New Character: **** Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair) ****

124»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like the comic cover they chose for her. Curious why her only affiliation is "Heroes," you'd think there would be a few to choose from.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker
    MegaBee said:
    That loaner node is brutal.
    Really depends if the board has yellow or not. If it has yellow, Nico has a chance to get some shield tiles down that mitigate the damage you are taking and true heal her. For me, it gave me a chance to look at Rahne's powerset. Like others have stated, she isn't going to be joining my must use teams the way 4 Juggs has. Her invisibility mechanic is nice, but it still requires too much matching in her strongest colors... Might be nice to see how she plays on a team with Howard and Prof X4vier for rainbow coverage invisibility fun, though.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,321 Chairperson of the Boards
    She didn't really live up to expectations, the invisibility is probably the saving grace. I'm thinking she is fairly mid-tier.
  • ThanosThanos Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited 9 November 2019, 20:21
    I was gonna make some videos with her but there's nothing new or exciting about her or her abilities. She's mediocre and i'm feeling uninspired.
  • YepyepYepyep Posts: 649 Critical Contributor
    she isn't going to be joining my must use teams the way 4 Juggs has.
    So you have mentioned Juggs as has @TPF Alexis and I could really use some help on how he fits in and gets used. I’m a transitioning-to-5* guy and am a little at sea trying to get/keep my head around all the powers and options. 

I’m not looking to hijack this thread, but would you (or others) mind pitching out some ways Juggs 4* is fun and useful? I’ve got Okoye, BB, Kitty, DD, Wolverine, and JJ champed of 5s. Most 4s are champed or immediately ready to be. I could really use some starter ideas — for pve especially. 
  • KGBKGB Posts: 816 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    Yepyep said:
    I could really use some starter ideas — for pve especially. 
    Kitty Rocket Juggs will make a lot of nodes over in a few turns.
    Gamora/Rocket/Juggs (with a support that increase black match damage) will do it even faster because Juggs will tank more colors and thus his AOE fires more often. In CL7 I can clear every bit as fast as full 5* teams using 5* Thanos or Thorkoye or Gritty.

KGB
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,118 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 10 November 2019, 00:50
    Yepyep said:
    So you have mentioned Juggs as has @TPF Alexis and I could really use some help on how he fits in and gets used. I’m a transitioning-to-5* guy and am a little at sea trying to get/keep my head around all the powers and options. 

I’m not looking to hijack this thread, but would you (or others) mind pitching out some ways Juggs 4* is fun and useful? I’ve got Okoye, BB, Kitty, DD, Wolverine, and JJ champed of 5s. Most 4s are champed or immediately ready to be. I could really use some starter ideas — for pve especially. 
    I think the basic idea is that juggs does passive aoe.  So add some beefy strike tiles *cough* grocket *cough* and the damage mounts up extremely fast.
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited 10 November 2019, 15:16
    With her using black AP to turn invisible: Now we can bring 3 4*s who could turn invisible using 3 different APs (Invisible Woman (yellow), Miles/ProfX/BlackWidow/Howard/Ghost/Mysterio (purple), and Wolfsbane(black)). (BSSM uses blue or green to turn invisible, but he's a 5* and Agent Venom turns his teammates invisible with Take Cover (yellow) but not himself)

I used to have Vulture as the 3rd to go airborne and he could be better offensively. But, it's going to be an interesting team nonetheless. She also makes a rainbow team with Invisible Woman (I used Elektra before for her Shadow Step and they're usually boosted together, or Spider-Woman for Seeking Redemption). They're still prone to AoEs, but I imagine they are a fun team. 

Looking forward to find a good team to play around with in the future. Edit: had to check my roster and keep adding those using purple to turn invisible.. so many of them.. :lol:
  • DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 1,957 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    She didn't really live up to expectations, the invisibility is probably the saving grace. I'm thinking she is fairly mid-tier.
    Oh, i don't know about that. She seems fairly versatile to me, and works really well with either of the two 5* meta teams.

Okoye boosts all of her powers quite nicely. And with her placing strike tiles as part of her red, she also has a nice spot on Gritty teams as well. 

Will I be using her outside of essentials? With 25 champed 5*s, of course not. But I'm at least enjoying using her in her release PVP.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker
    edited 12 November 2019, 19:31
    Vhailorx said:
    Yepyep said:

I think the basic idea is that juggs does passive aoe.  So add some beefy strike tiles *cough* grocket *cough* and the damage mounts up extremely fast.
    Grocket, Kitty and Juggs is a train rolling through PVE. Juggs tanks in quite a few colors and does Passive AOE on each of his matches, Kitty buffs Grocket's strike tiles beginning on turn 2. If there are no tile movers on the other team, most matches are done in under 7 turns. Wave nodes with no tile movers are insanely quick, too. If you have Carol's Communicator Support on Kitty at tier 3 or higher, the only people you're worrying about healing are Juggs and Grocket, as Kitty gets true healing when special tiles are matched, and Grocket only hits the front lines if Juggs is stunned. Plus, Carol's Communicator also gives chances for Defense tiles Kitty can boost at the beginning of a match. It's a team that steamrolls damages without the health pack usage of Thanos or the Silver tiles balancing and health monitoring needed to keep ThorOkoye's steamrolling going.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,321 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh, i don't know about that. She seems fairly versatile to me, and works really well with either of the two 5* meta teams.

Okoye boosts all of her powers quite nicely. And with her placing strike tiles as part of her red, she also has a nice spot on Gritty teams as well. 

Will I be using her outside of essentials? With 25 champed 5*s, of course not. But I'm at least enjoying using her in her release PVP.
    Sadly my Gritty team is missing a Kitty yellow cover shaped hole of an otherwise would have been quite useable 0/5/4 and for the timebeing at least Sabretooth will be a better option for me with Okoye. So she sits on the bench. Still these things can always change.