Yarok seems to cause softlocks [Fixed]

Options
thesmallesthuman
thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
I’m starting to notice a pattern with Yarok causing occasional soft locks. It’s happened with a bunch of different decks and creatures, and for the most part he operates fine. But about half the games, at some point once a game has gotten rolling, another creature is entering the board and the card just sticks to the screen and everything stops. The common factor seems to be Yarok even though it never seems to freeze when he’s the one entering. 

For testing purposes, creatures off the top of my head that I’ve had get stuck to the screen while Yarok is in play include Golos, Hatchery Spider, and Cavalier of Dawn. For a while I thought that these creatures were the issues, but they always seem to work perfectly fine with no Yarok in play. 

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• thesmallesthuman
    Options
    Okay, after further testing - it doesn’t seem to be an issue when I hand-cast another creature. But I am consistently having the freeze when Killer Instinct activates at the beginning of turn and Yarok was already on the board. Haven’t tested with other forms of summoning yet but it’s been very consistent with those two cards in play together. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello @thesmallesthuman

Thank you for the feedback.
    Could you confirm which Yarok card are you using?
    Waiting for your response.
  • thesmallesthuman
    Options
    Ah sorry, didn’t realize there were multiple cards with the name. Yarok, the Desecrated is the one giving me trouble.
  • Tunist
    Tunist Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm having the same issues. Also seems to be with killer instinct triggering when yarok, the desecrated is in play
  • McLaren720S
    McLaren720S Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have the same situation here. Once Yarok is put in the deck, many effects that should happen are about to be triggered (such as when the color of the gem is to be converted), the game will soft lock.
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I've had freezes with Yarok and Djinn..but only when there are a ton of Djinn token's on the board.
    A deck I have with Yarok, Djinn, and Golos freezes almost every time I try to run it. You get tons of Djinn tokens out, then Golos comes out with Rupture spiring the board twice..almost always freezes.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just had one of these today, Yarok on the board.  Start of turn, Killer Instinct puts Zacama, Primal Calamity into play.  Next action (I think) is Zacama re-enforced, then the first gem conversion, then Zacama looses re-enforcement, second gem conversion.

Game froze right before re-enforcement.  So 1 9/9 Zacama, no gem conversion, locked game.
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just to throw my hat in, I can confirm the softlock with Yarok and Golos on the board.  I wasn't even doing anything fancy.  Just matched an activated gem, one support got put into play from Golos and then softlock which I imagine was a creature trying to enter play.
  • Shabu
    Shabu Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I seem to be late to the party with this, but I've also been encountering the lock.  My most recent was with the yarok card and golos both in play.  Golos tireless pilgrim is triggered by matching one of his gems on the board.  When a creature is summoned from this, the board locks.  I have a screen shot of the battle log, the locked screen and of the deck I used if needed.
  • 7thGuest
    7thGuest Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ran into the same issue as others here with Yarok. No Killer Instict but was using Golos. Can't recall if the lock was on cast or Golos yanking them in though
    Options
    Hello guys,

We already have a scheduled fix for Yarok card.
    Thank for the feedback, it's very important for us!
  • 7thGuest
    7thGuest Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This appears to still be an issue post 3.9 (although not nearly with pre 3.9 frequency) I ran into 2x yesterday playing the RT event. 

Both times were from Golos pulling creatures onto the battlefield (1 Hexdrinker, 1 Yarok), didn't happen with Chord of Calling or any other fetch cards that I noticed. Although it didn't happen with Golos every time either, played numerous matches with Golos and Yarok and only had the 2 locks. 
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Is this still scheduled to be fixed? And if so, when exactly?
    i paid cash for this card when it was in the vault (I know, shame on me) and haven’t been able to use it due to the constant freezes with it.
    Im ready to contact Apple for a refund because you sold a defective “product”
  • thesmallesthuman
    Options
    Bumping this cuz I just gave it a go again and it’s still broken. It’s been a long time now. This is a potentially amazing card and I know I’m not alone in wishing I could use it without risking an automatic loss. If I’d paid money for it I’d be even more upset but I know plenty of us did. Any chance of a fix coming up?
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We still have reported crashes when using this card and urza @Oktagon_Support
    Options
    Hi @Julie71
    Thank you for the heads up!
    I will add Yarok to Urza's test case right away.  :* 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hi @Julie71
    Thank you for the heads up!
    I will add Yarok to Urza's test case right away.  :* 
    Just an FYI I have been trying very hard to crash my games yes deliberately. Lol I have been successful while using castle vantress all other attempts have failed so this card in conjunction with the other maybe the issue.  I have tried it with other creatures and it has worked fine. I have given screenshots to Bianca :)