Can we please talk about Greg's cascades?

Options
2»

Comments

• Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about giving casting sickness to cards just drawn/fetched/copied (similar to creature summoning sickness)?  This would kill loop decks and a lot of players love brewing loops so maybe limit this to standard events.  They can introduce new mechanics like Cast X (Cast the first X cards you just drew/fetch/copied if they have enough mana).  This can be easily implemented if they want to by introducing it first in events using an infinite support that prevents immediate casting of cards just drawn/fetched/copied.
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Greg definitely gets huge cascades, I’ve watched my opponent cast his entire hand and then some in one turn when I can’t even get a sequence of my planeswalkers colors. I am playing Rising Tensions this morning and I have barely won any of them.  As soon as I get my opponent down to 20-30 life they miraculously get this never ending cascade and then kill me.  I’m sick of this nonsense. I am all about a close game and don’t care if I lose but this is ****.  
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Wolfteeth said:
    Greg definitely gets huge cascades, I’ve watched my opponent cast his entire hand and then some in one turn when I can’t even get a sequence of my planeswalkers colors. I am playing Rising Tensions this morning and I have barely won any of them.  As soon as I get my opponent down to 20-30 life they miraculously get this never ending cascade and then kill me.  I’m sick of this nonsense. I am all about a close game and don’t care if I lose but this is tinykitty.  
    Counterpoint: I won this thanks to some giant cascades (and S3's ult and High Alert)

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Somewhere back in forums of time's past, I threw a righteous tantrum because of the insane amount of matches Greg cascaded into in a single turn.  It was something like 13 matches in a row, enough to play his entire hand and fill his loyalty with some spare change.  yeah...good times *faceplants into the table* 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stormcrow said:
    You're right about the confirmation bias, EvilDead, but I think it doesn't help that cascades in the player's benefit don't usually change the outcome of the game, whereas crazy cascades in the AI's favor are probably the #1 thing that suddenly turns the outcome of a game to the AI's favor. 
    When you are accustomed to a 95% plus win-rate, there's rarely a situation where you need to turn the game into your favor, again that can be a confirmation bias as well...