**** Karnak (The Shatterer) ****

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    For the black power, how does "after 4 turns" work?
    Is the black transition one-way only?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Geez, every is missing the obvious team-up.

Put this person with Bishop and a 5 with good match dmg.  Let the other team cascade and Mr. Broken gives you 30 AP to fire blue 3 times.

Maybe use BRB and get more blue from all the Protects being matched in the insane cascades.

Match over.
    I think you're missing the real MVP team up here - 2* Bullseye about to become that hot new PVP meta with this character y'all
    I missed out on using 1* Venom to automatically down a character.  Couldn't get enough webs out, and then they nerfed that power when all the other Spiders started showing up.  

Considering they're trying to make protect tiles a thing, I hope they don't nerf 2* Bullseye...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Geez, every is missing the obvious team-up.

Put this person with Bishop and a 5 with good match dmg.  Let the other team cascade and Mr. Broken gives you 30 AP to fire blue 3 times.

Maybe use BRB and get more blue from all the Protects being matched in the insane cascades.

Match over.
    I think you're missing the real MVP team up here - 2* Bullseye about to become that hot new PVP meta with this character y'all
    I missed out on using 1* Venom to automatically down a character.  Couldn't get enough webs out, and then they nerfed that power when all the other Spiders started showing up.  

Considering they're trying to make protect tiles a thing, I hope they don't nerf 2* Bullseye...
    Could you imagine the outcry? 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin

4 gameplay turns, not 4 turns with that tile existing. The transition is one-way, yes. Once it transitions, the tile doesn't come back.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    When does the turn-count start? On Battle Start, or after Player turn 1 (offensive turn 2)?
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    IceIX said:

4 gameplay turns, not 4 turns with that tile existing. The transition is one-way, yes. Once it transitions, the tile doesn't come back.
    Is there an indicator or countdown? Do we keep track of it in our heads? Sounds like a new mechanic.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love using 2* Bullseye in Balance of Power PVP.  mix with MEHulk and a black generator, like Domino or C&D.  I've nailed the big 120k+ damage move a few times.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    A L144 2* Bullseye only does 13K damage if there are 4 crits on the board. That was auto-kill in the days when 3* characters were the norm and even some low health 4*s but that would just over half of 4* Juggs health never mind a 5* characters health.

I still think Worthy/HE makes a better partner than Bishop because you get Red and Blue from HE which lets you fire the Red power too.

KGB
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    A L144 2* Bullseye only does 13K damage if there are 4 crits on the board. That was auto-kill in the days when 3* characters were the norm and even some low health 4*s but that would just over half of 4* Juggs health never mind a 5* characters health.

I still think Worthy/HE makes a better partner than Bishop because you get Red and Blue from HE which lets you fire the Red power too.

KGB
    This is why i stated i only do that in Balance of Power...

...because honestly... Outside of it, its too much work for too little.  Im sure we all agree on that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using Newguy with Worthy HE is a nice idea, as long as you can fire the blue and not take out your CDs in the cascade. 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    With all these characters with blue active powers, I'm starting to feel like Bishop's nerf is coming. 

In any case, I'm liking this character already because of utilizing critical tiles. Something new and sounds like fun. There are times that critical tiles made by Chavez appear where it doesn't match anything and you don't want to match it too, but leaving it would be giving it to the opponent. Now if you have this character's power ready, you can just explode it or you can use blue and hope that the newly created critical tiles will match that one.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maximus the Mad?
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    It could be that popular spidey foe that everyone has heard of: Windsor Glastonbury, aka Chairman? That’s got to be worth a google, right?
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    jredd said:
    'super hero house of windsor' - first family of marvel is fantastic 4 yeah? Franklin Richards maybe?
    That the transition to the second form of the black power is specifically 4 turns might lend some credence to this. (See all the 4s in post-rework Mr. Fantastic's kit)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    MrEd95 said:
    It could be that popular spidey foe that everyone has heard of: Windsor Glastonbury, aka Chairman? That’s got to be worth a google, right?
    I googled that...my man is a Chair, and also my #NewFavoriteThing
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    As people have said, Psylocke has two points in her favor: already in the game in another form and a new comic that could pushed. But I could also see this being Karnak. The 4 turns could represent studying an enemy for their weakness, which is when the crits and extra damage come in.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    I googled that...my man is a Chair, and also my #NewFavoriteThing
    I'd also accept it if DIsney bought the Tick and we got Chairface Chippendale.

Come on, Disney!  Each failed TV show makes the price drop.  Hurry up with the world domination already!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020
    ZeiramMR said:
    I could also see this being Karnak. The 4 turns could represent studying an enemy for their weakness, which is when the crits and extra damage come in.

!!!!!!! YES, please!!!  Great observation -- all of that fits SO well with the ability descriptions (plus, the Inhumans are a royal family)
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Sebastian Shaw, Black King of the Hellfire Club?