Titanomachy - "Summon" objective not counting played creatures from hand consistently. [Fix in 4.1]

Options
Azerack
Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor

Managed to get 2 creatures counted and then it stopped.

Didn't count any further creatures added to the board.

Second round seemed to count fine... Confused what's going on...

Comments

• Ypgi
    Ypgi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options

It also doesn’t count creatures put into play with Killer Instinct at all

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That node is a train wreck

• Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

So has anybody figured out what actually counts for the summon objective? I managed to cast 6-7 creatures plus two Karn tokens, but only got 3 counted.

• DerekRogers
    DerekRogers Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

It has nothing to with actually "summoning creatures" Some count, most don't. It has a lot more interactions with dealing with the graveyard but there is really no method to its madness, some cards count twice. I had one match that i had could count for every card counted, but there rest i still have no idea.

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

You have to summon rare or lower cards. The objective doesn't care about card type, just rarity.

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options

Oh yeah, that totally is clear with "Summon"... 🙄

Except that I've had cards NOT count and then some count three times and my deck has three Mythical creatures in it, so not sure it's that.

I have them coming in via:

Deadbridge Chant

Finale of Eternity and

Cauldron's Gift.

Still randomly counting or not counting them.

Still, I hope everyone in Brazil at Oktagon is enjoying the Festival... 😑

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Having had the benefit of team mates exploring the hiccup in the objective I am ensuring that I CAST 4 common- rare cards to make sure the objective gets hit while this version of the event is running.

Its not how it should be but it is the way it is running and it will be over soon enough. Then the devs can go about creating a new mystery objective for the next outing.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    Options

It's none of all this. It counts spells. Can't believe they messed up this objective, which has been used for ages.

Edit: I've tried casting creatures, summoning creatures, summoning tokens, casting Vanguards and I noticed it only counts spells 100% of the times.

• NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

@Avahad that sounds like a mad fun idea! Objective: Guess what?

• DerekRogers
    DerekRogers Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

After recording several videos and watching other videos and counting each card being played over the last couple days running in this event I firmly believe that @Opperstamper is correct about summoning/casting rare cards or lower. No mythic or MP is counting toward objective that we have been able to count for. Is it possible you are only running mythic creatures in your deck? It definitely is a mind blowing objective that really got messed up.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options

I believe it's also spells.

• Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited February 2020
    Options

The evidence I've observed also seems to coincide with the functionality @Opperstamper and @DerekRogers mentioned. Thus far, I haven't been able to reproduce any suggestions from others about mythic and masterpiece cards believed to count towards the Commander objective, and I haven't independently observed any instances of that in the games I've tracked carefully on that node during this event.

As a summary of the hypotheses I've attempted to test thus far and evidence consistent with the conclusion that the objective is most likely based on rarity of cast or summoned cards up to this point:

Hypothesis 1: Enemy creatures count towards the objective

Contradictory evidence: Opposing Gaea's Revenge did not count

Hypothesis 2: All spells count towards the objective

Contradictory evidence: Stitch in Time, Finale of Revelation, and Electrodominance did not count

Hypothesis 3: All spells without stored mana count towards the objective

Contradictory evidence: Stitch in Time did not count

Hypothesis 4: Cards that put other cards in the graveyard count towards the objective

Contradictory evidence: Talent of the Telepath and Beacon Bolt counted, while Glimpse the Unthinkable did not count

Hypothesis 5: Spells that deal damage or destroy enemy creatures count towards the objective

Contradictory evidence: Destroying an enemy creature with Electrodominance did not count

Hypothesis 6: Nissa 4's tokens count towards the objective

Contradictory evidence: They appeared not to count in a recorded test game.

Current hypothesis: The objective functions as though the text were "Cast or summon 4 or more common, uncommon, or rare cards" (cards summoned without being cast appear to count based on the behavior of Blood Operative and Cauldron's Gift, while tokens appear not to count based on the behavior of Bolas 1's second ability, Nissa 4's first and third abilities, and Turn to Frog)

Contradictory evidence: None observed thus far

Consistent evidence:

1. In my 2nd game (no video or screenshots recorded), the cards that appeared to count each time they were cast included Discovery // Dispersal, Talent of the Telepath, Notion Rain, Beacon Bolt, and Mission Briefing, while the cards that appeared not to count included Finale of Revelation, Electrodominance, Stitch in Time, Thousand-Year Storm, zombie tokens generated by Bolas 1's second ability, the AI casting Gaea's Revenge, the AI casting Assure // Assemble, the AI casting Unexplained Disappearance, the AI casting Steam Vents, and the AI casting Stomping Grounds.
    2. In two recorded games, the behavior of the objective counter appeared consistent with the hypothesis.

Edit: Removed video links to comply with forum rules; if anyone in the forum community is interested in examining those, message me privately or on other platforms for them

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

That's some pretty extensive testing @Dodecapod, thanks! We had it by first charge, tested thoroughly with a lot of players in our group before posting here at 99.9% certainty. I'd say this proves it to 100%.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

[MOD MIC ON] Due to the forum rule not allowing videos with player names in them, please feel free to send video links to me directly. I will collect and send them to @Oktagon_Support upon her return from the Carnival holiday, so she can get them to the devs quickly. Please only send YouTube links. Google Drive permissions have proven problematic in the past.

Also thank you! To everyone who is working hard to make sense of this extremely frustrating bug! You are an amazing community! [//MOD MIC]

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

I checked the cards in my current deck. I do NOT use any mythic or MP spells, so assuming your observation is correct, the objective reads:

Commander: cast 4 or more COMMON, UNCOMMON, or RARE SPELLS.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

From my experience it’s « cast anything that isn’t mythic ». I don’t have any MP in my deck to test those though.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd like to say I'm shocked that nobody at Oktagon QC noticed that one of their objectives worked in no way like it was written, but honestly I would have been more shocked if all 4 of the objectives worked properly.

Nice job testing everyone, these are some pretty detailed analysis that Oktagon should be paying you for (especially @Dodecapod , great job man)

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello guys,

This issue with Commander objective is already confirmed and will be correct on the next time this event runs.
    Thank you for the feedback and for your patience.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello guys,

This issue with Commander objective is already confirmed and will be correct on the next time this event runs.
    Just curious, did you guys figure out what the objective was actually checking?
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Hello guys,

Just curious, did you guys figure out what the objective was actually checking?
    Would love to know this for sure