Surveil - Library cards not staying in same order [As Designed]

Options
jogamundo
jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
During the last coalition (The Great Tournament, Mar 6, 2020) event i noticed that my Surveil cards were not leaving the Library in the same order.

I had The Magic Mirror in play (so it draws 2 cards at the end of my turn.)

If i Surveil with either Discovery , Notion Rain , Price of Fame, etc. 
i Surveil away 2 cards, so the remaining 2 cards should be drawn by the Mirror at end of turn.

but the cards drawn the Mirror are not the ones i saw in my Surveil prompt.
the same is true if i surveil multiple times in the same turn.

the only card that actually Draws what it is supposed to is Discovery, and i suspect that is only because the draw is part of resolving the spell.

Tagged:

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,281 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @jogamundo
    So, I was testing all these combinations and all of them are working correctly.For example, if you Surveil with Price of Fame and draw with The Magic Mirror, you draw the cards you saw when you surveiled.If you Surveil with Discovery and Notion Rain and draw with The Magic Mirror you will draw only one card you saw or even none because of the second effect of those cards you surveiled with.Maybe you can give us more details or record a video and post on IMGUR to send us the link.
    Thank you,
    Marcela.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was it by any chance on the Dream Crafting node?  @jogamundo

If you had 1000 year storm  after you cast any of those surveil cards the perm support on the node would destroy the next 4 cards (the ones you previewed)

It's also possible that the Magic Mirror support is being reinforced before the draw (although the text implies it should be after)
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It was on the Dream Crafting node, so the Mirror going up 1 support at end of turn was likely the cause, milling my next 4 cards.  That makes sense now.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed this behavior too on that node.
    Threw me for a loop, but then realized what you mentioned above.
    Good catch!