New exclusive [Knight's Charge] does not trigger it's adamant effect [As Designed]

Options
Quantius
Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
Part of the newly dropped exclusive bundle. Had it on board and matched white and black gems and it did not bring any knights out of the GY (I had 4 in GY).

It doesn't work while on board and it doesn't work when cast from hand even when it has the gold spinny circle when adamant is triggered.

Comments

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did you match black and white in the same turn? That’s how I read the card would work and It put me right off grabbing it early 

(not that I’ve needed much more persuading to reign in my spending but tha another story)
  • Quantius
    Options
    That would be awfully challenging to do in the same turn and I have not had that happen yet. I guess I can test it by running a bunch of gem changers to increase the liklihood of matching both in one turn.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Which is why I have no interest in the card as a pay to get.

it does have a powerful effect so I suspect it is the case
  • Quantius
    Options
    Welp, you are very correct. I just ran converter supports and got black and white matches on the same turn and it did trigger.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I just experienced this. Is this expected behavior to begin with or just a bug that we are theorizing now on?!

It sounds to me like it's not in the spirit of Adamant to be required to match BOTH white and black in the same turn - controlling the board to get black and white gems available is easy (gem converters) but getting both to match in the same turn sounds like an insane feat and ruins the purpose of the card being a hybrid black/white to begin with.

Any official answers on this?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello guys,

According to our Game Designers, the Adamant effect will only trigger if you match both colors on the same turn.
    Thank you.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well in that case this is going to be another trash card nobody will end up using, since it's already restricted to knights only in the first place. Shame... could've made for some super interesting decks.
    Thanks for the answer.