Haweye and black widow. The punisher.
    I think the real problem of vets players who have all 4* at level 280.or more is that they just dont want any character if its not op . Be it at 5* or at 4*.
    Play hard and just in 2 months you will have her champed. And then things change.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Instead of this tinykitty.

Wait: Sunspot? You think Maria Hill, a staple in the MCU and SHIELD is unworthy and you counter that with Sunspot? I guess we could throw in a Strong Guy whilst we are at it? I mean there are reasons to complain about this game but is a lack of Sunspot really one of them? I am sure he will arrive in due course. Or maybe not. I wouldn't rate the game 1* because of it but obviously YMMV...
    I know it is an exaggeration to classify the game with 1 *. But sometimes, it is what we have to do to call attention to changes that must be made.

Regarding Sunspot. He would be an authentic 5 *. It is an Omega level character. Maria Hill 4 * ???
    I haven't read a story with Sunspot in for some time, was he one of the ones classified as Omega level in the recent House of X and stuff?  That said, wasn't Maria Hill once head of Shield? So she would have the entire of Shield's resources at her disposal? I say that trump's Sunspot by quite a long way.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    Using this logic, Batman should have lasted about a week in his crimefighting career!
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @MissoesRicRose I get that, but you will probably have to wait until closer to Homebound if at all.
    I personally find this iteration of her to be meh, but she was overdue in the MCU/S.H.I.E.L.D department.