**** Karnak (The Shatterer) ****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    I could also see this being Karnak. The 4 turns could represent studying an enemy for their weakness, which is when the crits and extra damage come in.

!!!!!!! YES, please!!!  Great observation -- all of that fits SO well with the ability descriptions (plus, the Inhumans are a royal family)

If it is Karnak then can we have an update to Lockjaw's blue power! Either a switch in what it does to match or maybe he can swap in Triton instead of Karnak and he hits you with a fish or something.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel.com: Oh my gosh who’s a good doggy?! I’m so excited to finally be able to play a full Inhuman team! Why did the team decide on Lockjaw over some of the more… Human Inhumans?

Josh Austin:
     Lockjaw is awesome and his popularity is growing so finally being able to add a playable canine to “Marvel Puzzle Quest” just made the team really excited. One of the great things about Lockjaw in “Marvel Puzzle Quest” is his ability to teleport in other Inhumans, so while we aren’t adding Crystal and Karnak to the game as playable characters (at least it’s not planned right now), they are getting put in the game through Lockjaw.

From the old Marvel.com article about Lockjaw, here is the quote where they weren't planning on adding Crystal or Karnak (at least not right now)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/how-lockjaw-can-be-a-big-help-in-marvel-puzzle-quest

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    I could also see this being Karnak. The 4 turns could represent studying an enemy for their weakness, which is when the crits and extra damage come in.

!!!!!!! YES, please!!!  Great observation -- all of that fits SO well with the ability descriptions (plus, the Inhumans are a royal family)

If it is Karnak then can we have an update to Lockjaw's blue power! Either a switch in what it does to match or maybe he can swap in Triton instead of Karnak and he hits you with a fish or something.
    Can we somehow get Lew Zealand?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    ZeiramMR said:

Can we somehow get Lew Zealand?

I guess he could throw Triton at the bad guys, good idea.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Come on guys; it's clearly Captain Britain.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Taganov said:
    But which one? Brian or Betsy?
  • DAZ0273
    MrEd95 said:
    Taganov said:
    But which one? Brian or Betsy?

I never much cared for Betsy as CB (she should have learned from the first time she tried and also she is more interesting as Psylocke) so Brian please and in classic Alan Davis costume!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    edited February 2020
    Updated Character from previous Teaser version. Enter, Karnak!

I'll have the methods of earning and such up momentarily. It's the norm for a 4-Star character release, so nothing too exciting. Forum formatting is just giving me a headache.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Updated Character from previous Teaser version. Enter, Karnak!

I'll have the methods of earning and such up momentarily. It's the norm for a 4-Star character release, so nothing too exciting. Forum formatting is just giving me a headache.
    As long as it's not con-flu again.....thanks for the update!
  • Ythik
    Ythik Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2020
    IceIX said:

Shatter - 10  AP
    Striking a single perfectly placed blow, Karnak shatters his foes' minds and bodies. Deal 176 damage and choose 2 basic or Critical tiles to destroy. If a Critical tile is chosen, Karnak instead destroys the 8 tiles surrounding it, dealing 352 additional damage. (Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP). (Max level 343 per basic, 686 per Critical tile destroyed)
    • Level 2: Deals 241 damage and destroys 3 tiles. Selected Critical tiles deal 482 damage. (Max level 469 per basic, 939 per Critical tile destroyed)
    • Level 3: Deals 296 damage and destroys 4 tiles. Selected Critical tiles deal 593 damage. (Max level 578 per basic, 1155 per Critical tile destroyed)
    • Level 4: Deals 463 damage and destroys 3 tiles. Selected Critical tiles deal 926 damage. (Max level 903 per basic, 1805 per Critical tile destroyed)
    • Level 5: Deals 834 damage and destroys 3 tiles. Selected Critical tiles deal 1667 damage. (Max level 1625 per basic, 3249 per Critical tile destroyed)
    The max level values suggest a "per basic" number, but the base writeup doesn't appear to deal damage per basic.  Could you clarify here?

Using max level / five cover numbers, is the damage:

Flat damage (1667) plus tile damage per basic selected, plus damage (3249) per crit selected, plus tile damage for tiles around the crits

or

Damage (1667) per basic selected, plus damage (3249) per crit selected, plus tile damage for tiles around the crits

(Also is the 4 tiles in the level 3 just a rogue typo and it's three across the board after 2+ covers?)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am wondering for “Shatter” if the tiles destroyed really goes 2, 3, 4, 3, 3 as you go from 1-5 covers. Or if it stops at 4 for 3-5 covers and there is a typo. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Wow, his match Damage puts Juggs to shame. He's going hit like a 5* when he's at 5 covers! Guess Bishop will be his nemesis :D

@Ythik: I believe the 270 5 covers damage is 1625 if you select a basic tile to destroy and 3249 EXTRA damage if you select a critical tile with one of your selections. If you selected a critical as one of your tiles you will get further damage from the surrounding tiles (which will be based on the tile value obviously).

Eg:
    Select 2 basic tiles - 1625 damage + 2 tile damage
    Select 1 basic and 1 critical tile - 4874 + 1 tile damage (crit tiles worth 0 damage) + 8 surrounding tile damage.
    Select 2 critical tiles - 8123 + 16 surrounding tiles (crit tiles worth 0 damage).

KGB

P.S. IceIX's comment a few posts below about max damage when selecting 6 criticals confirms what I wrote in my 2 tile example above.
  • IceIX
    bluewolf said:
    I am wondering for “Shatter” if the tiles destroyed really goes 2, 3, 4, 3, 3 as you go from 1-5 covers. Or if it stops at 4 for 3-5 covers and there is a typo. 
    Updated. Had it right on the teaser and copy-paste errored it in updating with numbers. Should be 2/3/4/5/6
  • IceIX
    KGB said:
    Wow, his match Damage puts Juggs to shame. He's going hit like a 5* when he's at 5 covers! Guess Bishop will be his nemesis :D

@Ythik: I believe the 270 5 covers damage is 1625 if you select a basic tile to destroy and 3249 EXTRA damage if you select a critical tile with one of your selections. If you selected a critical as one of your tiles you will get further damage from the surrounding tiles (which will be based on the tile value obviously).

KGB
    Correct. You get the base damage for selecting a Basic tile, but a boosted amount for selecting a Crit tile for each tile selected.
  • Ythik
    edited February 2020
    IceIX said:

Correct. You get the base damage for selecting a Basic tile, but a boosted amount for selecting a Crit tile for each tile selected.
    The base write up should probably say something more like "Select 2/3/4/5/6 basic or critical tiles to destroy dealing X damage per basic tile and Y damage per critical tile."  As written it appears to deal flat damage, and then additional damage per crit.

Edit -- Unless that's not what you mean.  I'm still unclear if it deals damage per basic tile selected or not.

If I select six basic tiles do I deal 1625 plus tile damage?  Or do I deal 9750 damage (1625 * six basic tiles) plus tile damage?

If I select six crit tiles do I deal 21,119  damage (1625 flat damage + 3249 * six crit tiles) plus tile damage?  Or do I deal 19,494 damage (3249 * six crit tiles) plus tile damage?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    Wait, you may Select up to 6 tiles?

I realize you'll never really have 6 critical tiles on the board since they often explode upon creation, But that's potential for the biggest base champion damage we've seen in a long time.

Karnak, Bishop, Prof X going to be simply unfair..
  • IceIX
    The ability deals 1625 damage on base. It then deals damage for each tile destroyed (whatever Karnak's damage is at that point). THEN, if any of those tiles are Crit tiles, it deals additional damage per crit tile destroyed and blows up the tiles around it. So 21,119 damage by selecting 6 Crit tiles, then any additional damage per tile blown up.
  • Ythik
    IceIX said:
    The ability deals 1625 damage on base. It then deals damage for each tile destroyed (whatever Karnak's damage is at that point). THEN, if any of those tiles are Crit tiles, it deals additional damage per crit tile destroyed and blows up the tiles around it. So 21,119 damage by selecting 6 Crit tiles, then any additional damage per tile blown up.
    In that case you should probably take "per basic" out of all the max level numbers, since there isn't anything that's actually per basic tile.
  • IceIX
    Ythik said:
    IceIX said:
    In that case you should probably take "per basic" out of all the max level numbers, since there isn't anything that's actually per basic tile.
    Fair enough. Updated to "base damage"

Also, added the release schedule.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    @IceIX - Does One Hit Wonder start Feb 13 instead of 16.