• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Maybe
    Other people will
    Decide that 
    Only the blue power should be used to
    Kill
    So you don't think it is a Bio-Robotic Organism Designed Overwhelmingly for Kissing?
    Great pull from the recent West Coast Avengers.....BRO
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    West Coast Avengers = Best Coast Avengers.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So black is hoping to put enough red on the board to match away the enemy attack tiles.  

Red looks like it will ultimately be bad since you need 24 red to get the high damage

blue also looks bad since you will need to spam powers to make the CD resolve.  This power might only be good in wave nodes to actually fire.  Also in PVP against meta teams Gritty, that CD will be over written and not resolve.  

The only way this power looks strong is in PVE when the character is used by the AI surrounded by goons who will fire CD tiles.  This will let this character build up red AP, but also let the blue power resolve.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to pair this guy with Shuri. Cheap powers and fortifying them is gnarly, plus it would increase the cost of opponents powers which will help the blue.

Problem is overlap on 2 colors. But if a team is working extremely well, color overlap is negligent.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, no official numbers yet (or reveal of the character).  In game preview will appear in about 10 hours with viewable covers for the "mystery character".

I don't suppose a forum update will beat that......or will it?  The clock starts now!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Hah.  They can't hold their own against the greatest.  The Great Lakes Avengers!

Oh, don't even joke... I would whale the heck out of powerleveling the GLA if they ever released the team as a standalone "character". XD 
    Been asking in every survey to get Black Cat, Mysterio and some form of the GLA, so I feel like it's now only a question of time before they show up!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated teaser with information for M.O.D.O.K. (A.I.M. Overlord)!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Best build feels like 5/3/5
  • Anon
    5/3/5 and don't look back.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolute 5/3/5 so he can pair with Carol.

KGB
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I think folks are seeing something I'm not, because he looks like dumpster juice to me. 

- Seems like the best bet for his blue would be pairing him with folks who have powers that either manually or passively reduce CDs, or are just cheap in general

- Never been a fan of powers that give the opponent special tiles, and I don't think the damage this black power does makes it feel like a worthy tradeoff. Powers where you have to spend AP to add a certain type of tile to the board aren't really the most efficient ways of attempting to generate that AP, due to the random placement. These types of powers work best in conjunction with other powers that play on its effect. Making Bl4de more likely to generate a strike for example, or making it that much easier for Ronin to get a match. Or adding enough red to make it easier to match Winter Soldier's red, or one of JJ's trap tiles. I could see some utility in this but still don't like it. 

- 24 RED AP......to deal less than 10K damage.....for firing the power 4 times. My goodness. I could accept this if there were varying effects like 5-Ock's green or Hawkeye's blue, but it's just 4 different stages of doing mediocre damage. 

Run away, Simba. Run! Run away, and never return!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    I think folks are seeing something I'm not, because he looks like dumpster juice to me. 

- 24 RED AP......to deal less than 10K damage.....for firing the power 4 times. My goodness. I could accept this if there were varying effects like 5-Ock's green or Hawkeye's blue, but it's just 4 different stages of doing mediocre damage. 

Run away, Simba. Run! Run away, and never return!
    He's not meta, but I think you are misreading his Red:

Level 5: 3 Strength 157 Attack tiles / 769 damage / 2155 damage / 3578 damage. 
    (Max level strength 305 tiles / 1499 damage / 4196 damage / 6972 damage)

So at 5 covers and L270 you get 2 305 attack tiles, 3 hits of 1499 damage (roughly 4500), 2 CD's for another 4196 each (potential 8400) and 1 laser blast of 6972. That's 19+K damage. Even nicer is many of the affects are multi-hit so they will do even more when paired with Okoye or Rockets strikes etc.

KGB

• Anon
    So uh, any word on who's required for Shield Training?
  • Anon
    Anon said:
    So uh, any word on who's required for Shield Training?
    Kraven, Flaptain and Hammond Torch I believe 
    Well, 2 of 3 isn't the worst thing ever.
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    They made M.O.D.O.K. !!!!! Super happy. Kids they do read the surveys!

Hot diggety. My boy M.O.D.O.K. !

Modey Mode Modes M.O.D.O.K.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    It’s a face only a mother can love... maybe not even her
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's loaner node was a little rough, even though the team actually worked out ok on paper. Love the art on MODOK, but I don't see where he fits into my playstyle yet.