***** Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg) *****

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:
    In pick-2 PvP I don't think he will be too good of an offensive partner for Kitty, unless the essential character is an X-men, which makes Kitty buff protects at just 3 on the board instead of requiring 4. No offensive threat, just a slow match to take on.
    Note that higher levels of yellow will provide more protect tiles, so you will have Kitty buffing from the start.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    This could be yet another character with a baffling X-Men affiliation that seems to specifically be attached for this purpose though *coughJuggernautcough*

Or perhaps they are a hero in the way Mysterio is a hero mechanically?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    RickOShay said:
    In pick-2 PvP I don't think he will be too good of an offensive partner for Kitty, unless the essential character is an X-men, which makes Kitty buff protects at just 3 on the board instead of requiring 4. No offensive threat, just a slow match to take on.
    Note that higher levels of yellow will provide more protect tiles, so you will have Kitty buffing from the start.
    Your're right, and an added X-men just lowers her buff restriction by 1, making it harder to match away their protect tiles before they get buffed up. But, this would still be a Defensive measure.
    On offense, there's really not much you get from this combo. 1 ability does measurable damage, his green. It will take 20 minutes to win this way lol.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:
    RickOShay said:
    Right, which would be a Defensive measure.
    On offense, there's really not much you get from this combo. 1 ability does measurable damage, his green. It will take 20 minutes to win this way lol.
    Certainly, I was only pointing out that the new character doesn't need to be an X-man for Kitty to be buffing the tiles.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    The wording is a little confusing, is this a fancy way of saying the green fires 3 random attacks, or is it an AOE?  Or may we have 4 v 4 feature incoming?   :)
    Could be 3 people once each or could be one person 3 times, or one person twice and another once, etc.. 4v4 would be cool though. :)
    So like gwenpool green
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    I am seeing lots of mentions of 4* Wasp, which is fine. But...let's not ignore the fact that this character will be amazing with 5* Wasp!!! Generating all of that blue AP by matching those protect tiles...leading to a board full of glorious locked-in swarm tiles. It will be so easy to collect the paltry 24 blue AP needed to CALL. THE. SWARM. This character seems to be specifically made to go with Hope, which makes me think it must be some kind of Ant-Man character. I'm guessing either 5* Hank Pym or 5* Ant-thony.
    Devastatingly insightful cactus!  My only critique is that 5* wasp is SO GOOD that Demi has to work really hard to design characters that don't play well with her. . .

CALL. DAT. SWARM.

As for this new 5*, numbers matter, so i think it's a bit early to proclaim the new protect tile meta.

Also, re: a hypothetical protect tile meta, please please no!  The game is grind-y enough as is.  We don't need even longer matches.  Defensive gameplay in a vacuum is fine.  But in a game that asks players to play in excess of 70 matches a day to keep pace with the rate of character release, more defense-heavy meta = bad for players.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated the initial post from Spoiler Free to the full version. From Sakaar Tower of Gladiators easter egg to MPQ, Beta Ray Bill is here!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like a 5-3-5 to me. Decent looking character numberwise.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I like it! Nice 5* work!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    Wow those numbers are better than I expected in almost all areas. Going 5/3/5 for sure.
    Very nice damage from the 4x hits from green, the potential for 33,484 (8371x4) to a single enemy. 
    It's random hits still, so it's difficult to take down a 51% Thor for example, unless he's the last enemy.

The starting protect tiles from his passive seem to be of fair value. 

But I'm quite impressed with his blue. I was way off expecting the damage to be laughable, it's Not. 6836 target damage plus the near guarantee you'll get 2x362 protect tiles each turn for 4 turns?  Or many more? This is very dangerous. 

Requesting 4* Wasp team ups Now!  :wink:
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX
    will 5* Thor and Bill be able to be use at the same time?  5* Thor and 4* Thora cannot be so just want to make sure.  
  • IceIX
    @IceIX
    will 5* Thor and Bill be able to be use at the same time?  5* Thor and 4* Thora cannot be so just want to make sure.  
    Yes, Bill and Thor (or Jane) can be used at the same time.
  • IceIX
    OJSP said:
    Is he wielding a different version of Stormbreaker? Can he equip the Stormbreaker support? Will he be able to team up with someone equipped with Stormbreaker?
    His Stormbreaker is the 616 one, not the MCU one. So yes, he can dual wield Stormbreakers.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    so with Kitty you just run 5,3,5 since on turn 2 you have eliminated match damage.  Blue and green do decent damage.

if Kitty was not in the game I would not mind this character, but with Kitty buffing free tiles to stupid high levels this will be another Rock Paper Scissors team probably with Eddy Brock nullifying protect tiles.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Me likey. Definitely a hoard buster.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    wymtime said:
    so with Kitty you just run 5,3,5 since on turn 2 you have eliminated match damage.  Blue and green do decent damage.

if Kitty was not in the game I would not mind this character, but with Kitty buffing free tiles to stupid high levels this will be another Rock Paper Scissors team probably with Eddy Brock nullifying protect tiles.
    Rock, paper, scissors is fine. The problem is when the meta is rock, rock, rock.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Borstock said:
    I don’t see it, colour for colour he is worse than grocket except blue but it’s still protects over strikes and who really wants or needs that. I guess I keep on hoarding, going to let prof carnage and this one slip off into the classic pool. 

754 pulls and counting.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    How many shards will be given by his release store tokens?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Borstock said:
    I don’t see it, colour for colour he is worse than grocket except blue but it’s still protects over strikes and who really wants or needs that. I guess I keep on hoarding, going to let prof carnage and this one slip off into the classic pool. 

754 pulls and counting.
    I’m the opposite. Might pull when latest contains prof x, carnage and beta ray bill. Got 14.5k command points and 130 latest tokens saved up. I only have a lone blue cover for prof x and carnage is 5/1/1. Not sure who to set as target hero, prof x or beta ray or leave it on a classic (likely ghost rider)