MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2019 Edition (Updated 11/22/19)

Comments

• bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 3,418 Chairperson of the Boards
    This, I suppose, is why you hoard and hoard and hoard......  At least with shards you are only about 27 pulls from a bonus 4 at any time with no bad streaks to worry about.

I'm not quite sure why everyone thinks shards will make it harder to get people to 209 when Heroics give shards too, every time.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,409 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    This, I suppose, is why you hoard and hoard and hoard......  At least with shards you are only about 27 pulls from a bonus 4 at any time with no bad streaks to worry about.

I'm not quite sure why everyone thinks shards will make it harder to get people to 209 when Heroics give shards too, every time.
    Probably the same reason high school physics class often disregards air resistance on word problems - it makes the full picture of what's going on much less straightforward when you introduce those other factors. Also we don't know what we don't know yet about supplemental shard drop rates, which further complicate the picture. So we look at the easy to math up ones in a vacuum and have our feelings about it all.

If the picture of feeders changes dramatically like was implied in the shard post, that too could really shift the acquisition rates to the positive. I'll be very interested to see final numbers on shards as they roll out, and compare it to my tracked progress so far in 2019 chasing 4s and 5s via bonus.
  • shardwickshardwick Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Yeah, plus there's the option of spending hp so I think my method will be a combination of hp and token pulls.
  • blankcanvasblankcanvas Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Every time ST comes along it feels like one screw job after another. I am really not feeling the love currently. 
    On the one hand, ST has always been about pushing people to chase covers/spend HP and dollars.  But you could probably get really close with some decent placement,  enough so that you could fill in the gap with a bonus if you hit two PVEs hard and the PVP in progression etc.  Or maybe you can get that new person to 10 covers without a bonus, it all depends.  

On the other hand, dilution - as I have pointed out before - makes hitting 10 covers for more than one person in ST (who you don't already have there) pretty much impossible, even with a week or two of notice, and having hoarded etc.

As dilution gets a little worse with every release, the goalposts get a little harder to reach on a continual basis and the baked-in advantage of vets solidifies even more.
  • chf5868chf5868 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:

On the other hand, dilution - as I have pointed out before - makes hitting 10 covers for more than one person in ST (who you don't already have there) pretty much impossible, even with a week or two of notice, and having hoarded etc.

As dilution gets a little worse with every release, the goalposts get a little harder to reach on a continual basis and the baked-in advantage of vets solidifies even more.
    I agree wholeheartedly, I always seem to have 2/3 of ST essentials @ a usable level. But I have never had the money or resources to roster everyone, so I pick up a couple more whenever I can. The dilution problem doesn't seem to have a viable solution on the horizon either, as new additions that aren't finished are getting generic power "placeholder" updates until the character is release ready.

It seems that events & releases are starting to place a time strain on the beloved MPQ gods. I for one would be MUCH happier w/ say 1 new character a month that was well thought out & worth having than some of the more pedestrian characters that are must haves just because they're new.
    I don't want to turn this thread into a dilution discussion - plenty of those around.  But long story short, the devs have no incentive to stop consistently releasing characters since they drive spending for a lot of people.  Each new person requires a roster slot and creates covers to chase, etc. 

Therefore the only way to (even slightly) improve the situation is with reward adjustments.  We finally have a 3/4 token coming as well as shards providing a possible route to increase rewards since they give partial covers.

We will see how things shake out.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,382 Chairperson of the Boards
    So now we know the new character is M.O.D.O.K who wants to guess what his PvP will be called? I'm giving you a head start here...

"Criminal A.I.M.S"
    "Getting ahead"
    "Heads you lose!"
    "Holy cow - look at the size of that head..."
  • ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,714 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    So now we know the new character is M.O.D.O.K who wants to guess what his PvP will be called? I'm giving you a head start here...

"Criminal A.I.M.S"
    "Getting ahead"
    "Heads you lose!"
    "Holy cow - look at the size of that head..."
    I'm trying to decide which one sounds best as a Roger Moore quip in a Bond film...probably "Heads you lose".
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,409 Chairperson of the Boards
    A.I.M. High
    The Final Countdown
  • Waddles_PinesWaddles_Pines Posts: 724 Critical Contributor
    edited 22 November 2019, 00:23
    Big head, little arms 

(Tried attaching "Meet the Robinson's" dinosaur "I have a big head and little arms" meme, but couldn't from my phone)
  • MorganWickMorganWick Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited 22 November 2019, 22:04
    Not to be too naggy, but there's going to be a DDQ vault flip over the weekend that's not reflected in the thread... @IceIX
  • IceIXIceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,385 Site Admin
    Not to be too naggy, but there's going to be a DDQ vault flip over the weekend that's not reflected in the thread... @IceIX
    It's all updated now, so that shouldn't be an issue. :)
  • PtahhotepPtahhotep Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    The progress reward for Deadpool vs MPQ listed here is a Torch green cover, in game it shows as red.
  • Ed_DragonriderEd_Dragonrider Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    @IceIX

Just to clarify:

Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Carnage
    4-Star: Captain America (Endgame)
    3-Star: Deadpool
    2-Star: Black Widow

Endgame = Worthy, right? And not yet another Cap coming our way....
    @IceIX

Just to clarify:

Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Carnage
    4-Star: Captain America (Endgame)
    3-Star: Deadpool
    2-Star: Black Widow

Endgame = Worthy, right? And not yet another Cap coming our way....
    He used the exact same name last time Worthy was a reward.......
  • wingXwingX Posts: 195 Tile Toppler

IceIX said:

Webbed Wonder - 4 Day Duration (12/01/19)  *New Update*

Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Kitty Pryde
    4-Star: Nico Minoru
    3-Star: Doctor Doom
    2-Star: Daken

Kitty and Nico are boosted in this PVE, guess there will double tiles buffing with 4*RocketGroot!
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    Which event is Lost in Time? Trying to remember what teams we face primarily.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    Which event is Lost in Time? Trying to remember what teams we face primarily.
    2099 release with the 4-clear K-Sauce node and the one where your entire roster is boosted for the last sub. Really messed me up lol.